PDA

View Full Version : Playing with snakes

TheTugBoat
07-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Had a couple run in's with a some cobras the past few days. Was out on a drive a little bit ago and saw an 03-04 cobra rip up an on ramp so I decided to see if he wanted to play. Caught up to him a mile down the highway and he immediately knew what was up.

Slowed to around 50 mph, perfect for me in 2nd at ~4k rpm, he honked and we hit it. To the top of second he put me on his rear bumper and by the end of third, ~110mph, he had me by between 2 and 3 cars. Thing was nasty loud and obviously not stock. Gave him a friendly honk and point as he was exiting and he did the same.

So, yesterday I was out getting gas and a '98 or similar model cobra pulled up to the light next to the station just as I was finishing. He started revving and I was immediately interested to find out what kind of supercharger he had. Jumped in my car and caught up to him at light with a skittle full of teenagers right behind me. He had heavy tint and I guess wasn't looking at me cause I was trying to get his attention to no avail. When he started creeping forward as the light changed on the cross-street I figured he was gonna go for it, right in front of the police station. I was gonna ask him to go to another street but... Light changed green and we kinda just rolled to around 10mph and then he hit it, as did I. At the 1-2 shift I had about a fender which quickly turned into him at my back bumper by the end of 2nd and held it there till we shut down at around 80. Ended up pulling over and talking with him about the cars. Said he had just bought it and the clutch needs replacing and it was a procharger at an unknown amount of boost. He owns an exhaust shop and said he does inspections which he's not picky about, sah-weet.