PDA

View Full Version : Steps To Eliminate AC Funk

SRG963
07-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Step One: Turn car on with AC in recycle mode on full blast.

Step Two: Spray LYSOLŪ NEUTRA AIRŪ Sanitizing Spray Aerosols in your flavor into the foot wells in the front of the car for 15 seconds on each side.

Step Three: Turn car off leaving everything set as is.

Step Four: Let car sit for 15-30 min.

Mike P
07-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks for this. Mine doesn't smell too bad, but I alway like a good smelling car.....

:)

dllb
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I got those little air fresheners that you are supposed to clip in your vent and put them in the vents on the doorjam. When you close the door you can't see them, easy to replace.

TomPierce
07-25-2009, 02:05 AM
I got those little air fresheners that you are supposed to clip in your vent and put them in the vents on the doorjam. When you close the door you can't see them, easy to replace.

Cool idea! I use the clip-ons as wsell, but I never thought of putting them there.

todds87ss
07-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Hate the smell of fresheners. Lysol smell seems temporary and kills the mold/fungus, instead of masking smells. Also, before hitting the recycle mode, spray some in the outside air intake in front of the windshield.
Are those Bach, or Chopan Minuets...just need to know which CD to order...:rofl:

99-LS1-SS
07-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Hate the smell of fresheners. Lysol smell seems temporary and kills the mold/fungus, instead of masking smells. Also, before hitting the recycle mode, spray some in the outside air intake in front of the windshield.
Are those Bach, or Chopan Minuets...just need to know which CD to order...:rofl:

Me too and lol at the CD's.

kjac081
07-30-2009, 06:55 AM
i take a dryer sheet and shove it under the dash near the air intake. smells like clean cloths for a long time :)

GRRRR8
07-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Here is a tip: If the a/c has been on for a long period and is sweating a lot, turn a/c off and blower on high with temp at say 75 so it will help dry out the box and avoid mildew. I have been doing this for years and my cars always smell new. :)

SRG963
07-30-2009, 07:50 AM

I was wondering how long it would take someone to point that out, rofl

crazygreek89
11-27-2009, 03:32 PM
New Car Smell spray from Chemical Guys always works for me! :)

Kermit
11-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Like Charlie said, I always just run the blower for about a minute with the A/C turned off before getting out to let everything dry up to prevent mold from forming in the first place.

BigRed585Lbs
12-29-2009, 07:54 AM
She's always gonna stink as long as her pants are wet.