PDA

View Full Version : Could have turned out very badly...

MissNaySimon
07-11-2009, 07:34 AM
So, went out to the strip last night for the first time in about two months. It was 82 damn degrees outside, but I was still pulling 13.11. Did break into the 1.9 60' with all that heat, which was nice.

For those of you who have tracks that exit on the left - you are probably well aware that left lane has the right of way to exit. Our strip has two - one for slow cars, one for cars that just can't stop in time. I take the second. For this pass, I was in the left lane. Anyways, I ran against this NHRA licensed Camaro [me, 13.1 - him 10.8]. He started slowing down, most likely so I could pass him [I was still going 85] and take the second exit. I blink, and look to my right and MOTHERFUCKER WAS HEADED FOR THE FIRST EXIT BEFORE I EVEN GOT PASSED IT. I swear by the handling on these cars now. I swerved out of the way [yeah, still going 80] and he missed me by less than 10 feet. This is the only incident I've EVER had at the track. When I got back to the pit, Brandon[Bobthemonkee] came over and asked me what was wrong. I told him the story, and then ran off to throw up. Brandon went over and talked to him while I walked off to talk to my track buddies that do the tech check in. I asked them who was in the wrong - even if he beat me across the line by 2 seconds. They said that if he was going to kick Brandon shit they would remove him and he'd forfeit his cash for the weekend. Luckily for him, he apologized to Brandon, but never came up and said anything to me. What a dick!

I ran against another 10 second car later that evening, but he slowed all the way down and let me exit first. I'm glad to see that SOMEONE still knows common courtesy and rules of the strip..

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/nayheartsmustangs/nayhelmetg8.jpg

norm8332
07-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Glad it worked out and you didn't hit the jerk.

R.Penguin
07-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Wow! Picked the WRONG driver to fuck with! :p

@%^**&^%#$#^%$&*^#$#@!!!!!!!!! I need to look up the schedule on that Bremerton track! I just gotta make a 1/4 mile run in the penguinmobile before I die. :p

:hang: