PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension clank...

r33pwrd
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Sounds like my right rear suspension is going to fall out ever time I go over a bump in the road... I remeber someone saying something about finding a stripped bolt?? (G8 Ray I did a search and cannot find it :) )

Anyone else have this issue?

-Ray-
07-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Somebody has to be first. :)

Chewy
07-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Check to make sure your sway bar end links are tight first. Then check all other bolts and nuts.

Not to be mean but I am glad I am not the only one with issues...

G8GT594
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Seems like as you have more miles on this car the more you realize that the suspension is shit.

r33pwrd
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Seems like as you guys more miles on this car the more you realize that the suspension is shit.

I have a wopping 5K miles on mine :(

r33pwrd
07-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Check to make sure your sway bar end links are tight first. Then check all other bolts and nuts.

Not to be mean but I am glad I am not the only one with issues...

I will try and get it on the lift this weekend... I may just drop it off at the dealer but hate to leave t whit them if it something as dumb as a loose end link or something.

Not taken as mean at all! My car has a number of things that are annoying the shit out of me! the main one is it sounds like I have a leaf in the vent (when AC is on full I want to hit the dash with a sledge hammer!)

East TX muscle cars
07-15-2009, 09:31 AM
just double check that all the bolts and sus parts are tight!

r33pwrd
07-15-2009, 10:36 AM
just double check that all the bolts and sus parts are tight!

I will. but to be honest it sound like the strut is slamming into its mounting spot (if that makes sense) so i think its more than a loose bolt.

Chewy
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
the main one is it sounds like I have a leaf in the vent (when AC is on full I want to hit the dash with a sledge hammer!)

LOL I have that too... I just need to take it all apart and find the rogue sticker or tape that's making that noise. It's in the center vents.

I have 50 feet of Raammat coming so I will have the whole interior torn apart.