PDA

View Full Version : My new suspension noise...

Chewy
07-10-2009, 06:36 AM
:hang:

vnC2_a2QnF8

You can actually see the spring get loaded torsionaly(sp?) and then release. I've been in touch with my installer and they are MORE than happy to help me resolve it. Unfortunately it means me driving 6 hours to get it resolved and it may need parts which then means 12 hours of driving because I'll have to go back.:hang:

Chris,
Regreting the suspension change.

SRG963
07-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Damn, you do have some creeks and moans don't you.

Did your installer have an idea of the problem?

-Ray-
07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I have zero suspension noise with my Pedders Street II.

EcoBrick Bob
07-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Chris....

Every time I start thinking of serious mods... suspension, tranny, engine, ..... posts like this remind me to STOP! (Not to mention Wendy's threats!)

Know you will get it worked out... but not without lots of frustrations...

Rob - the: "NEW Professional Fender Roller"

Chewy
07-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I just got off the phone with them. They think after hearing it that the strut bushing has some how failed... Not sure but they want to get the parts in and then have me come up. It's really the only way I will as I can't afford to be driving 12 hours for this.

Hey Rob, I hear ya! This is the reason I didn't put headers and a cam in it. I wanted it as reliable as possible. Pedders had such a large following of happy customers that I thought I couldn't go wrong. The fact is that this is the only pedders issue I have had. The last noise was a sway bar end link that came loose.

Chris

Panzer Leader
07-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I thouht it sounded pretty cool, not to mention actually seeing it. Yes, like a ship on the Ocean. I have confidence that Pedders will resolve the issue. Mine gets finished today?????

jnak
07-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Not sure if you change the strut mounts/bushings or not, but mine is stock and makes a similar noise.

Slizzo
07-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Not sure if you change the strut mounts/bushings or not, but mine is stock and makes a similar noise.

Yup, I'm in that boat now, except on the drivers side, also get some rattling when going over bumps and minor road imperfections while at low speeds.

Jaysin
07-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Is it making that noise with the load off the wheel? The video is real dark for me, so it's hard to tell.

Do you hear it during normal driving?

Chewy
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
It is all aftermarket Pedders up there now. I hear it when turning lock to lock. In a parking lot, or pulling out of the drive way.

I just wanted to share my issue with all of you. In case someone else has something similar.

Panzer Leader
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks picking mine up this afternoon. Don't worry they will isolate and fix. Other than the noise how is the ride? I guess thats like asking Mrs Lincoln, "Other than the gunshot how did you enjoy the play"?

Chewy
07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
The ride is OK. A bit rough but that's to be expected with 19" wheels and stiffer springs and shocks. It's OK though.

Handles amazingly well even with stock bars on it.

GeorgeInNePa
07-10-2009, 03:41 PM
lol

You need a louder exhaust...

Problem solved!

z51l9889
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
The creaking is most likely coming from the strut bearing. My guess is that the upper spring seat is not located properly on the bearing or that the bearing is not seated completely in the mount. Another possibility is that during re-assembly the technician got grease on the mating surfaces and the spring seat is moving relative to the lower race of the bearing (or the upper race of the bearing is moving relative to the mount).

Have the shop inspect the bearing carefully and replace it if you have any concerns at all that it is damaged. Also, have them make sure that all the bearing and mount to body mating surfaces are clean prior to re-assembly.

beach
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I have zero suspension noise with my Pedders Street II.

Same here, with mine. Never had any noises stock except for the creaky-squeaky strut bushings/bearings when below freezing, and after my Pedders and 1500+ miles, it is 100% silent and feels great. I've actually started listening closely lately for any tick, rattle, etc. with so many people stock or modded having rattle/clunk issues and bad bits up front, but knock on wood, not a thing.

4GASEM - Awful. More than anything, that sounds like the noise from the top of my struts, all OE, with a bit more creaky spring sound mixed in. Weird.

