PDA

View Full Version : G8 death

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
OK, I almost have enough documentation to clame slowest, lowest HP, modded G8 on the planet. All I need now is an e.t. slip.
Well. I was on the way to work this evening and couls see the rear end of a Charger SRT-8 up ahead. I stepped up the pace. I was looking to pick a fight. I knew the car. The guy travels this piece of interstate alot as do I. I usually pass him going th opposite direction. I know its the same car because they guy has changed the tires and runs a much larger tire out back on the stock wheels. ANYWAY, I approached him and bumped it in sport and cut off the AC. Got beside him and give him a lets go finger shake. He was smiling and talking on his cell! I just sat beside him at 75mph and for a few seconds there I didnt think he was going to bite. Then he did.. Hard. I got on it as soon as i seen his car jump but it was no good. he jumped out to where my front bumper was about even with his back bumper and that where I finally got enough gogo to keep him from pulling away any further, but then he slammed on brakes.. we where running about 100mph and he knew as well as I did we were coming up on a spot where five o likes to sit. we passed the spot and I rolled up beside him again. he waved but I stuck up three fingers letting him know I was not done with this fight yet. Apparently I had not got my ass beat enough yet. this time the jump was almost even he jumped just early enough to put his front tires at my front bumper. then something strange happen.. we were locked for a few seconds then the charger actually pulled away just a little and slowly. Then it was a stalemate again leaving me with my front bumper about even with his side mirrors. That little burst was from about 70-120. I let off when he did cause i wasn't raised to do looser fly-bys. I rolled up and give him a thumbs up and went on my way. The guy never got off his cell. lol.
OK facts about this engagment..
1. I had JUST filled the tank, and it was me AND the old lady and our stuff so I had some extra weight.
2. He was solo.
3. I have no idea what mods he has but it sounds stock.
Im not making excuse's, and I have no idea what would happen from a dig, but from a roll on.. I got owned.
I read on here about kills of these cars from guys with same mods or near to same as mine. I don't know.. my G8 is just a turd I guess.

g8_795
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I would expect you not to be able to hang with him with your mods. They are 13.1-13.2 cars stock. I would suspect you are somewhere in the 13.5 area. Maybe as low as 13.3.

grandmacpubah
08-04-2009, 05:51 PM
honestly it sounds like it went down exactly as it should. Don't feel bad at all. those srt-8s can hit 13 flat stock if driven right.

WickedMom
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I ran in to a SRT8 Challenger yesterday on the way home. We messed around, until he passed a car on the freeway ON THE RIGHT SHOULDER....

EFF THAT! 1) I wouldnt want the rock/debris spray from driving on the shoulder 2) extremely more illegal than just speed contest on the freeway 3) Dangerous as F*&K. who expects two cars to fly by at 90+ mph on the right shoulder....

Anyway. Mine is mostly stock, I expected him to blow my doors off... but it was fun anyway

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
honestly it sounds like it went down exactly as it should. Don't feel bad at all. those srt-8s can hit 13 flat stock if driven right.

Well... I guess I need to just take it to the track and reserve judgment until then.

fiveoh
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Just because it sounds stock doesnt mean he doesnt have a cai and or tune like you as well. I'm guessing if you didnt have your wife + stuff(im gonna guess at least 100lbs here unless your wife is a midget) you would have probably been dead even.

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Just because it sounds stock doesnt mean he doesnt have a cai and or tune like you as well. I'm guessing if you didnt have your wife + stuff(im gonna guess at least 100lbs here unless your wife is a midget) you would have probably been dead even.

LOL well.. shes not a midget, and the ole lady isn't a small block. Of course she isn't a big block per say just more of a 406 stroker if you will. No weight for her and two bags.. an extra 145lbs but yeah I get your gist. he may have those things. if i ever get the chance i will find out.
thing is I really didn't wanna go any further than this with the car.. i can already see where this is headed.. Im either fixin to go stupid with the mods or get rid of it. I prolly need to get rid of it. :wacko:

grandmacpubah
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
LOL well.. shes not a midget, and the ole lady isn't a small block. Of course she isn't a big block per say just more of a 406 stroker if you will. No weight for her and two bags.. an extra 145lbs but yeah I get your gist. he may have those things. if i ever get the chance i will find out.
thing is I really didn't wanna go any further than this with the car.. i can already see where this is headed.. Im either fixin to go stupid with the mods or get rid of it. I prolly need to get rid of it. :wacko:

mods are calling you...

