PDA

View Full Version : Weekend trip

j_j
07-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Went to see relatives over the 4th. I was really pleased since this was the longest trip I have taken in the car. The 200+ miles each way I avg 23mpg with 3 passengers and loaded trunk. I know i could have done better if I kept it at the speed limit but i went a little over. Wife didn't really care for the axle back for the whole trip but she only commented once each way.

It was a great trip other than I got hit with a paintball and I ended up with a screw in the tire. I got hit with the paintball Friday night didn't realize it though until Saturday morning. After I saw it I remember hearing a loud nosie the nite before while I was heading down a road in the country after dark(not knowing exactly where I was). I thought I just threw a stone into the inner fender. When I found it, the paint was still wet and it did not leave an impact mark, so I lucked out there. It hit just below the rear driver's door about 3 inches in from the rear tire on the rocker panel. I am glad it didn't hit the door, probably would have dented then.

As for the screw, I was lucky enough that my kid had to go to the bathroom shortly after leaving to go home. So we stopped at the first rest area. While they were going to the bathroom I was looking at the car and noticed something in the tire. Sure enough it was a screw. I am sure it would have come out by itself at continuous highway speeds. So I unpack the trunk take out my plug kit and compressor and fix it there. 2 days later and 200 miles the plug is still holding so I figure all is well with it.

I hope everyone else had a good 4th weekend.