Panzer Leader
07-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Noticed that last night I had the steering wheel turned hard to left and I heard a large "popping" noise came from the right front. Any ideas?

z51l9889
07-12-2009, 05:57 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much if you recently had the parts installed. It can take some miles for all the new parts to "settle in". Part of that can be weird noises, and they usually seem to happen at full steering lock or when the suspension is at its travel limits. This is because the loading is much different on the parts in these conditions compared to normal driving. I would wait a few weeks to see if the noise goes away before tearing it apart again.

Panzer Leader
07-12-2009, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much if you recently had the parts installed. It can take some miles for all the new parts to "settle in". Part of that can be weird noises, and they usually seem to happen at full steering lock or when the suspension is at its travel limits. This is because the loading is much different on the parts in these conditions compared to normal driving. I would wait a few weeks to see if the noise goes away before tearing it apart again.

That is what I am thinking. picked up car on Friday. The car had about 200miles on it when I heard the noise. However, I checked this morning and there is a gap between top wheel well and the new Pedders front strut Bushings, apprx. 1/4" on both the right and left front struts.

gearhead455
07-12-2009, 05:26 PM
The way that top mount is moving, is not normal,something was installed wrong IMO.

Chewy
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
The way that top mount is moving, is not normal,something was installed wrong IMO.

Nah that's normal. It's just a shitty design.

Kermit
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm getting a popping sound when I drive the car up a right incline such as a driveway. I believe it my be coming from the back passenger side. It defiantly is coming from the passenger side. It seems to happen when the car is being "twisted" from front to rear.
I did look under the car and noticed that maybe two of the 4 rear mounting bolts maybe a bit loose. I only say that because I noticed that the bolt holes on the mounting "plate/bracket" seem a bit elongated. Looked on the drivers side and they too are elongated. Did not noticed this when I was installing them.
Any other ideas?

Kermit
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm getting a popping sound when I drive the car up a right incline such as a driveway. I believe it my be coming from the back passenger side. It defiantly is coming from the passenger side. It seems to happen when the car is being "twisted" from front to rear.
I did look under the car and noticed that maybe two of the 4 rear mounting bolts maybe a bit loose. I only say that because I noticed that the bolt holes on the mounting "plate/bracket" seem a bit elongated. Looked on the drivers side and they too are elongated. Did not noticed this when I was installing them.
Any other ideas?

Chewy
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Any other ideas?

Check your sway bar end links and make sure they are good and tight. I'm going to check my front one tonight I think. It sounds like I have a box of rocks stored up front on the right side. This suspension is pure SHIT IMO!

Chris

-Ray-
07-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Chris,
something wasn't installed correctly imo. In your video there is some serious strain. It can be fixed though.

Panzer Leader
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Chris, had my car checked today. The popping sound and right front rattle is gone for now. Guess the suspension settled in. Going to Washington DC next week via Ten. and Kentucky. Won't push it but was thinking of taking the Dragon's Tail if I can get there before night. Hope it works out OK for you.
Regards,
Chris

Chewy
07-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Yeah I hope I can get it fixed... Was nice to see my dad noticed straight away. No sooner did we pull out on the road and he said "WTH is that noise?" I looked at him and said... "Yup... That's a G8"

Pisses me off!

Chris

Night Train
07-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Damn. That creaking noise sounds like it is coming from a haunted house. Thanks for posting the sound. I hope that I don't get the same problem. Good luck with fixking it.

danno111909
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Yup, I'm in that boat now, except on the drivers side, also get some rattling when going over bumps and minor road imperfections while at low speeds.

thats your control arm, I know cause I just had mine fixed. Then the day I picked it up the passenger side front started to squeak. Now I have to wait for a new strut.

Chewy
07-22-2009, 05:30 AM

thats your control arm, I know cause I just had mine fixed. Then the day I picked it up the passenger side front started to squeak. Now I have to wait for a new strut.

Yeah I just ordered a lower control arm from Greg at Pace because I have the same noise.

This cars front suspension is a POS. :hang:

Slizzo
07-22-2009, 01:07 PM

Yeah, I actually had the car in for service today and that's what the Service Manager told me over the phone.

