PDA

View Full Version : I chickened out...

Blackdevil77
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Here's my story tonight. I was at my local car show again talking to a cool guy with his ls1 GTO. He's here's me talking about how i think i could beat that car to my friends and this guy starts laughing. He goes, "what do you drive?" I point to my G8 and he starts laughing going "hahaha that's a nice little toy you got there" I was like Toy???? Then he asked me if I want to run. He was like "i have nothing special, lets go!" He starts walking away and he hits the unlock button on his keys. I see the lights of a white Charger R/T light up and he walks towards it. I start laughing lol. He said he would take me by at least 10 cars. I doubt that. He did have more done to that car then i did to mine but i doubt he would have beaten me by that much. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was nagging me to race. Even an off duty police officer was like "it'll be fine, don't worry." Tonight, 6 people got pulled over from my car show just leaving the show, I saw cop cars everywhere, and if i get one more moving violation, I loose my license so......I turned him down. Everyone was like "DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!" I felt like a bitch but i couldn't take that risk.
Am I a wussy for not racing him or did i make the right decision??? What would you guys have done??

GeorgeInNePa
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Here's my story tonight. I was at my local car show again talking to a cool guy with his ls1 GTO. He's here's me talking about how i think i could beat that car to my friends and this guy starts laughing. He goes, "what do you drive?" I point to my G8 and he starts laughing going "hahaha that's a nice little toy you got there" I was like Toy???? Then he asked me if I want to run. He was like "i have nothing special, lets go!" He starts walking away and he hits the unlock button on his keys. I see the lights of a white Charger R/T light up and he walks towards it. I start laughing lol. He said he would take me by at least 10 cars. I doubt that. He did have more done to that car then i did to mine but i doubt he would have beaten me by that much. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was nagging me to race. Even an off duty police officer was like "it'll be fine, don't worry." Tonight, 6 people got pulled over from my car show just leaving the show, I saw cop cars everywhere, and if i get one more moving violation, I loose my license so......I turned him down. Everyone was like "DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!" I felt like a bitch but i couldn't take that risk.
Am I a wussy for not racing him or did i make the right decision??? What would you guys have done??

It's called growing up. It happens to the best of us.

;)

GRRRR8
09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
You did the right thing Mario. Now I would have blown the paint off that SLOPAR to teach him a lesson on what fast is. I raced a R/T with an air intake, Flowmasters and a Diablo tune when I was paper tag stock and beat him by 3ish. I have since raced him again and now he has headers full exhaust retune and he got beat by 12+ cars! No way any R/T mod for mod, equal drivers can beat a G8 unless he is spraying. That is the next mod for the one I raced. I told him it wont matter!

G8GT594
09-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Key phrase here, "6 people got pulled over from my car show". They were prolly out looking for some people to be racing. Smart move on your part, nothing to be ashamed of.

Blackdevil77
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
lol. Thanks guys i appreciate it. I wish i could have made him eat his words. Everyone there now thinks my car is slower than his cuz i wouldn't race him. I wish there was a close by designated race area lol.

JMorris
09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I would have turned him down also, to much to risk. I would how-ever have offered to meet him at a track for a looser pays the fees and places a big "I got spanked by a ...." in the window for a week.

That would be funny if you guys came up with some sort of magnet or screen that you could place on your opponents car like a scarlet letter.

Uhh, did I give away my age by saying scarlet letter or is that still one of the reading standards?

GXPaycheck
09-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Sometimes it's best to smile and walk away (knowing of course that you would have BLOWN his doors off!!)

BlueJacket
09-17-2008, 04:12 AM
Like everyone else has said you did the right thing.

SRG963
09-17-2008, 04:34 AM
Everyone there now thinks my car is slower than his cuz i wouldn't race him.

U did the right thing to avoid the cops. Screw everyone there, you still have your license....should have met up later for a show down someplace less populated if you really wanted to run him.

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 04:53 AM
I would have turned him down also, to much to risk. I would how-ever have offered to meet him at a track for a looser pays the fees and places a big "I got spanked by a ...." in the window for a week.

That would be funny if you guys came up with some sort of magnet or screen that you could place on your opponents car like a scarlet letter.

Uhh, did I give away my age by saying scarlet letter or is that still one of the reading standards?

I really want to run him now to spank the sh$& outta him. When i see him next tuesday I'll ask him if he wants to go down to the track friday, October 17th. Looser has to pay the fee's and put a sign in the window I got spanked by a...
I hope he accepts my offer.
For those of you wondering, "why october 17th?" I set up a date with the Long Island guys, some friends and a GTO guy from the car show to go down to the track and race that day. Anyone that wants to go can. IslandDragway.com

GRRRR8
09-17-2008, 04:56 AM

This site does cater to the older crowd, but I like the fact that eveyone helps the youngsters.

JMorris
09-17-2008, 07:01 AM
LOL, I just looked at your mini stats, you are older than I am!

Chewy
09-17-2008, 07:07 AM
You did the right thing but the thing you did wrong was talking smack where others could hear you...

I NEVER talk smack unless it's to just my friends now. I learned long ago that it bites you in the ass. It would have been worse for you if you would have gone and raced him and lost or worse yet... Lost your license... For what?

