PDA

View Full Version : Vector TUne

edmanet
09-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I ordered my tune...there is a two week wait for the flash express.
So a couple of questions.

Can AMF be turned off with the tune ?? And if so about how much would the MPGs drop ??? I had a GTO so I wouldn't care if it only got 20mpg on the hwy.

If the AMF was turned off would most of the dreaded drone go away ???

SRG963
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I ordered my tune...there is a two week wait for the flash express.
So a couple of questions.

Can AMF be turned off with the tune ?? And if so about how much would the MPGs drop ??? I had a GTO so I wouldn't care if it only got 20mpg on the hwy.

If the AMF was turned off would most of the dreaded drone go away ???

They will drop about 3 MPG and you'll have to tell Vector exactly what you want.

Drone is from adding aftermarket exhaust. Not sure about the AFM relationship and the tone.

jnak
09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I think a lot of the drone issues happen when you're in 4 cylinder mode. Someone with an aftermarket exhaust can probably chime in here.

EcoBrick Bob
09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
The "Drone" is more like a low frequency vibration due to the 4 cylinder sound.
I have SF's magnaflow axlebacks, an h-pipe and have also removed the insulating cover over the intake manifold. Have CAI and VMS full Flash tune.

Today on 300 mi trip with much wind, got 25.5 going and 24.0 overall while averaging 75 on hwy. DOD not on very often. Mileage noticeably drops when over 70. Still... am very pleased with these numbers. 7500 mi on G8.

RRM

-Ray-
09-20-2008, 03:15 AM
I think a lot of the drone issues happen when you're in 4 cylinder mode. Someone with an aftermarket exhaust can probably chime in here.

Drone is a by product of changing resonance. I have "custom" Magnaflow axle back mufflers that I and a friend built in his shop. My drone is considerable but doesn't over power my radio. :)
You can actually hear the pressure build and release as it fluxuates.
AFM simply changes the tone, and noise level. When I am on the interstate and go under an overpass, I can feel the vibration of AFM.