Apparently he's seen it before on quite a few G8s going through the shop, said it was 10days to two weeks for them to get the part in. Suppose I'll take it easy on the car and let the girl drive around most the time when we go out (in a 2009 Camry... Ick. :nah:)

Good luck on the car 4gasem, I know it took you so long to get one, and after all this, I just feel sorry for ya. :)

Chooch
07-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I was going to start a thread but this is exactly the noise I have from the right side front. Even my wife on a trip with the kids to Far Rockaway Queens this last weekend was like, that is the most annoying noise .... besides her nagging :)

So net is possible control arm? or is it the bushings in them? ALong wit hthe strut bushings. Want to go with info to get it fixed

Chewy
07-27-2009, 06:57 AM
My car is now sitting in my garage until I get the new part from Greg. After that I have to take it up to my installer to have the strut noise looked at. The nice thing is the horrible creak is gone but now I have a weird thud which is the spring loading torsionally and then releasing which causes the thud noise.

I decided that since to keep the car heading in a straight line I have to turn the wheel to the right that I ought not drive it. I have other cars to drive so not a biggie but it really pisses me off.

Chris
not so patiently waiting on my control arm...

Slizzo
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I was going to start a thread but this is exactly the noise I have from the right side front. Even my wife on a trip with the kids to Far Rockaway Queens this last weekend was like, that is the most annoying noise .... besides her nagging :)

So net is possible control arm? or is it the bushings in them? ALong wit hthe strut bushings. Want to go with info to get it fixed

I think most often it's the bushings in the control arms, but they usually are just swapping them outright.

Dealer should swap BOTH lowers or uppers in the case of one making noise. Mine was my lower control arm that's causing the noise (and like I said, dealer has seen a few G8s with the issue), they've ordered both left and right lower control arms. Just waiting on them coming in to get them swapped out.

Chooch
07-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I am wondering that if these are replaced, how long before it happens again, or shall I insist to them to try and install the pedders bushings... although I doubt that will happen

vert
07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Mine was making the same noise and it finally got fixed last week after the dealer had the car for 4 days. They replaced the lower control arm assembly and the part is on back order, reason being for the 4 day fix.

Slizzo
07-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I am wondering that if these are replaced, how long before it happens again, or shall I insist to them to try and install the pedders bushings... although I doubt that will happen

I dunno, not sure how much of these issues is due to being strapped down to a ship that's taking the long haul from Aussieland to our shores. I'm sure it's quite a rough ride as well.

OK, sorry for crapping on your thread 4gasem, let us know how it goes!

Chooch
07-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Ok last question, safety factor, is it just a bushing that is warped and binding or is this a bad saftey issue. I just want to be sure, rather not take a chance when I knew this was a safety issue and not a "annoyance" problem

superspud
07-28-2009, 07:23 AM
If we leave the suspension stock is it covered under any warranty? and if so for how long?

Slizzo
07-28-2009, 08:21 AM
If we leave the suspension stock is it covered under any warranty? and if so for how long?

Bumper to Bumper 3yr/36,000 mile warranty covers it.

bobyoung
07-28-2009, 10:24 AM

I had that same exact sound last year and my noise also disappeared with a new control arm. I could only notice it when it was very quiet out and going very slowly. I never noticed it in traffic.

superspud
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Bumper to Bumper 3yr/36,000 mile warranty covers it.

my suspension is staying stock for 36,000 miles then. I think after axle backs I'm done till at least then. She's fun to drive now and I still have a full warranty on everything but my exhaust and MAF sensor.

Chewy
08-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Ok all, Here's what I've got. I've got a complete Pedders strut package and several of their bushings installed. I found that I had a passenger side lower ball joint that was bad so I replaced it and got rid of a wicked shimmy at speed in the corners but the clunk still persists. What it sounds like to me is free play on top of the strut but it's SO hard to pin it down I really don't want to guess. Anyway... Here's a video of the sound as best as I could do. The camera is sitting on the seat and what sounds like normal tire noise is truly the clunk. The tires are pretty quiet actually. Sorry for the piss poor quality. I still need to get a dedicated video camera.

If you have a sub it may help to use it. Otherwise just crank it. It's a lower sound so certain speakers may not pick it up.

