PDA

View Full Version : Pedders ST. II 1st Impressions

Panzer Leader
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Street II with new sway bars. Unbelievable!!!! More to follow. I want to go drive it! Will give further info LATER!!!!!!:woohoo:

beach
07-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Cool;) I always highly recommend it (in any form, a few pieces or all of them) to everyone.

Very good changes, and can't wait to read more of your review. Especially even because, on mine, I'm still missing the proper Pedders dampers and the stiff Pedders drop springs+stock dampers temporarily (well, almost 2 months now) are at odds with one another at times.

-Ray-
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I didn't think you would like it. LOL

grandmacpubah
07-10-2009, 08:04 PM

+1 lol

Panzer Leader
07-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Was very apprehensive. But will give you my thoughts. Vast improvement as a controlled/stable ride but not harsh , alignment is better, handling/steering is precise. Overall car is well planted and connected on the road and is extremelly flat in the turns. Even though I got the OEM Height, car did lower about 1/2 inch. Most if not all of the previous sounds emitting from the suspension are gone. The Strut Tower Brace is on Back Order but I agree that it may not be needed, but is part of the package, so what the hell. Now mulling whether to add the BMR Subframe braces. At this point very satisfied with both the system and installation. On the way home on the Interstate, I look at the Speedometer and was at 90MPH, it felt as though I was doing 45. I can only guess what the XAs would have be like. Hopefully will take car to DC within next 10 days. Long road trip will be a good test.

GeorgeInNePa
07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Was very apprehensive. But will give you my thoughts. Vast improvement as a controlled/stable ride but not harsh , alignment is better, handling/steering is precise. Overall car is well planted and connected on the road and is extremelly flat in the turns. Even though I got the OEM Height, car did lower about 1/2 inch. Most if not all of the previous sounds emitting from the suspension are gone. The Strut Tower Brace is on Back Order but I agree that it may not be needed, but is part of the package, so what the hell. Now mulling whether to add the BMR Subframe braces. At this point very satisfied with both the system and installation. On the way home on the Interstate, I look at the Speedometer and was at 90MPH, it felt as though I was doing 45. I can only guess what the XAs would have be like. Hopefully will take car to DC within next 10 days. Long road trip will be a good test.

I just did the Xa install, they're great.

I can't wait to do the sway bars now.

Panzer Leader
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Per Mike at Pedders we set the front sway bar to firm and the rear at medium setting.

Panzer Leader
07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
OK short twisty two lane backroad report. Car took the rough roads well, very well. Steering wheel to road surface was noticable but welcomed, Car tracks the roads very well. 75 degree bends in the roads were easly taken at 50/55 mph. 45 degree bends were at 65 mph. Car completely stable. Could have easily gone higher but still getting the feel. Only once did I think that the back felt like it wanted to break loose. More to folow.

beach
07-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Sounds great;)

Anxiously awaiting my dampers, it's always nice to read another review. I'm also sans Pedders sway bars but likely it's the next upgrade as on top of the cornering help from the Pedders drop springs, I want more and flatter. Then again, I've also driven it 2 months post install without having it re-aligned, so that too should help. This really should resolve issues you had previously, alignment and otherwise.

The fancy red parts = awesome.

Panzer Leader
07-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey Beach, update! Just got back in from New Orleans, via the 24 mile Causeway Toll (Will never be paid off) Bridge. Going to New Orleans on the Southbound side was somewhat rough due to the bridge surface, especially over expansion joints. Coming home, going north bound bridge, ride was no problem. Yes alignment is pretty damn close. On the city streets in New Orleans, it was like the outback of Australia. Streets are in poor shape (Now where did that recovery money go?) NOW THE IMPORTANT STUFF, With the steering wheel turned hard to left, got a large popping sound from right front. Car had been sitting for about 2 hours. Has not happened again. Will let Dealer know Monday. Suspect that this could be a bad front tower strut bearing. (See other Street II thread with video) Or does the car have a lower right control arm? If so that could be a possible explanation. Pedders is aware of problem. Overall the package is well worth the money.