PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing Story...

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
This is not a story of me street racing. It's more of what happens when something goes wrong when you street race and hopefully will be a bit of a wake up call to those who tend to street race frequently.
When I was 11 years old, me and family were coming home from the beach. When we were loading the car up with our beach chairs and everything, we saw a guy in a lambo drive by which of corse got everyone's attention. The guys looks at us as he speeds off. We finish packing up and cleaning up and hope in the car to go home. On hour way home, we hit complete traffic. Bumper to bumper, nobody moving on a street that is ALWAYS flowing. We are all like, what happened? About sitting in the car not moving for over an hour, we finally start moving again. As we drive by, we see pieces of blue car and silver car all over the street along with a fence about 30 feet away from the street which was part of a bus parking center completely taken down. We were like "oh wow looks like a terrible accident." When we got home, we turned on the T.V and sure enough, there was the street we just came from on the news. It turns out 2 guys decided to drag race on that street, one guy in a blue corvette, the other in an silver Lambo, the same guy we saw leaving the beach. It turns they decided to race from a light. The guy in the lambo lost control of his car, swirved into oncoming traffic and hit a man driving a volvo, just going about his life. The guy in the corvette got scared and distracted and went FLYING literally into that fence that was about 30 feet away. The man driving the lambo was killed along with his girlfriend in the car. The guy in the volvo that he hit was also killed, and his wife in grave condition which i believe was pronounced dead the next day. The guy in volvo was absolutely maimed. Dashboard and steering wheel went into his stomach, his feet and legs were still perched on the ground and his upper body went into the windshield. This was an innocent man. A man with a father, mother, a child, aunt's uncle's cousins and friends that all loved him and they all lost him due to this. So so far we have 3 dead, 1 in grave condition who is pronounced dead the next day, and as for the guy in the corvette, he survives with serious injuries. As it turns out, this guy in the corvette lives 2 blocks away from me. The reason i know this is because he just recently got out of jail. This happened when i was 11. I am now 18 years old, soon to turn 19 and he just now got out of jail. The man and the girl in the lambo, dead, the innocent man and his wife in the volvo, dead, and the guy and his wife in the vette is scared and ruined the rest of his life, all why? Because they decided to race from one light, to the next, swirving in and out of traffic. All it takes is seconds to instantly ruin your life and the lives of others. Ask yourself, is it worth it?
This is why i don't street race aside from the risk of getting tickets and loosing my license or damaging my car. I know i can't stop everyone from street racing but I ask you to please be careful and THINK before you act. The decision you make just may affect the rest of your life along with other peoples lives.

PostalCherokee
09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
This is why people that don't know there car or know how to race shouldn't be racing on public roads. I don't promote street racing but I'm not gonna lie and say I wouldn't be tempted some time but only on a open road. I'm not gonna weave in and out of traffic to try and race someone. Anyone with a car they intend to drive aggressively should take it out on back roads or the track and learn your car, and how to drive it.