I WILL fix this problem! I will NOT accept failure! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp07TDKNRcU

Chris

Panzer Leader
08-19-2009, 05:03 AM
4GASEM, good luck, hope you do because you will be a hero to all of us.

08G8V8
08-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Wow. Pretty hard to miss that. So your Pedders dealer is 6 hours away from you? Sounds like you will need to put the car on a trailer to get it there. I wouldn't want to be driving that at highway speeds.

Chewy
08-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Wow. Pretty hard to miss that. So your Pedders dealer is 6 hours away from you? Sounds like you will need to put the car on a trailer to get it there. I wouldn't want to be driving that at highway speeds.

I drive to work every day on the highway because I don't hear it on the highway. THAT is what's SO weird about this...

It's 3 hours each way. :)

Chris

vert
08-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I am sure you have tried this, but is the strut nut torqued to spec? It sounds like the strut is moving up and down. My mustang made a similar noise once it was lowered and the strut nut had to be torque down more and it solved my problem.

Chewy
08-19-2009, 08:10 AM
We'll find out on the 29th. That's when I am taking it in to be looked at. I believe that since this strut basically just sits in the strut tower and nothing really holds it in that it really makes no difference but I do plan to remove the cover and inspect and then check my sway bar end link as well.

Chris

Mike P
08-19-2009, 08:30 AM
We'll find out on the 29th. That's when I am taking it in to be looked at. I believe that since this strut basically just sits in the strut tower and nothing really holds it in that it really makes no difference but I do plan to remove the cover and inspect and then check my sway bar end link as well.

Chris

August 29th? Good luck & I hope they fix the problem....

Chewy
08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Yep! Little over a week of this and hopefully we can resolve it. I'll be taking up my stock strut just in case something's broken. They have a bearing and bushing waiting on me. Pedders was coerced into sending it to them so I don't have to drive 12 hours to fix this.

-Ray-
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Chris, really sorry you've had to go through this. My G8 has just started to pop in the front end. My dealership knows. Since I won't be driving it a lot until I store it, were going to hold off on the tie rod replacements, unless tires start showing some uneven wear.
It does has a very slight pull to the right now.

Panzer Leader
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Hopefully the aftermarket parts will become available soon. Still interested in what Paul finds out on the OZ cars down under. Mine is going back next week, will have them recheck. Some dealers do not want to acknowledge the problem. Wonder if that is the guidance from GM. I really think that all these videos need to be sent to GM and the NHTSB. Perhaps tyhat will get them moving. Simple question, if the parts totally fail, does it pose a safety problem? Interesting point for GM to think about.

-Ray-
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Hopefully the aftermarket parts will become available soon. Still interested in what Paul finds out on the OZ cars down under. Mine is going back next week, will have them recheck. Some dealers do not want to acknowledge the problem. Wonder if that is the guidance from GM. I really think that all these videos need to be sent to GM and the NHTSB. Perhaps tyhat will get them moving. Simple question, if the parts totally fail, does it pose a safety problem? Interesting point for GM to think about.

It poses more of a tire wear issue. I don't think any of them have broke.

Chewy
08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok so I figured out what's making the noise on my car. This is BIG! I checked every bolt on the passenger side suspension this evening including the new ball joint. What I found was the top washer on the strut which goes between the bushing and nut is hitting the strut top lip. I have pics which I'll post tomorrow. The washer is way off to the side and not centered like it should be. You can see the shiny spot on the washer and the strut tower lip. So next weekend I'll bring it in and have the bushing and bearing replaced again. That's right!!! This is a pedders part.

08G8V8
08-19-2009, 05:17 PM
So does it look like an installation error or part failure?

Panzer Leader
08-19-2009, 06:05 PM
You may have peeled back the onion. Great news. I am posting a new thread concerning the rear suspension.

Kermit
08-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Was the hole in the washer not centered? I would think that that would be something clearly visible to the installer. Man I hope this will finally get your stuff right.

Chewy
08-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Ok guys... Here's a picture of it. The washer has the hole in the center and is designed to space the top plate off so it sits the correct distance off the strut tower. Check it out!

