PDA

View Full Version : Drivetrain Questions?

zosoboogie
07-26-2009, 06:59 AM
So I going to install a few more thing on the G8 that are missing like sway bars and torque converter among others however other that the torque converter I have not touched the drive train.

What would be the benefits of these two products and or are there any better or recommendations? Has anyone replaced them and what did they use?

I was thinking of these two:

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IR&Product_Code=G8-DSS-AXL&Category_Code=G8_Suspension

http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IR&Product_Code=G8-DSS-1PDS&Category_Code=G8_Transmission

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Arthur-

Although we carry upgraded driveshafts and axles, we have not seen a need for them yet. I can't think of an instance where the factory G8 parts have failed. We replace those parts in the GTO's all of the time because their factory parts are weaker. The G8 parts are much stronger.

If you want to upgrade them, just in case, we can.

G8GT721
07-26-2009, 08:55 AM
You already have the Pedder Track package, so you should have upgraded sway bars.

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-26-2009, 01:59 PM
You already have the Pedder Track package, so you should have upgraded sway bars.

He has the Street II, which does not come with sway bars.

Mike P
07-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Arthur-

Although we carry upgraded driveshafts and axles, we have not seen a need for them yet. I can't think of an instance where the factory G8 parts have failed. We replace those parts in the GTO's all of the time because their factory parts are weaker. The G8 parts are much stronger.

If you want to upgrade them, just in case, we can.

How much is the upgraded drive shaft? (You can PM if you would like)...

I'm on driveshaft #2 because of wheel hop. I didn't know they made upgraded ones, gotta link too?

GeorgeInNePa
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
how much is the upgraded drive shaft? (you can pm if you would like)...

I'm on driveshaft #2 because of wheel hop. I didn't know they made upgraded ones, gotta link too?

$1000

PS
It's the second link in zoso's post above.

zosoboogie
07-26-2009, 03:17 PM
How much is the upgraded drive shaft? (You can PM if you would like)...

Your drive shafts have been breaking? How much horsepower do you have? Do you know why?

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Mike P,

You should really take care of that wheel hop first. Even if you get a HD driveshaft, if you still have that wheel hop, you will have issues. Shoot me a PM, or give me a call and we can take care of that wheel hop issue, its really not that involved.

zosoboogie
07-27-2009, 04:03 AM
weirdly enough I fixed the wheel hop by adding a 35lb custom sub in the trunk but a bag of sand would work jk about the sand

zosoboogie
07-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Here is another question: Which one of the two are more important to replace or help performance?

Mike P
07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
here is another question: Which one of the two are more important to replace or help performance?

+1

Mike P
07-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Mike P,

You should really take care of that wheel hop first. Even if you get a HD driveshaft, if you still have that wheel hop, you will have issues. Shoot me a PM, or give me a call and we can take care of that wheel hop issue, its really not that involved.

I will do that, I'm going to shoot you a PM right now....

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Here is another question: Which one of the two are more important to replace or help performance?

Normally, replacing the driveshaft with a lighter unit will help free up some hp. But we havent seen enough data to see if the G8 unit is good. People had a ton of problems with converting to a single driveshaft in the GTO's.

The axles will not free up any hp, but they will make your rear end pretty stout.

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I will do that, I'm going to shoot you a PM right now....

Replied!

Thanks!

Mike P
07-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you.... :)