PDA

View Full Version : Like Hitting a Hornet's Nest with a Baseball Bat...

LastMohican
07-12-2009, 07:06 AM
One of the ways I like to "enjoy" my car (started this with the Shelby GT) is to roll out on Saturday night and go prowling. For those of you familiar with Houston and the car scene, most know that there was a long time Saturday night meet and Hwy 6 & Westheimer. This meet was ostensibly shut down by the location ownership and the cops. As I posted last week, I cruised this area last weekend and found the "displaced" version of this old meet in a strip center parking lot across Hwy 6 right where Westheimer turns into 1093. There were just a few cars and I stopped and had a nice conversation with a new Camaro SS owner. Stayed about 15 minutes and left.

I went back last night. HOLY CATS. This thing was frickin' huge! Dominated by the Fast & Furious crowd with a few domestics. Well, I'm not going to get out and socialize; I'd look like the frickin' chaperone-these are kids and I'm an "old man". But I did decide to "slow roll" the lot a couple of times and, boy, did I get the intended result. Every time I rolled out on 1093 I would secure the company of a veritable SWARM of boosted imports. We'd hit the flat, straight part of 1093 and LET IT HAPPEN. Now; let me start by saying that I did not have the participation of the strongest meet participants; there were a couple of Cobras and several of the "Skittles" (SRT-4's with big turbos and race-gas tunes) but, in the end I spent about 45 minutes swatting hornets. For everything that did roll out, I literally abused: 240SX, Several Eclipses, Civics; everyone of them boosted. The funny part was that every time I circled back by the meet a few more would come out for the party while others, who had had enough, turned back into the meet. I COULD HAVE KEPT THIS UP FOR HOURS. But, exercising restraint, made a few passes and then shut it down.

So the end result: MULTIPLE FAST & FURIOUS KILLS (10+)

I am not going to make a habit of this but it was a fun one-time event!

Defeater
07-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Represent!

:headbang:

01350ta
07-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Great kills, sounds like you had plenty of rice for dinner.

fiveoh
07-12-2009, 09:52 AM
One of the ways I like to "enjoy" my car (started this with the Shelby GT) is to roll out on Saturday night and go prowling. For those of you familiar with Houston and the car scene, most know that there was a long time Saturday night meet and Hwy 6 & Westheimer. This meet was ostensibly shut down by the location ownership and the cops. As I posted last week, I cruised this area last weekend and found the "displaced" version of this old meet in a strip center parking lot across Hwy 6 right where Westheimer turns into 1093. There were just a few cars and I stopped and had a nice conversation with a new Camaro SS owner. Stayed about 15 minutes and left.

I went back last night. HOLY CATS. This thing was frickin' huge! Dominated by the Fast & Furious crowd with a few domestics. Well, I'm not going to get out and socialize; I'd look like the frickin' chaperone-these are kids and I'm an "old man". But I did decide to "slow roll" the lot a couple of times and, boy, did I get the intended result. Every time I rolled out on 1093 I would secure the company of a veritable SWARM of boosted imports. We'd hit the flat, straight part of 1093 and LET IT HAPPEN. Now; let me start by saying that I did not have the participation of the strongest meet participants; there were a couple of Cobras and several of the "Skittles" (SRT-4's with big turbos and race-gas tunes) but, in the end I spent about 45 minutes swatting hornets. For everything that did roll out, I literally abused: 240SX, Several Eclipses, Civics; everyone of them boosted. The funny part was that every time I circled back by the meet a few more would come out for the party while others, who had had enough, turned back into the meet. I COULD HAVE KEPT THIS UP FOR HOURS. But, exercising restraint, made a few passes and then shut it down.

Nice! Shoot me a pm next time your gonna go cruise, I wouldnt mind eating some rice. There are a few other spots in town that usually have less heat then Westheimer.

Mike P
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Awesome kills & story!

I want in on the action! Sounds like fun....... :)

G8 GT V8
07-13-2009, 08:30 AM
LastMohican - Awesome info...is your car modded?

LastMohican
07-13-2009, 08:35 AM
LastMohican - Awesome info...is your car modded?

Only Pypes Violator Axleback. Superchips Cortex next then an intake.