I KNOW this isn't right! In the second picture you can see where the paint's been rubbed off and the washer is hitting. The washer is HARD AS HELL but it's worn as well.

I think it's a failure. Remember above I posted a video of a horrible creak? Yeah... I think we have a problem Houston... :hang:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I'm just happy I found it! :)

99-LS1-SS
08-20-2009, 04:43 AM
I hope that fixes it for you Chris. I know stuff like that drives me crazy too. I won't even take my car on the highway right now because of the drive line vibration.

polo
08-20-2009, 05:14 AM
I hope that fixes it for you Chris. I know stuff like that drives me crazy too. I won't even take my car on the highway right now because of the drive line vibration.

That's great... you pay nearly $40,000 for a car and can't even drive it on the highway. Thanks a lot, GM!

Chewy
08-20-2009, 06:47 AM
This is what Pete Basica (Pedders) said about the issue. He may be right... The sound is VERY loud and a definite clunk!

"Have the Dealer pull out their chassis ears. That will make the noise identification easy and quick.

Double check the assembly and make certain the strut nuts are tight. The bias of the upper washer sitting next to the body will make a click, not a clunk. We see this occaisionally in a G8. You'll not like the sound of what I say next. Replacing the 5851 mount will not resolve the issue. Unless there is an assembly issue (loose nuts or the teeth of the mounting plate not being directly pointed toward the engine it is a slightly tweaked body / tower / mounting area. Pedders mount is a single high density rubber. The OEM mount is a dual density rubber mount. Hard rubber outside and softer rubber inside. The OEM mount will lean with less resistance for not other reason than it is softer.

That covers the click -- which I did not hear in the tape bacuase of the exhuast and I doubt you are hearing it if there is one. The clunk is from a ball joint or an endlink. One or both could be bad or loose. Please check all of this carefully, but the chassis ears will tell the story almost as fast as they can road test the vehicle."

My response:
"I thought the same. The lower ball joint was bad and I replaced it. What about the creak that started all of a sudden? Seems odd that this wasn't an issue before. The car has never been wrecked or raced at all. I personally checked every bolt and ball joint and like I said I replaced the lower control arm thinking that was the issue. It wasn't.

I guess I will find out what MM says when I bring it to them. (6 hour drive) Either way this isn't right and it WASN'T this way when I had it all installed.

Chris"

Panzer Leader
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Isn't great to buy an erector set? Thought that replacing the OEM ith the Pedders would solve most of the problems and to an extent it did. Hopefully the ball joints will be available as well. Chris, do you have the Pedders on your car?

Chewy
08-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Isn't great to buy an erector set? Thought that replacing the OEM ith the Pedders would solve most of the problems and to an extent it did. Hopefully the ball joints will be available as well. Chris, do you have the Pedders on your car?

Yes!

I think the front right strut may have been installed incorrectly. We'll see on the 29th. I have the install instructions next to me now.

Chris

-Ray-
08-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Yes!

I think the front right strut may have been installed incorrectly. We'll see on the 29th. I have the install instructions next to me now.

Chris

Maybe Mike needs to go up there and train them. Bwhahahahaha

Chewy
08-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Maybe Mike needs to go up there and train them. Bwhahahahaha

That's who I got the instructions from... I think they may need a refresher... LOL Who am I to say though. I really just want my car to be RIGHT. My installer has been VERY easy to work with and hasn't said boo about working on it. Personally I believe this still falls back on Pedders as they DID authorize them to do this work...

Chris

-Ray-
08-21-2009, 05:45 AM
It falls on the guy turning the wrenches. Always.
IMHO

Panzer Leader
08-21-2009, 01:58 PM
It falls on the guy turning the wrenches. Always.
IMHO

Ain't it the truth! But on the other side of the coin, if the parts are lousy than the tech and dealers take the heat. Mean while the owners are caught in the middle. Like the song says, "Clowns to the left of me and Jokers to the right.":boxing:

BMWHunter
08-21-2009, 04:24 PM
You guys are working the issue just the way I have been looking for someone to dive into this from DAY ONE!!! CONGRATS!! I will pass this info along to my Pedders installer. However, after I had the Struts installed during the Track II installation, I had NO noise in the front end. It was only a week later that I had the LCA bushing installed due to part availability, that I had the noise in the front end. To make clear, it was ONLY after I had the front LCA bushing changed, that I noticed the CLUNK noise. So....is it the LCA ball joint? Or the entirety of the installation....specifically, the Strut????

