PDA

View Full Version : guage install

smitty67
07-16-2009, 06:53 AM
have any of you guys looked into installing guages into a G8 GT that doesn't have any factory guages , what i'm after, is there any wiring in place to make this a plug&play install or what will be required any advice would be greatly appreciated

solty
07-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Depends what gauges you are talking about.....if you do the GTPprix/Sellers Atari triple gauges, then you have a plug and play situation. Anything else may require you to install sensors and/or splicing into wires......

Dr. Dana Miller
07-16-2009, 06:10 PM
have any of you guys looked into installing guages into a G8 GT that doesn't have any factory guages , what i'm after, is there any wiring in place to make this a plug&play install or what will be required any advice would be greatly appreciated

The HSV triple gauge/binnacle set up is mostly a plug-and-play if you use the gauges that come with the kit, but, if you change the gauges as I did, you will have to install sensors and rewire them completely.

Oldtimer
10-31-2009, 07:08 AM
Late to the dance here, but I have a 2009 G8 GT, and have found a set of guages (I think that's what it is, the seller calls it the "Info Center Screen). The pictures show a pig-tail with a connector. Is this "plug and play"?

Thanks!

Fatdaddy
10-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Late to the dance here, but I have a 2009 G8 GT, and have found a set of guages (I think that's what it is, the seller calls it the "Info Center Screen). The pictures show a pig-tail with a connector. Is this "plug and play"?

Thanks!

Yup, its PnP.

GTPprix
10-31-2009, 04:48 PM

Thanks!

They need to be programmed/VIN match to operate properly otherwise they will have some issues a dealer wont be able to pinpoint.

616 of 933
10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
i am going with dual Aeroforce scan gauges that connect to the OBDII port and a PLX wideband AFR

Oldtimer
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
They need to be programmed/VIN match to operate properly otherwise they will have some issues a dealer wont be able to pinpoint.

If I have a dealer install the EOM set, will they be able to do that?

Thanks!

GTPprix
11-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Not on a 2009 no.