PDA

View Full Version : great mustang kill

grandmacpubah
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
So I take my friend out to go get some lunch. He's a huge BMW fan has had several and has one now. He knows how much I like the G8, but was still pretty prejudice against it. So after lunch I take him on some back roads open it up for him and he's really impressed with the power of the car and handling. We both agree the interior is pretty cheesy but how can you complain for 28K and that much fun.

So I pull over and and tell him he can drive it...(he's an excellent driver, probably better than me to be honest so I trust him)

He's going nuts with it on some nice twisty backroads grinning ear to ear, now he's really impressed with the car.

We decide to head back to his place and we pull on to the highway and we're at a light right behind a 98 yellow mustang GT...with at least an exhaust. (yes there are stoplights on WA highways)

The guy in the mustang has a passenger too and he turns around with a big ole grin like get ready to be destroyed.

Light turns green the mustang floors it...my friend floors it about a second later and is on his tail so quick he has to hit the brakes, pulls into the left lane and floors it again and as we're passing the mustang we both look over and wave nicely like "have a nice day" LOL...ended up with well over 8 car lengths before he shut it down.

So we pull right back off the highway with the mustang following us, we're at the stoplight the mustang goes to the right, stops and pulls a bunch of doughnuts right in the road lol. We give him a thumbs up for the quality of the doughnuts and he gives a thumbs up and pulls back on the highway.

My friend can't stop grinning and laughing and hooting and hollering lol it was awesome. He just loves the car now he had the time of his life...his hands were shaking lmao

It's just crazy how we're sitting in a 4dr car with golf clubs in the back 15 bottles of wine we had just bought two americano's in the cupholders, a passenger and just paste a mustang...I love this car lol. :auto:

*FWIW everywhere the car was opened up, including the race did not put anyone in danger except us who were racing. I made it clear to my friend no crazy driving on city streets, resi streets or anywhere with the potential for someone to pop on the road.*

01350ta
07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Good kill, nothing better than killing tangs.