I do, however, at the end of all this, think that the "ROOT CAUSE" is in the ball joint. It is just TOO WEAK to handle it's responsibility in the suspension geometry. So, until someone comes out with a "new and improved" ball joint assembly and LCA, of which I would pay BIG BUCKS FOR!!!, we are destined to the stock design assembly failing frequently!

Thanks for the info...I will take this to my dealer on Tuesday AND(!!!!!!!!) to the Pedders install guy next week as well.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

JB

GeorgeInNePa
08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
You guys are working the issue just the way I have been looking for someone to dive into this from DAY ONE!!! CONGRATS!! I will pass this info along to my Pedders installer. However, after I had the Struts installed during the Track II installation, I had NO noise in the front end. It was only a week a later that I had the LCA bushing installed due to part availability, that I had the noise in the front end. To make clear, it was ONLY after I had the front LCA bushing changed, that I noticed the CLUNK noise. So....is it the LCA ball joint? Or the entirety of the installation....specifically, the Strut????

I do, however, at the end of all this, think that the "ROOT CAUSE" is in the ball joint. It is just TOO WEAK to handle it's responsibility in the suspension geometry. So, until someone comes out with a "new and improved" ball joint assembly and LCA, of which I would pay BIG BUCKS FOR!!!, we are destined to the stock design assembly failing frequently!

Thanks for the info...I will take this to my dealer on Tuesday AND(!!!!!!!!) to the Pedders install guy next week as well.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

JB

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but keep in mind that they are not having this problem in Oz and they use the same part. They had this chassis for three years before we got it.

Panzer Leader
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but keep in mind that they are not having this problem in Oz and they use the same part. They had this chassis for three years before we got it.

Remember in OZ they are upside down. Therefore, not as much weight is placed on the suspension.

All things being equal, I too, do not believe that the ball joints are not up to the task. As with the strut design it is lacking also. In my humble view, and since I have changed out a lot of the OEM parts thus far, I might as well remove some more. My concern is, that as you change out the OEM parts for better design, heavier duty, do you not create additional "stess" on some, if not all, of the remaining OEM parts of the front suspension? Thus creating a unique cause and effect situation.

Chewy
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
5 days till I solve the issue! I will have them remove and reinstall the strut assembly and then we will take it over to Firestone to have it aligned again. This time I am paying the 150 bucks for the lifetime alignment like I should have the first time.

Chris

08G8V8
08-24-2009, 07:16 AM
This time I am paying the 150 bucks for the lifetime alignment like I should have the first time.

Chris

That's a good deal.

Hope everything works out and you get your issues resolved.

Chewy
08-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Got the creak issue resolved and the alignment was free!

I still have a clunk in the front end and after hours of the installer and myself under the car we were able to diagnose it as an UPPER control arm ball joint. So now I will have both control arms replaced.

I'm wondering if this stiffer Pedders suspension is wearing out the ball joints prematurely. Ugh...

235 bucks more dumped into it...

Chris

Panzer Leader
09-05-2009, 05:42 PM
What was causing the creaking sound? It is getting real confusing with the "clinks" "clunks" and others. As far as the ball joints I thought that Mike White said it would not affect the GM warranty? Especially if these are failing on unmodded cars. So I guess the question is, :Did GM warranty cover the problem or did Pedders?"

Chewy
09-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I've bought ALL my parts. The dealers are crooks! I don't want them touching my car unless I have NO other choice.

See your PM

Panzer Leader
09-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I've bought ALL my parts. The dealers are crooks! I don't want them touching my car unless I have NO other choice.

See your PM

That answers my question very clearly. See my PM