PDA

View Full Version : cat delete pipe??

13 QTR
09-17-2008, 05:36 PM
anyone make one that you can just drop the cats and bolt the pipes in place??

Just ordered a vms tune and had the downstream O2's turned off. Thinking of getting the jba shorty headers then putting a cat delete pipe in. I want it to bolt right up,so if I have to take it in for warranty..I can put the cats back in and also put the stock ecm back in.

I gonna leave the stock mid section alone..I also have exhaust cutouts sitting here just waiting.

I did a search but found nothing...thanks....

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
No such animal yet Bro. JBA shorties are a waste of $$ too. It is posted on more then 1 site about little to no gains. Why not do long tubes? You will get the power you want and your whole stock system is untouched. Use your stock muffs too.

13 QTR
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
No such animal yet Bro. JBA shorties are a waste of $$ too. It is posted on more then 1 site about little to no gains. Why not do long tubes? You will get the power you want and your whole stock system is untouched. Use your stock muffs too.

I considered that..but all the pics/info I saw on LT's,was that they wouldn't bolt up to the stock middle muffler. Had to get their x-pipe...I want to leave the stock mid section alone...just put cutouts right in front of the mid muffler.

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
For the power levels you want get LTs

G8Smitty
09-17-2008, 06:33 PM
So the LT's bolt up to the stock system by removing the stock exhaust manifold with the cats? If so, do you know if it is a difficult exchange?

The axblebacks couln't be easier.

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
LTs you take off everything but the muffs. The whole undercar exhaust can be off in 10 min. The manifolds and cats remove as an assembly. Well worth it, and like I said it can be out back to stock with no cutting or welding.

G8Smitty
09-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Okay, I would still need to purchase the middle pipes with the LT's then.

I thought it'd be nice if I was going to autoX or drag that I could swap the LT with the exhaust manifold and cats and put them back (if they bolted to the stock system just behind the cats). Not to mention the LT's are not too expensive by themselves. Adding the other piece adds too much to the price for me. I'll wait for another option or another car, whichever comes first.

Thanks Charlie.

GPDAN
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
if you go with the jba longtubes, you can keep your stock exhaust set up. the only problem will be you having to run catless or to but some high flow cats

G8Smitty
09-18-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm sorry if it feels like I'm asking the same question multiple times, but it would be an expensive mistake if I don't get it right.

I could go buy just the headers and run them with the existing stock setup. They would replace the storck exhaust manifold and cats and bolt up just underneath the firewall? So it would be something that I could swap for takeing to the track? Is all of that correct?

The the ARH and JHP LT's do this?

Thanks!