PDA

View Full Version : NE folks?

PantherGT
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Are there any G8 people in Nebraska other than me?! EH?

OmahaGTP
08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Just picked mine up on Thursday from Missouri Valley, but live in Omaha. I really don't see very many around here. I've seen a few, but ever since I made a decision to get a G8 three or so weeks ago, I haven't seen a single one. Maybe I'm looking too hard.

PantherGT
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
lol I noticed the same thing. Saw a couple in Lincoln, then got mine and see none. But the ones I do are black.... I will be getting some satin black stripes to stand out some day. If you're interested, we are expanding our Grand Prix club in Nebraska to Late Model Pontiac. Go to www.nebraskaclubgp.net. We are still there until the transition, the new forum is under construction. I am SLPGTP on there.

I also got mine from Woodhouse. Couldn't beat that deal. What did you pay for your?

Posidon42
08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
There are several on base at Offutt. I know of at least 5 others. Mine is the only sport red though :) One white GXP, one red GT, and I think two different black GTs. I hope there are more of us (sort of). Was looking into getting an HPTuner and spending the extra $200 to get the unlimited make/model/year so we could share the cost and the unit.

PantherGT
08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
It's only $200 to get whatever years you want?!?! Woah!!

Jump over to www.nlmpontiac.com

It's a Nebraska Pontiac club for late model cars to balance the ones that cater more towards the older Pontiacs. Make a newb post and get talkin! It needs more non GP chatter since we converted.

Do you work at Offut?

vanilla13gorilla
09-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I talked the wife into getting the last one at Plaza Pontiac in Omaha on Sun. We got rid of the old Grand Am GT in place of the red loaded G8 GT. I knew what these cars were capable of, I lived in Australia for several years and saw kinds of 'hoped' up Holdens and was just amazed at how fast these little known cars were!. I hear all these people on other boards trash talking Holdens but I can assure you that their is a crap-load of old Holdens in Aus. that would run with the best new/old model car or truck. Sure, they look old and outdated but Holden makes cars to last, period. I was so glad to see the line come to the states but what a crock that GM had to drop the Pontiac line just when I think they had a chance at something great. Anyways, these are wonderful cars and im glad I can be a proud owner of an 'americanized' Holden.:woohoo: Mods are already on order, just had it for 5 days....:beer2:

Posidon42
09-30-2009, 04:07 PM
My HPTuners is on the way. Got a GREAT deal on a used one with USB and 4 credits left. Should be in just in time for my home built intake to be finished.

parish8
09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
i am in omaha. i dont see too many g8's.

whats weird is a just got back from a 2600mile road trip and only saw maybe 2 g8's the whole trip. we were on drag week and they took a couple of pics of my car. who knows, might end up with a blurb in the there.

vanilla13gorilla
10-01-2009, 08:49 AM
i am in omaha. i dont see too many g8's.

whats weird is a just got back from a 2600mile road trip and only saw maybe 2 g8's the whole trip. we were on drag week and they took a couple of pics of my car. who knows, might end up with a blurb in the there.

Man, your not joking!!, very few G8 around here in Omaha, my kids taekwondo instructor has one but dose not drive it much:confused:. Maybe their are more in 'hiding'?. Love the set-up on your ride!!. I run the alkycontrol 'meth' kit on my Buick T-Type with no problems maybe because I use the FAST EFI kit on that car. But I saw it on yours, have you had any issues with it, i.e A/F, anything?. I want to put on on my G8, these kits work great on my old Buick and would like to get the same results out of the L76. Whats your thoughts?..

OmahaGTP
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I saw a silver GT on my way to work, and saw a red V6 and a pacific green V6 a few days back. Barring that, I never see them. I feel obligated to give a thumbs up/nod, it's such an occasion when I come across them.

parish8
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
i like the alcohol injection kit. works exactly as advertised. tuning was not a problem just kept pulling fuel till it was at 11/1.

vanilla13gorilla
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I saw a silver GT on my way to work, and saw a red V6 and a pacific green V6 a few days back. Barring that, I never see them. I feel obligated to give a thumbs up/nod, it's such an occasion when I come across them.

Maybe you will see my wife driving around the liquid red 2009.5 GT around town, 'PONTIAC', 'dealer' badge delete. You cant miss her, she drive the G8 VERY SLOW!!!, no kidding, she is still a little shy of the L76, humm..go figure.

The_Brute
11-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Another Nebraska guy. I'm in Columbus. I've seen a few G8's here in town. I've got a white one and have seen a white, black, and red one driving around. I need to hook up with Parish and have him make me a turbo kit like he has!

Adam

parish8
11-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Another Nebraska guy. I'm in Columbus. I've seen a few G8's here in town. I've got a white one and have seen a white, black, and red one driving around. I need to hook up with Parish and have him make me a turbo kit like he has!

Adam

just drop off the car with a pile of cash. i can hook you up.

The_Brute
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
just drop off the car with a pile of cash. i can hook you up.

Are you actually making a kit for our cars? PM me a price. My G8 isn't my daily driver so that makes things easier. Thanks.

Adam

JSGT09
07-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok so anyone else still check this thread too? I see a few different people have posted in the Omaha thread vs. this one.

Doomraven
10-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Thought I'd give this thread a bump. Hope everyone had a good summer with their G8s. I'm in Omaha with a red one with a few go fast/loud parts...shouldn't be hard to spot me.

pontiac_wolf
08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I have just purchased my '09 G8! I live in Norfolk

jspayne66
08-13-2013, 05:46 AM
Thought I'd give this thread a bump. Hope everyone had a good summer with their G8s. I'm in Omaha with a red one with a few go fast/loud parts...shouldn't be hard to spot me.

same here.

Jae
08-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Kearney

Saw a grey g8 heading south on e on Monday at about 2pm with Nebraska plates... anyone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Doomraven
08-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Anyone still around in Omaha? I almost never see any G8s running around.

jspayne66
08-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Still here!

parish8
08-13-2014, 02:33 PM
were any of you guys at the ice cream cruise? I saw several g8's there.

I sold mine awhile back but just got another one. it is stock for now.

glanzergtx
09-15-2014, 07:19 AM
were any of you guys at the ice cream cruise? I saw several g8's there.

I sold mine awhile back but just got another one. it is stock for now.

Yeah i was there.

Doomraven
09-27-2014, 05:52 AM
I was there too. Had to park in the grass though.

diggerzmound
09-16-2015, 01:21 PM
I've seen one in St. Paul, a couple in Omaha, a few on the interstate, there are 3 in Custer county now, One in Scottsbluff, one in Lincoln, a couple in Grand Island, and I saw 4 in one day in Kearney from a window in St Francis. One of them was Ignition Orange, I've seen the least of these. I've had mine for 5 years and I'm always on the lookout, mine has been all over Nebraska, drove it to Glacier National Park, New Orleans, and Key West..