WickedMom
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Lets mod our cars TOGETHER!

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 07:12 PM
LOL I cant guys.. I have a jeep to finish. believe it or not, the G8 is not my toy its my main transportation.. My Jeep.. Now thats daddy's garaged baby.
It gets whatever it wants and it doesn't have to do nothin but sit and look pretty. :thumbsup:

superspud
08-04-2009, 07:14 PM

I'd have to agree. It takes a bit to run an SRT-8. I ran a challenger last weekend from a dig at 50 and it was close. My gf said he let off, but I knew it was b/c he knew he couldn't hang. ;)

the best part was when immediately went to turn off at the next stop light and when he looked at me when I stomped on it.

grandmacpubah
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
LOL I cant guys.. I have a jeep to finish. believe it or not, the G8 is not my toy its my main transportation.. My Jeep.. Now thats daddy's garaged baby.
It gets whatever it wants and it doesn't have to do nothin but sit and look pretty. :thumbsup:

and mullet sportin dodge boys are going to keep beating you :loser:

lol

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 07:28 PM
and mullet sportin dodge boys are going to keep beating you :loser:

lol

haha! point taken. maybe LT's then but thats it! and those will have to wait until around christmas. gotta get my ox locker and 4.56's in the jeep first

JMorris
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
in for pics of the jeep!

blackoutgt
08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
If you kept up with him the second run you did well. Don't expect to keep up with an SRT-8 on the freeway, they are geared to release most of their power between 70-140. If you pulled up beside him at a stop light though, that's a different story, from a stand still they are slow as butt. Follow him off the freeway next time and catch him at the next light. Then you'll show him who the boss is.

WARLOCK
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
in for pics of the jeep!

LOL sure.
These are actually old. I need to take new ones i have added stuff since these.
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/BFYTW/CIMG3025.jpg
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/BFYTW/CIMG3023.jpg
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/BFYTW/CIMG3018-1.jpg

It has a Rubicon Express 5.5" long arm kit over 10" travel Bilstien 5150 remote res. shocks, Quick disconnects. Currie Rock Jock steering system, Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizer, 35x12.50x15 Mickey MTZ on 15x10 Mickey Street lock wheels, Dana 44 rear (currently has 3.73's all way around) 6 speed stick with the 4.0 I6, Clarion SD headunit with bluetooth, Polk 400.4 running Polk tweets and 4's up front in dash and A pillars, and Polk 6.5 component sets in the stock rear pods. Polk 500.1 running 3 Polk 8" momo's in custom down fire box, plus a highlift jack, rear Smitty built swingaway tire carrier with full 35" spare, front Proto-Fab bumber with hooks and shackles, and Hella 6" lights.. and a few other small mods so far.

grandmacpubah
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
haha! point taken. maybe LT's then but thats it! and those will have to wait until around christmas. gotta get my ox locker and 4.56's in the jeep first

woohoo now we're talkin! now you will feel the powaaaah of the daaak side

Devilish34
08-05-2009, 05:18 AM
You need long tubes to stay in that fight

Ktlplxm
08-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Come down this way... I have some extra fun parts layin around lol

JMorris
08-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Warlock; That's a bad ass jeep! IMHO you need to put a winch on that thing and put run it through it's paces. It's not complete until it has some scrapes and war wounds to talk about!

WARLOCK
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Come down this way... I have some extra fun parts layin around lol

Whatcha got and where ya at man! lol

Warlock; That's a bad ass jeep! IMHO you need to put a winch on that thing and put run it through it's paces. It's not complete until it has some scrapes and war wounds to talk about!

Yes M8000 winch is on the list, with rocksliders, ox lockers, gen right flat fenders, etc etc. That jeep has never seen mud or off road its whole life. it has 12,000 original miles and has always been garage kept and babied. I know it will rock crawl. I know it will go thru serious stuff, but i cant bring myself to pop its cherry. what can I say. Im a jeep poser. lol