PDA

View Full Version : Help Charlie !!

GXPaycheck
09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Just heading out on a road trip this morning and the CHECK OIL warning pops up on the DIC. Oil is ok and pressure is normal.
Any ideas??

SRG963
09-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Just heading out on a road trip this morning and the CHECK OIL warning pops up on the DIC. Oil is ok and pressure is normal.
Any ideas??

I'm not Charlie, but....
What are your current miles and when's the last time you changed your oil? Stupid question, did you reset the oil meter by pressing the gas 3 times?

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 06:32 AM
I know of 2 G8s that had bad oil level sensors. Turn key off and see if it returns. Make sure your oil life monitor is not at 0%

GXPaycheck
09-17-2008, 06:35 AM
stopped by dealer a d was told oil was low. Looked fine when I checked it this morning. Looked the same after servicing.
Oh well, late but on the road!!

GXPaycheck
09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Just rolled in to Columbus. Almost missed managers reception at the embassy suites (free beer!). When I first checked the oil it looked full. I cycles the ignition and warning stayed on. After dealer serviced oil the dipstick looked the same to me.
Pardon the spelling errors. I'm still trying to figure out this silly iPhone!

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not Charlie, but....
What are your current miles and when's the last time you changed your oil? Stupid question, did you reset the oil meter by pressing the gas 3 times?

Wait, how exactly do you reset the oil meter? I got an oil change but the meter wasn't reset so it says like 60 something percent oil life remaining when I just got the oil change.

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Scroll to it and hold down the reset(push on scroll knob)

GXPaycheck
09-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Wait, how exactly do you reset the oil meter? I got an oil change but the meter wasn't reset so it says like 60 something percent oil life remaining when I just got the oil change.

Procedure is in the owners manual.

Chewy
09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I think you grab the drivers side visor with the left hand and whilst pumping the gas pedal you flip the visor one way to the other.(up and down) You do that for 15 seconds then get out of the car and open and close the passenger door 4 times. Now get in the car and pump the gas pedal with ignition on 3 times from off to full on.

That should do it for ya!

:cd::angeldevil:

SRG963
09-18-2008, 06:42 AM

Turn the key to on, but don't start the car. With in the first 5 seconds from when you turn the key, press the gas to the floor 3 times.

SRG963
09-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I think you grab the drivers side visor with the left hand and whilst pumping the gas pedal you flip the visor one way to the other.(up and down) You do that for 15 seconds then get out of the car and open and close the passenger door 4 times. Now get in the car and pump the gas pedal with ignition on 3 times from off to full on.

ROFLMAO

Watch out for the :poof:

GXPaycheck
09-18-2008, 07:06 AM

And dont forget to squint or you will have to do it allover again!

GTPprix
09-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Actually its volume up volume up volume down volume down turn the wheel left right left right brake gas start :)

wreckwriter
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Turn the key to on, but don't start the car. With in the first 5 seconds from when you turn the key, press the gas to the floor 3 times.

This is the real answer in case anyone was wondering.

GRRRR8
09-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I can do it both ways I believe. I know I accidentally reset it through the DIC when I first got the car. The 3 gas pedal pumps has been for years on most GMs

SRG963
09-18-2008, 09:48 AM
up down, up down, left right, left right, b, a, select, start.

gets you extra HP right?

G8GTlawride
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Procedure is in the owners manual.

Not that one. Charlie's explanation comes from the Engineering Mode which is not even mentioned in the book.

DrivenVA
09-19-2008, 02:50 AM
up down, up down, left right, left right, b, a, select, start.

gets you extra HP right?

I thought that procedure just gave you unlimited G8s in case you wreck yours.

SRG963
09-19-2008, 03:10 AM
I thought that procedure just gave you unlimited G8s in case you wreck yours.

Oh Yeah, your right!

It's been a long time LOL

caretaker
09-20-2008, 05:30 AM
I like 4gasem's procedure better.
Sounds like the reset procedure you had to
do on older Chryslers after you dis/reconnected
the battery.

:repair: