PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac G8 Does Well In JD Power 90 Day Owners Survey

Seattle09GT
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
The Pontiac G8 came in second place in the JD Power 90 Day Ownership Survey. This isn't the initial quality survey but a 90 point survey of satisfaction, reason for buying, overall happiness. Think of it as the "X" factor of why someone bought a car.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0907/gallery.2009_jdpower_apeal/11.html

The G8 was bested only by the redesigned Nissan Maxima.

The whole survey is rather interesting. Basically "quirky" cars came out on top in almost every category. I would suspect the quirky cars do better because the buyers are going to be more passionate about them. Maybe that makes the whole thing bullshit. It's another feather in the G8's cap, I'll take it.

'02 ws6
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Interesting...good read though. I'm with you though, any good publicity for the now defunct G8, I'll take!

Chewy
07-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Give me the 9 month one please! Let's see how it does.

grandmacpubah
07-17-2009, 07:03 AM
Give me the 9 month one please! Let's see how it does.

kill joy :lalala:

Jem
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Wow, that's an impressive ranking. Especially knowing how the G8 compares to a Maxima performance-wise.

younona
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
The Pontiac G8 GXP was build with the best parts from the GM parts bin;
The car that AARON ROBINSON was comparing with the luxury performance sedan from Dingolfing, Germany back in 2001 was the Holden CommodoreHSV GTS R 300. Think Cadillac Catera body on top of an LS1 Corvette power train and whatever other special parts that GM had ad their disposal. At the end of the article, the BMW squeezed ahead thanks only to fit and finish, but the fun to drive award went to the Holden. This was even more astounding because the special edition HSV was selling for only a fraction of the pride of the M lineup.

johnbell2
08-12-2009, 05:34 AM
My parents recently bought the new Maxima. It's a nice car but not for me. The seats in particular resulted in "no sale", G8 seats are much more comfortable *and* hold you better under maneuver.

The CVT in the Maxima doesn't feel "right" to me, either. And no points for FWD. Plus the Maxima costs more. Pretty easy choice IMHO.

Panzer Leader
08-12-2009, 05:05 PM
After moding the suspension I really like the G8. However, they did not ask me my views on the car. For what I paid for the car and the costs of the suspension upgrades I feel that it is a pretty good bargin. HOWEVER, to be realistic the BS from GM through the dealerships is poor. Face it, everytime I see those Customer Satisfaction banners in the service bays I want to puke. All JD powers has to do is read the threads on this site and then tell me the truth. In fact, go to any site for any car and see what the customers really think. I do not put much stock in the reviews of anyone but the drivers themselves. Not Road and Wreck, not Car and Dribble, not the Speed Channel not anyone but the owners themselves.

bobyoung
08-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I think those new Maximas are fugly 6 banger, FWD, burners of rice, Can't understand why anyone would rather have one of those than a real car which of course is an American posi traction rear wheel drive V8 powered car that flies.

Panzer Leader
08-14-2009, 04:20 AM
I think those new Maximas are fugly 6 banger, FWD, burners of rice, Can't understand why anyone would rather have one of those than a real car which of course is an American posi traction rear wheel drive V8 powered car that flies.
I agree completely. Why pay the cost for a Honda 4 cylinder when you could get the G8 6 cylinder with RWD. Bigger car and better handling. The Maxima does not compare with the G8. Sure its got more gadgets but to me that adds nothing to the driving experience. But to be honest, the reliability factor and build quality are the ricer offsets.

third_shift|studios
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Check out this thread I made a while back:

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=2165