Eventually want do full exhaust and maybe a cam.

austin
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM
x2 on the heat in that area watch it there the cops are sneaky around that area they sit on the side streets and wait for you to come flying by
that said if you and fiveoh get together count me in as well im always game for a little late night rice

got em coach
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Lol 2 of my friends got arrested over there on the same night. Haven't been back since. Next time yall go let me know. I will get a few friends to go as well. I leave for iraq on sept 10th
BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

LastMohican
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Got Em, What up, what up, what up!

Yeah we need to collectively roll into that meet as a "wolf pack" one night just to shake things up. Even if we decide we don't won't to run anybody (and go to jail).

Got Em, Austin-LMP has "Jackpot Racing" this Saturday night.

First-what the heck is Jackpot Racing?

Second-you cats goin'?

got em coach
07-14-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure yet. I still haven't had a tcm tune done yet. Pretty much same mods and I think its suppose to rain this weekend isn't it? But if it doesn't I might head out for a few fun runs since its free for me lol

fiveoh
07-14-2009, 06:10 PM

Yeah we need to collectively roll into that meet as a "wolf pack" one night just to shake things up. Even if we decide we don't won't to run anybody (and go to jail).

Second-you cats goin'?

Jackpot racing is basically the test and tune night except they have some kind of jackpot thing where you can win your money you paid to get in back. I'm pretty sure its an ongoing thing for the whole night, like whoever runs the fastest time or something.

Punisher
07-14-2009, 10:19 PM

Second-you cats goin'?

Yes defenitely!...I would say lets do it on the 25th since we'll be right down HWY 6 and the meet will probably be over at 9 to 10...but I think I remember you saying that day is ur wifes b-day....well whenever I'm down...I've been there before (twice) and I was the only G8...but I did get noticed (somebody yelled look a G8!) but no bitters that night...but yea the "wolf pack" thing would def be cool

LastMohican
07-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Yes defenitely!...I would say lets do it on the 25th since we'll be right down HWY 6 and the meet will probably be over at 9 to 10...but I think I remember you saying that day is ur wifes b-day....well whenever I'm down...I've been there before (twice) and I was the only G8...but I did get noticed (somebody yelled look a G8!) but no bitters that night...but yea the "wolf pack" thing would def be cool

Yeah, I'm out the weekend of the 25th: My wife's BD is on the 25th and my son's is on the 26th.

Let's do the "Wolfpack" this weekend and make a "bold statement" to the Fast & Furious crowd.

The sooner the better because I can guarantee you this thing is going to get shut down.

Who's down? Got Em? Five O? If it rains; then it's off, which is a strong possibility. If so, we can do it August 1st.

Let me know.

Signed,

Your Daddy

fiveoh
07-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Im in for sure. This Sat at what time?

:Wolf WOLF::spank:

got em coach
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
im in! lol i still need the tcm tune though :(

fiveoh
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
im in! lol i still need the tcm tune though :(

Did you talk to Icon about doing it still or where you going to try to get it elsewhere?

Purf
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM

As the old commercial would say "Rice-a-Roni, the G8 GT treat!"

Punisher
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Im down...where do we want to meet at and at what time?

LastMohican
07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Im down...where do we want to meet at and at what time?

You're coming up from Mo City and several of us are in Katy. My first suggestion is:

9:30. Meet in the Kroger Parking lot at Mason & Westheimer in Katy. Then it's just an easy roll down Westheimer Pkwy to the meet.

Guys, everybody needs to realize that I have no idea if the meet will still be the same size; my inclination is that it will be (If the weather holds) but who knows.

I wish someone could tell me who owns the car I saw this morning at Lifetime Fitness: PBM G8 GT, Pypes Violators, Holden V8 badging. That was a nice car and this cat should definitely be going with us.

This is a cool deal: Everyone please stand for "The Westside Wolfpack"!:headbang:

We need at least 5 cars to make the "proper" impression but more would even be better!

fiveoh
07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
You're coming up from Mo City and several of us are in Katy. My first suggestion is:

9:30. Meet in the Kroger Parking lot at Mason & Westheimer in Katy. Then it's just an easy roll down Westheimer Pkwy to the meet.

