PDA

View Full Version : Killed a C5

thecowboy
07-19-2009, 03:14 PM
So I was riding out to a new Sonic near me and was just cruising on the highway when a I see a car moving up on me pretty quick. I didn't see any other cars and debated getting on it when he got closer, but my dad in the passenger seat knew what I was thinking and told me not to. Next thing I know this Silver C5 convertible goes flying by doing close to 100, he had at least exhaust. And then as luck would have it, he hit the next red light and I was able to get next to him before it changed. I don't think he knew what G8's were capable of because he didn't give me the time of day. I revved a little to let him know this wasn't any little V6 and he revved back, laughing with his girlfriend. I told my dad to chill and when the light turned we both launched. I don't know if he punched it out of the hole or what, but I got the jump and just kept on pulling from there. By about 70 I had a car length on him and then I let off. I waved to him, but didn't get anything in return, oh well, I guess I embarrassed him in front of his girl.

Mike P
07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
So I was riding out to a new Sonic near me and was just cruising on the highway when a I see a car moving up on me pretty quick. I didn't see any other cars and debated getting on it when he got closer, but my dad in the passenger seat knew what I was thinking and told me not to. Next thing I know this Silver C5 convertible goes flying by doing close to 100, he had at least exhaust. And then as luck would have it, he hit the next red light and I was able to get next to him before it changed. I don't think he knew what G8's were capable of because he didn't give me the time of day. I revved a little to let him know this wasn't any little V6 and he revved back, laughing with his girlfriend. I told my dad to chill and when the light turned we both launched. I don't know if he punched it out of the hole or what, but I got the jump and just kept on pulling from there. By about 70 I had a car length on him and then I let off. I waved to him, but didn't get anything in return, oh well, I guess I embarrassed him in front of his girl.

Aren't Corvettes fun to beat?! :)

Great kill with some comedy in it too.... :)

BigRob
07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
lol, good kill. what did your dad say afterwards?

01350ta
07-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Good kill.

The Commodore
07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Good kill. Even if the car is "supposed" to be faster than your car. You won. I beat an IS-F last week at the track, I ran a 13.3 versus his 13.9.

My dad was in my car once and we pulled up next to a Charger R/T cop at a red. My dad asked if I could run one down. I said yeah but....seriously.

p71
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Those things have a terrible 0-60 and quarter mile but will get you on top end.
Was not aware that there was a convertible version.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Chicago2002/C5/C5Banking35DegreesLeftFrom11oClock.jpg

*WEG*

shaunfin24
07-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Sweet kill my dad has a all stock 03 automatic vette and he thinks hes hot shit. He wont even race me bc he dosent think my car will even match his. little does he know that ill get him one day when he mans up