Maybe you'll see his car on the street sometime...:whipit:

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Charger guy came to were i work today and was shopping. He saw me and set up a wager. He really wants to go. He wants me to bet my paycheck. This guy is married and has a kid. His Charger had a baby seat in the back of it. I am DYING to race him. He is so sure that he is gonna win. He said you get paid friday?, "then we will race, then i'll take it from you" I want to whoop his ass but i want the VMS tune and CAI before i do it as insurance. I GOTTA get this guy down to the track. If i get him to go, it'll be the ultimate showdown.

SRG963
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Charger guy came to were i work today and was shopping. He saw me and set up a wager. He really wants to go. He wants me to bet my paycheck. This guy is married and has a kid. His Charger had a baby seat in the back of it. I am DYING to race him. He is so sure that he is gonna win. He said you get paid friday?, "then we will race, then i'll take it from you" I want to whoop his ass but i want the VMS tune and CAI before i do it as insurance. I GOTTA get this guy down to the track. If i get him to go, it'll be the ultimate showdown.

Bet ter spend that paycheck at Vector and win the race to get it back LOL.

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Bet ter spend that paycheck at Vector LOL.

lol hell yeah. One VMS 93 tune, CAI and HSRK coming up!!! Can't wait.

GT-610
09-17-2008, 03:30 PM
yeah,Mario...dont race him stock,if he has any work,he might take you.

and when you mod and win,we all want to see that time slip!!!!!hahaha...

Blackdevil77
09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
yeah,Mario...dont race him stock,if he has any work,he might take you.

and when you mod and win,we all want to see that time slip!!!!!hahaha...

Hell yeah Cliff. I intend to video tape the whole thing. And I'm gonna tell him, if he looses, he has to drive around with a sign in his window for a full day that says, "I Got Spanked by a G8" lol

-Ray-
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
As you get older, it's becomes easier to pick your battles. Well, except for Charlie maybe. "Patience my ass, I'm going to kill something" comes to mind. LOL

wreckwriter
09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Race track, not street. You made the right choice.

As Fat Freddy says, "Peed skills".

JoshHefnerX
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Did this ever take place? If so, what was the outcome?

Josh

GeorgeInNePa
05-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Holy Necropost, Batman!

1stone123
05-26-2009, 04:06 PM

You definately made the right decision...besides, we already know that a G8 can easily beat a charger, no matter what the upgrades are!!! Also, you saved yourself from another ticket and losing your license....I got my second ticket after work last night and the second one is more painful than the first...how many chances does someone get before risking a license?

Good for you for making the smart decision....you already drive a G8..there is nothing left to prove!

PostalCherokee
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
If he's that confident he must have something up his sleeve. Or he's a complete moron.

mtolivecracker
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM
I was richer, Id send some ARH to your address to guarantee a victory

jbradsh1
05-26-2009, 05:14 PM

Just like in life, pick your spot and make your move!

Slizzo
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Holy Necropost, Batman!

I was about to ask what dregs this post was dug up from. I remember the OP, and it is OLD.

And I mean pissyourpantsbecauseyouhavenobladdercontrolOLD.

:nah:

Blackdevil77
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
lol holy hell this was my thread from last summer! How did this get resurrected?

PostalCherokee
05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, whatever happened then?

JerzeyGT
05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL.... I didnt realize the date this post started... I just put in for a requested day off for Saturday October 17th.... Well I hear good things about island dragway... IM goin anyway LOL

foreosu
05-26-2009, 07:30 PM
George said it best: "Its called growing up. It happens to the best of us"

Smart move not racing tonight. Not worth the risk. They'll be more Chargers to eat another day :-)

bobyoung
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Well even if it was last year don't keep us in suspense, I didn't notice the date either until someone brought it up, i did seem to think that you have modded your car though.

Blackdevil77
05-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Well, whatever happened then?

The guy dis-appeared into the winter lol. After that day I saw him at work I didn't see him again. The car show died down for winter and everything ceased. Car show is starting up again though so he comes back, im ready for him lol. I was bone stock when he challenged me.

I think I figured out what he did. He had me look under the hood and under the car and I didn't see anything besides a CAI. But I did noticed he had drag radials on the car. He said he guarantee's that he will take me by 10 cars. I'm guessing he did a stall converter and gears. Only reason I could think of for the DR and him being so confident with nothing visible I could see done.

Mike P
05-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Yes, holy thread from the dead! :)

Mario, let us know if you end up finding this dude & racing him. You definitely did the right thing back in 2008, when everyone was getting pulled over.

Let us know if you find that wimpy Charger R/T, and stomp him.... :)

The guy dis-appeared into the winter lol. After that day I saw him at work I didn't see him again. The car show died down for winter and everything ceased. Car show is starting up again though so he comes back, im ready for him lol. I was bone stock when he challenged me.

I think I figured out what he did. He had me look under the hood and under the car and I didn't see anything besides a CAI. But I did noticed he had drag radials on the car. He said he guarantee's that he will take me by 10 cars. I'm guessing he did a stall converter and gears. Only reason I could think of for the DR and him being so confident with nothing visible I could see done.

confused2much
05-27-2009, 06:07 AM
i didnt realize the date this post started... I just put in for a requested day off for saturday october 17th....

lmao

grandmacpubah
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
the guy probably went online saw what people were pulling in their G8's and freaked lol

Fatdaddy
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Knowing when to call for retreat usually requires much courage. It also allows one to return a fight another day...

... with reinforcements.

TomPierce
05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Knowing when to call for retreat usually requires much courage. It also allows one..

...to see if the flyboys have any napalm left over.

:poof:

KEV-O
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM
What i want to know...was he one of the 6 people who got pulled over that day?
muahahahahaha