PDA

View Full Version : Call out!

WARLOCK
07-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Buddy of mine has one of those Shelby special edition Gt350 07 Mustangs. Called me this afternoon at 4:00. I answer the phone to "Hey bitch. Why don't you bring that raggidy Pontiac to the track with us" SIGH...
Me "dude.. fixin to leave for work. you guys suck."
Not even sure who all was going but usually its a good group from town drives over to our nearest 1/4. (its an hour drive)
So here i am at work, typing to u guys to bitch. I got called out but cant play

GRRRR8
07-19-2009, 07:06 PM
That sux! Been in the same position many times. Our day will come. :)

BigRob
07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
That sux! Been in the same position many times. Our day will come. :)

lol, i dont think too many people would be calling you out, charlie!

'02 ws6
07-19-2009, 09:08 PM
That sucks! I played with a local Shelby GT350 (former co-worker), they're mostly looks, with a little bit of go. The one I raced had a CAI, ORX, and Flowcrappers lowerd and on 20s. I pulled him on a dig and it was over almost as quick as it began. From a roll I was pulling @ top of 2nd going into third, put maybe 1-1.5 cars on him. Stang seemed to "neigh" faster than it galloped.

GRRRR8
07-20-2009, 04:43 AM
lol, i dont think too many people would be calling you out, charlie!

True. :) More of being called to go to the track and see what it will do.

Greed4Speed
07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
They're not anything special. I watched a couple that at least had aftermarket exhausts on them run mid 9s in the 1/8th when I was running low 9's in the TBSS.

Gotta suck to see a stock SUV run quicker than your "pony car."

jrc1122
07-20-2009, 11:57 AM
If this is the "Shelby GT"

It should be close, but you will likey edge him out

I raced a Shelby GT in the 1/8 mile and won (when I was in my WS6)

I think I won by about a car or two.

(It wasn't a timed track, it was a town sponsored flashlight drag race event that had 1/8 mile blocked off and sensors that tripped to indicate winner.

blackbirdws6
07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
True. :) More of being called to go to the track and see what it will do.

I'm heading to Englishtown this Wednesday if the weather holds....you down or gonna chump up? :secret::nah:

I couldn't resist....

GRRRR8
07-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm heading to Englishtown this Wednesday if the weather holds....you down or gonna chump up? :secret::nah:

I couldn't resist....

LOL! I think I am gonna chump up........FOR NOW!

LastMohican
07-21-2009, 12:01 PM
If this is the "Shelby GT"

It should be close, but you will likey edge him out

I raced a Shelby GT in the 1/8 mile and won (when I was in my WS6)

I think I won by about a car or two.

(It wasn't a timed track, it was a town sponsored flashlight drag race event that had 1/8 mile blocked off and sensors that tripped to indicate winner.
I had an 07 Shelby GT that I got rid of in November. Made a bunch of passes at both Baytown and LMP. I can give you chapter and verse: If it's a manual tranny and he's on stock tires he WILL have trouble hooking; GUARANTEED, and that provides your opportunity. If he's on DR's he'll be tough to beat. If the car launches it's a mid to low 13 second car.