PDA

View Full Version : Me vs. 4th gen F body Camaro

johnbell2
07-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Ran across this guy while shaking things out to make sure my new spare tire and jack kit were solidly in place (another story). Anyway, heading north on MoPac towards Slaughter from 1826 (Austin TX)... there's a pretty sharp S curve before you hit Slaughter. Red Camaro was in front of me going into the curve, then he dives into the lower median and punches it. I keep my line but the tail gets out on me a little as I hit the go pedal (thank you Stabilitrak). I stay on his tail with no change in distance to speak of. He slows down and so do I, still behind him, then he punches again and so do I. This time I start to reel him in just a teeny bit but then we both have to lay off as he has someone in front of him. I get a wave from him as he makes the last left before Slaughter, wave back and give him thumbs up as I go by.

Pretty sweet ride he had, could tell it had at least a little work done to it... chrome diff cover w/ cooling fins and two exhaust dumps on either side of it. You could tell when he punched it from the noise and smoke, it had some roar to it. I have a Superchips 93 tune but am otherwise stock. Overall if we had a chance for a better side-by-side run I'd say it would have been a decent race. Definitely had him outhandled in the curves though if the downshift hadn't caught me by surprise (still getting used to the tune).

No blood no foul, we both had our heads on pretty straight and knew when to lay off. I really should find a track, though.