PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Performance Brake Pad Sale!!!

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Precision Motorsports is offering the entire line of Hawk Performance Brake pads on sale!!!

http://www.pm-fl.com/images/hawkhps.jpg

G8 GT & V6

HP Plus Front $93.68
HP Plus Rear $84.24

HPS Front $77.63
HPS Rear $68.19

Ceramic Front $81.41
Ceramic Rear $71.97

G8 GXP

HP Plus Front $133.08
HP Plus Rear 122.07

HPS Front $114.71
HPS Rear $100.36

Ceramic Front $117.95
Ceramic Rear $103.19

Give me a call at the shop, or shoot me a PM to order!

And remember, all orders over $100, FREE SHIPPING!!!

Panzer Leader
07-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Are these directly interchangeable with OEM or do any mods have to be done?

majesticix
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Anyone know how much more brake dust the HPS kicks up vs the Performance Ceramic? I'd like top notch performance for street (no plans to autocross) but would rather not scrape off a ton of brake dust. How about noise too? I'm assuming the Ceramics would offer a quieter ride and reduction in dust, just curious if it is significant or minimal.

Thanks in advance!

Chewy
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Rich, Throw up a plus's and minus's sheet of each pad model for us if you have it.

Something that tells us the good and bad of each pad so we can make the decision.

Can I order some for my Subie Legacy GT too?

wreckwriter
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I have the Hawk HPS pads on all 4 wheels. Install was simple, did not have to file as one guy did. They stop real well but they they do dust more than stockers.

Panzer Leader
07-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I have the Hawk HPS pads on all 4 wheels. Install was simple, did not have to file as one guy did. They stop real well but they they do dust more than stockers.

Is this also true of the ceramic? My upgrading of the brakes will probably be limited to Pads and Cryro treated rotors.

HuskerG8
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I would agree with Wreckwriter. I have Hawk HPS for front and rear. They do dust more than the stock pads, but not a great deal. The install was simple and I didn't have to file down the pads either.

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Are these directly interchangeable with OEM or do any mods have to be done?

These pads are a direct replacement for your stock pads. No modifications should be needed.

Anyone know how much more brake dust the HPS kicks up vs the Performance Ceramic? I'd like top notch performance for street (no plans to autocross) but would rather not scrape off a ton of brake dust. How about noise too? I'm assuming the Ceramics would offer a quieter ride and reduction in dust, just curious if it is significant or minimal.

Thanks in advance!

The HPS will kick up a bit more dust than the ceramic. If you are more worried about the dust, I would suggest the ceramic pads. Noise really isnt an issue with either pad. The HP Plus pads are a bit noisy, but they are designed specifically for the road course, and will not function properly on the street.

Hey Rich, Throw up a plus's and minus's sheet of each pad model for us if you have it.

Something that tells us the good and bad of each pad so we can make the decision.

Can I order some for my Subie Legacy GT too?

HP Plus is designed for the autocross/roadracer. Not a good pad for the street, as they need to be heated up to function properly.

HPS is a great pad for the street. Great stopping power, but does give up brake dust pretty easily.

Ceramic Pads, another great pad for the street. Virtually no dust, but not as aggressive as the HPS.

And yes, we can set you up with pads for you Subie as well.

Big Daddy G8
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
absolutely DO NOT use HPS for track use. I tried last week at VIR and after one 30 minute session, the pads overheated, started to disintegrate and damn near destroyed my DBA slotted rotors. A link of photos is attached showing what they looked like. The pads actually lasted two more sessions, being babied, and then they were done (that's when photos were taken) Notice the material transfer from the rotor itself, filling in the slots on the rotor!

Luckily, a fellow track day attendee runs a brake business and I met the UPS truck the next morning with my HP Plus pads (no-one stocks anything on the shelf for our cars, but you guys new that). I installed the pads and had a great day!

Oh yeah, the HP Plus pads worked great, but still generated a great deal of heat. One of the track guys, who was aware of my day one brake woes asked if I had put on new track compound pads. When I confirmed, he said, "yeah we could tell because flames shoot out ever time in turn one." The photos of the burnt up caliper piston boots prove that as well.

Once again, HPS pads not at all up to the task of a track day, I found a slightly better brake performance over OEM on the street, but the would groan right at the point of release of grabbing.

Link : http://gallery.me.com/jrandress/100241

Rich@pm-fl.com
07-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Unfortunately that will happen with any brake pad when you use it for something that it is not designed for.