PDA

View Full Version : Pypes Axle backs

sdown
07-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Ordered my Pypes on Monday and they arrived on Wednesday. Got them through LMP. I'll do a seperate review of them once I get some shipping issues worked out.

The product is great. Solid design with quality welds. Took me about 30 minutes to install them. They look fantastic and the oval double walled tips really work well with the rear diffuser (stock GT).

Sound: at idle is a nice V8 rumble. At WOT it's a howl. I love it.

LastMohican
07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I like mine. I just think compared $600 (Kooks) to over $1,000 (Corsa) for other axlebacks, I think these were a bargain ($280)

I just needed to save money on this component so I can use those dollars for other mods. If I had $500 more I could burn, I would have bought the Borlas.

So, bottom line; Pypes Violator Axleback: Thumbs Up

TrUcKeR
07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
These are what I intend to get. ;)

Gris
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Ordered my Pypes on Monday and they arrived on Wednesday. Got them through LMP. I'll do a seperate review of them once I get some shipping issues worked out.

The product is great. Solid design with quality welds. Took me about 30 minutes to install them. They look fantastic and the oval double walled tips really work well with the rear diffuser (stock GT).

Sound: at idle is a nice V8 rumble. At WOT it's a howl. I love it.

Hey, good - so, no drone then right? I'm interested in these too, how were the shipping charges to Canada?

sdown
07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
No drone....with AFM turned off.

$30 to ship to Canada plus broker fees of $80

Gris
07-13-2009, 04:29 PM
No drone....with AFM turned off.

$30 to ship to Canada plus broker fees of $80

Darn, wanted to retain the AFM w/o drone & Corsa's too much $.

Executor999
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Which ones did you get? Violators? Oh wait, I found out in your signature. :)

'02 ws6
07-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Sound clip or they aren't really on there! :)

LastMohican
07-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Hey, good - so, no drone then right? I'm interested in these too, how were the shipping charges to Canada?

There is drone at hwy speeds around 2,000 rpm and when the AFM kicks on you get a "sub-woofer", bottom out sound.

But, as I've stated before, I view this as the price you pay for a performance axleback; it's inevitable.

There are Corsa/Borla guys that swear that get no drone anywhere in the RPM range but I believe this would simply boil down to a completely subjective argument; one man's drone is another man's "normal exhaust note".

My bottom line: if your primary consideration is interior noise, stick with stock boxes! If you want the car to have a "performance" V-8 throat, these Violators are well made and a comparative bargain!