Guys, everybody needs to realize that I have no idea if the meet will still be the same size; my inclination is that it will be (If the weather holds) but who knows.

I wish someone could tell me who owns the car I saw this morning at Lifetime Fitness: PBM G8 GT, Pypes Violators, Holden V8 badging. That was a nice car and this cat should definitely be going with us.

This is a cool deal: Everyone please stand for "The Westside Wolfpack"!:headbang:

We need at least 5 cars to make the "proper" impression but more would even be better!

Thats the one with blockbuster in the same center right? I'll be there Sat at 9:30(hopefully the weather is good).

LastMohican
07-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Thats the one with blockbuster in the same center right? I'll be there Sat at 9:30(hopefully the weather is good).

That's it. Blockbuster is on the Westheimer end of the strip center. A Starbuck's is next to it.

Punisher
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
sounds good....i'll be there...the 2 times I was there the parking lot was packed so as long as the weather holds up it should be the same

GRRRR8
07-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I am interested, I just dont know my schedule do to recent events. I have been real sick for 4 days as well and still havent quite kicked it.

Punisher
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I am interested, I just dont know my schedule do to recent events. I have been real sick for 4 days as well and still havent quite kicked it.

how awesome would it be to have ITBFST there parked next to all the other G8's! Sweet!
Get well!

LastMohican
07-15-2009, 01:41 PM

Feel better!

avintegrator
07-15-2009, 03:54 PM
You guys have all of the fun! I can't even hardly find another G8 in town! I did see a nice blue one the other morning and gave him a wave and kinda got a WTF look!
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

got em coach
07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I leave for iraq on the 10th of september so I'm just going to wait until I get the cam and headers to. Get the tune done. And icon is unresponsive. But I might get the vector tcm for now too idk
Did you talk to Icon about doing it still or where you going to try to get it elsewhere?

LastMohican
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
You guys have all of the fun! I can't even hardly find another G8 in town! I did see a nice blue one the other morning and gave him a wave and kinda got a WTF look!
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)

I did the exact same thing except (and the car was also a Stryker Blue GT) but instead of just waving I caught up with him at a light and FORCED him to talk to me. It was his wife's car!

got em coach
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Hope you start feeling better charlie. Hope to see you out there

blackoutgt
07-15-2009, 08:08 PM
There is a slight possibility that I'll be there. It really depends on how busy I am this weekend.

austin
07-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Im in for sure those guys are always there or in the burlington parking lot on the other side of hwy 6

LastMohican
07-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Im in for sure those guys are always there or in the burlington parking lot on the other side of hwy 6

They won't be back at Burlington. If the try;"cuffed and stuffed". Ownership has had it!

austin
07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
well they will be around somewhere i have never been down there and found no one when the weather is good if they get run off the will just move on down the road
something came up on Sat. around 7 pm im hoping i will get done in time to meet up with yall

Punisher
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
well they will be around somewhere i have never been down there and found no one when the weather is good if they get run off the will just move on down the road
something came up on Sat. around 7 pm im hoping i will get done in time to meet up with yall

The last couple of times that I have been down there all the cars are in the parking lot between Conn's and Taco Cabana right on the corner of Westheimer and HWY 6

got em coach
07-16-2009, 04:38 PM
My friend with a gto is coming with me if that's cool with everyone

GRRRR8
07-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Looking like rain, but there is still quite a few hours left to see what happens. So exactly where is everyone meeting and if I am understanding correctly, from the meet spot to LMR?

LastMohican
07-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Looking like rain, but there is still quite a few hours left to see what happens. So exactly where is everyone meeting and if I am understanding correctly, from the meet spot to LMR?

Charlie, we are meeting in the strip center of Westheimer & Mason in Katy (Kroger's, Blockbuster, Starbucks, etc.) at 9:30 and then roll to the regular Hwy 6 meet; what I call the Fast & Furious Meet coz of all the rice.

Guys, when you get there go directly to the area on the east side of McDonalds.

I'll make sure I'm there right at 9:30.

Charlie-I'm stoked that you're comin'. I'm dying to see your car.

"RICE-It's what's for dinner!"

