PDA

View Full Version : G8 takes down a 535I

Tempest2000
07-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I know it wasn't a fair fight, but the 40 something was taunting me with hand gestures through his sunroof LOL

I tried to scare him off by stepping on it enough to let him know it wasn't stock, but that didn't phase him.

We started from an 80 roll I was in 3rd turning a little over 4k the sweet spot for my cam.

He actually stayed within a car length up to about 90 and then 100 on up to 125. I pulled away about 4 more car lengths before we had to lift. (traffic was pretty heavy...) I pulled off the next ramp and he stepped on it again to most likely run away from the shame of getting beat by a pontiac LOL

I really was looking hard at a 335i when I bought my g8. I still like those cars they handle awesome from the factory... Test drove one, but I plan on keeping the car for awhile and the long term maintenance costs of owning a bmw swayed me to the G8 plus its roomier.

Punisher
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I know it wasn't a fair fight, but the 40 something was taunting me with hand gestures through his sunroof LOL

I tried to scare him off by stepping on it enough to let him know it wasn't stock, but that didn't phase him.

We started from an 80 roll I was in 3rd turning a little over 4k the sweet spot for my cam.

He actually stayed within a car length up to about 90 and then 100 on up to 125. I pulled away about 4 more car lengths before we had to lift. (traffic was pretty heavy...) I pulled off the next ramp and he stepped on it again to most likely run away from the shame of getting beat by a pontiac LOL

I really was looking hard at a 335i when I bought my g8. I still like those cars they handle awesome from the factory... Test drove one, but I plan on keeping the car for awhile and the long term maintenance costs of owning a bmw swayed me to the G8 plus its roomier.

Pontiac G8 GT= $30K, BMW 535i= $60K.....beating a car that cost twice as much as yours= Priceless!:D...Nice kill!

catalina421
07-23-2009, 10:36 PM

He ran with his tail between his legs but im sure his friends heard a different story. I am partial to them also I know next to nothing about them but have gotten an appreciative nod from a driver of one.

09gtt
07-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I was also looking at the 335 but for 20000 less I got the g8...that's a great kill just putting a chip in that car can get 100 hp. I ran a 335 with a Vishnu chip and exhaust and he beat me by a car. Then I got the converter and beat him by about 2 cars. Any BMW kill is a great kill in my book.

grandmacpubah
07-24-2009, 07:11 AM
so was it a 535 or 335? either way good kill but the 335i would have been more fun. :)

Tempest2000
07-24-2009, 09:34 AM
It was a 535i that I ran, but I was stating when I was buying my g8 I was also looking at the 335i which has the same engine as the 535i... Just trying to say I'm not a hater of bmw's I like them just not the price tag.

I've ran a modded 335i that he said was pushing 400hp with the dinan tune and it was a lot faster than stock 335i's, but I still beat him on the top end. My car pulls really hard to right around 150 with the cam in 4th before I have to shift. Usually on the modded 335i's we are close when I'm in 3rd, but I start to pull away in 4th once we get above the 120-130 mark. I always make sure now its about an 80 roll in 3rd :)

01350ta
07-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Good kill, nothing better than killing of a smart ass, no matter what there driving.

Tempest2000
07-25-2009, 09:39 AM
I rarely am the one looking for a race just not my style, but a LOT of people seem to want to race my car it happens at least twice a week if not more usually a ricer with a coffee can noise maker which isn't usually worth my time to post or waste gas on, but I usually embarass them when taunted.

not sure if its the fact I have chrome rims on it or the exhaust or just the G8 GT in general.

Tempest2000
07-26-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm in nashville TN there are rusted out redneck trucks with louder exhausts than mine LOL

I have hillbillys in 4x4 trucks that want to race me I guess its a location thing.