PDA

View Full Version : M5

Ktlplxm
07-21-2009, 01:17 PM
If anyone in this area (charlotte, nc) knows of a silver M5 with MPRESSVE as a vanity plate, please let me know. lol I was getting on 77 from 485, moved to the far left lane when the BMW comes flying up on me before passing at the last second. Didn't car much till I saw the M5 badge, then it becomes a matter of principle. I quickly knock it in sport, and go over after him. Problem #1...he will not stay in a lane. He begins cutting in and out of traffic through holes he guesses I won't or can't make it through...wrong. 7 lane changes later he takes the Carowinds exit and gets in the left lane for it as well, then at the right befor the light cuts all the across to make the left.. I slow down, get behind a vette, and take the turn. I finally get beside of him, we have over a 1/4 mile open ahead of us, he points ahead, then makes a hard left turn!!! The guy was either tired of running or scared of the straight away. I hate people getting away without a clear winner!!! lol If someone knows him, let me know so I can get some closure hahaha Oh, and if he can't pull any harder than that on the "big end", closure will be sweeeeettttt

p71
07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
You are faster than a M5. Hell I am faster than an M5.

jrc1122
07-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Ooooh I miss Carowinds... I grew up in NC and went to Carowinds numerous times. One of my favorite amuesment parks.

'02 ws6
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
On my way to my civil service test I played with a covertible M5, but no actual "racing". More like spirited driving in/out of traffic.

p71
07-21-2009, 09:12 PM
No such thing as an M5 convertible... unless I missed something.

Punisher
07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe a M6?

99-LS1-SS
07-22-2009, 06:54 AM
I would REALLY like to see the look on his face if you ever do line up. LOL!!

'02 ws6
07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Maybe a M6?

Yea it was an M6, my mistake.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

ChicagoG8GT
07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDeDkKjQg0

johnbell2
07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I would REALLY like to see the look on his face if you ever do line up. LOL!!

No kidding. That's $110k plus of German iron you'd be taking out.

I did my part here a couple months ago and took out a 650i convertible that parked next to me at work all the time. Key word is "parked", he doesn't do that anymore. Don't know why, I was civil about it and told him he had a nice ride etc. - typical BMW driver, too much ego. Was stock at the time. Next on my list is that M3 I see in the lot all the time. That will be tougher, I have some work to do - Superchips won't cut it.

Ktlplxm
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I think I may have found him again last night!!! I never gave him a chance to get in front to verify the plates, but it was a silver M5, driven very aggressively. I figure there cannot be that many of these guys out at 230 am. Whether it was him or another, it did go well for him. I'm cruising at 75, he comes right up on my bumper (keep in mind I'm not in the far left lane so he could have just drivin around, i guess he was attempting intimidation), so I part throttle it to kick it down a gear or so, he whips out to the left, I floor it, and walk away. After dropping back to speed again he tries the same maneuver ,again, but it ends the same way... At least now he had an opportunity to read my plates and can find me if he's like another try lol

R.Penguin
08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
If anyone in this area (charlotte, nc) knows of a silver M5 with MPRESSVE as a vanity plate, please let me know. lol I was getting on 77 from 485, moved to the far left lane when the BMW comes flying up on me before passing at the last second. Didn't car much till I saw the M5 badge, then it becomes a matter of principle. I quickly knock it in sport, and go over after him. Problem #1...he will not stay in a lane. He begins cutting in and out of traffic through holes he guesses I won't or can't make it through...wrong. 7 lane changes later he takes the Carowinds exit and gets in the left lane for it as well, then at the right befor the light cuts all the across to make the left.. I slow down, get behind a vette, and take the turn. I finally get beside of him, we have over a 1/4 mile open ahead of us, he points ahead, then makes a hard left turn!!! The guy was either tired of running or scared of the straight away. I hate people getting away without a clear winner!!! lol If someone knows him, let me know so I can get some closure hahaha Oh, and if he can't pull any harder than that on the "big end", closure will be sweeeeettttt
I don't know how you guys get away with that stuff. I used to live in Hickory Grove and had a '65 GTO.

Around here, about 15 seconds of that would result in 4-5 calls to 911 by other motorists and you would end up parking it on the shoulder and leaving in the back of a white Crown Vic limo with the pretty steel bracelets on.

I'm jealous, dammit! :(

Ktlplxm
08-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Hickory Grove, SC? as in SharonHIckoryGroveSmyrna?