LastMohican
07-16-2009, 06:19 PM
My friend with a gto is coming with me if that's cool with everyone

You bet! A Holden is a Holden!

Is it a 5.7 or a 6.0?

LastMohican
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM

I hope you make it. I'll PM you with my cell so you can call and see where we're at!

GRRRR8
07-16-2009, 06:22 PM
So we are not going to the track, just putting all mere mortals in there place. :)

got em coach
07-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Just a 5.7 really mild cam headers, stall I think he stillhas 410 gears in it idk lol.cya there unless its raining

Punisher
07-16-2009, 09:23 PM
So we are not going to the track, just putting all mere mortals in there place. :)

mere mortals! LOL....:hang:

'02 ws6
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM

You just wanna find the "big dick" in the crowd and shut 'em up don't ya Charlie! Man I wish stuff like this happened in my neck of the woods. Nothing would make for a nice night with a bunch of G8s stalking out in a straight line!:secret:

If all this happens, someone be sure to take a camera and/or camcorder and snap/record some of the sights and actions. I wanna see some carnage!

austin
07-16-2009, 10:16 PM
sounds fun i hope i can make it in time if not i will catch up with yall

fiveoh
07-17-2009, 04:06 AM
You just wanna find the "big dick" in the crowd and shut 'em up don't ya Charlie! Man I wish stuff like this happened in my neck of the woods. Nothing would make for a nice night with a bunch of G8s stalking out in a straight line!:secret:

If all this happens, someone be sure to take a camera and/or camcorder and snap/record some of the sights and actions. I wanna see some carnage!

I'm going to try and take some phone vids... not the best quality but we'll see. There is a 60% chance of rain so it probably wont happen. :(

Pitbull Performance
07-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Nothing like fried rice for dinner LOL

LastMohican
07-17-2009, 04:44 AM
I plan on taking both my vid and static camera and will post both loop and some pics.

fiveoh is correct. The rain could very easily wreck this deal. If it does then we can always try again sometime in August.

LastMohican
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Right now, it looks like the Wolfpack will be:

GRRRR8
LastMohican
Got Em Coach
fiveoh
Punisher
Austin(maybe)

If we can pull this off, that's 6 cars-a respectable wolfpack! This will be a blast!

I just checked accuweather (the hour-by-hour forecast) and we may be OK; we'll see.

I know Coach and have to talked to Charlie on the phone a couple of times. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you cats!

WESTSIDE WOLFPACK REPRESENT!

got em coach
07-17-2009, 05:09 PM
If all else fails we can all just meet up for drinks lol

LastMohican
07-17-2009, 07:40 PM
If all else fails we can all just meet up for drinks lol

"A Plan without a Plan B is not a Plan!"

got em coach
07-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Lol its a fail safe. Everything has a fail safe!

Punisher
07-17-2009, 08:29 PM
:cheers:....sounds good

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Sprinkling over here. Not looking good. I'm going to eat at Olive Garden at west oaks(Right by hwy 6 and Westheimer) at 7 so I'll update on the weather over there.

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Sprinkling over here. Not looking good. I'm going to eat at Olive Garden at west oaks(Right by hwy 6 and Westheimer) at 7 so I'll update on the weather over there.

It's spotty. Maybe as the heat dissapates it will quiet down. We'll see?
BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
It's spotty. Maybe as the heat dissapates it will quiet down. We'll see?
I will check conditions at 8:30 and, through a reply to this thread will say whether I'm in or out. If you can, the rest of you cats do the same.

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Cats:

I got home and looked at radar: it's a single band of weather moving from the NE to the SW. It should be passed us by about 7:30 meaning there should be a couple of hours to dry out. I'll hit everybody up about 9:00. Let's all check in then if we can.

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
It's pretty wet over here at 6 and westheimer. It poured while I was in olive garden. I'm going to a buddys for a few drinks. I doubt this will be dry tonight but someone pm me their number if u guys meet up and I'll meet up later if it dries up

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Radars now shows the entire system well past I-10 and that gives the area another hour and a half to dry before we get over there. I think we should still roll? Anybody else?

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Radars now shows the entire system well past I-10 and that gives the area another hour and a half to dry before we get over there. I think we should still roll? Anybody else?

It rained in Cinco West too and the streets here are almost completely dry!

Punisher
07-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Are you gonna be at the original location mentioned?

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
It's 9:05!

Who' in?

Punisher
07-18-2009, 06:15 PM
It's 9:05!

Who' in?

I'm in....I'm gonna be alittle late...just about to leave the house

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm here. Parked just east of McDonald's along Westheimer.

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Pm me your number I'll be out at 1030

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Nevermind I just drove down 6 and westheimer to wet for my blood only 2 cars at burlington

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 06:44 PM
They can't go to burlington anymore. They're on the other side of 6 down westheimer next to the shell station.

WickedMom
07-18-2009, 06:45 PM
this is exciting to read!!
God I love the internetz!

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Mom:

I'm starting to feel like the rain has killed us!

Punisher
07-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm here. Parked just east of McDonald's along Westheimer.

I'm on my way

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm on my way
Word!

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 07:12 PM
On the way back

fiveoh
07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Good to meet you guys. Had a good time, we should do it again for sure.

LastMohican
07-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Same here...

You cats have fun next weekend. I'll definitely try and make the next one.

In between now and then; if anything kicks ups-let me know.

Punisher
07-18-2009, 11:17 PM
It was def cool to meet you guys...LastMohican see ya at the next one...fiveoh, I think I have good footage of the 2nd run...my camera died as soon as the run ended but I'll check it out tomorrow....

fiveoh
07-19-2009, 03:29 AM
It was def cool to meet you guys...LastMohican see ya at the next one...fiveoh, I think I have good footage of the 2nd run...my camera died as soon as the run ended but I'll check it out tomorrow....

That would be cool! As long as you got me pulling on him at the end. :)

austin
07-19-2009, 09:06 AM
well hell i guess i should have checked on here last night i figured yall weren't going after the rain we had
sounds like yall had a good time though
so who's up for next weekend ??

Punisher
07-19-2009, 09:15 AM
well hell i guess i should have checked on here last night i figured yall weren't going after the rain we had
sounds like yall had a good time though
so who's up for next weekend ??

Well we have the meet at Frank n Steins. I say we should check the spot out again after the meet is over with which should be around 9ish

austin
07-19-2009, 09:25 AM
yea im an idiot i just read the post for the g8 meet next Sat. so yea meet there and roll out to the spot after the meet

Punisher
07-19-2009, 09:49 AM
sounds good!

blackoutgt
07-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd be down for that. Sounds like y'all had fun, sorry I missed it, but it sounds like there will be plenty of stories this Sat. Cant wait!

got em coach
07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Well we have the meet at Frank n Steins. I say we should check the spot out again after the meet is over with which should be around 9ish
sounds good, looks like good weather for Saturday at this point lol

LastMohican
07-19-2009, 01:07 PM
There's now a chance I may make it back from San Antonio in time to hook up with you cats; if not the meet itself then hook with with all you cats after you roll in to The Fast & Furious Meet.

Grandpa likes to have fun, too, ya know!

got em coach
07-19-2009, 11:22 PM
did anyone else race anyone?

LastMohican
07-20-2009, 04:22 AM

I didn't...

Punisher
07-20-2009, 10:17 AM

Nope me neiter...I just tailed fiveoh when he ran that mustang

fiveoh
07-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Nope me neiter...I just tailed fiveoh when he ran that mustang

I was wondering if you ran anyone. I saw you go the same direction as them when I turned off to go toward the park.

LastMohican: That guy with the explorer said he wants to run you. Appearntly hes spraying.(his buddy asked him if he was going to spray on you when he said he wanted to run you)

LastMohican
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I'll run him. Wished I had my frickin' tune!

Punisher
07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I was wondering if you ran anyone. I saw you go the same direction as them when I turned off to go toward the park.

LastMohican: That guy with the explorer said he wants to run you. Appearntly hes spraying.(his buddy asked him if he was going to spray on you when he said he wanted to run you)

I new it!...He said it was pretty quick but I wasn't believing him when he said all he had was a CAI and exhaust...b/s....but nah I had a chance to run him but he and the explore turned into some other parking lot and when I pased the original spot a lot of cars had already left...so just left...there's always this saturday...hopefully no rain