PDA

View Full Version : BMR Trailing Arms

fiveoh
07-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Will these void my suspension warranty?(I would assume they probably would) Was thinking about getting a pair to try and get rid of the wheelhop I get shifting into 2nd. Anyone had experience with getting suspension warranty work at the dealer with these installed?

Ktlplxm
07-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Dealer hasn't really said much about them... of course if you think they will, you casn switch them back out easily enough

fiveoh
07-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Dealer hasn't really said much about them... of course if you think they will, you casn switch them back out easily enough

Yeah I just dont want to add a bunch of stuff I have to switch to take it in. Also would I need an alignment if I put these on?

GRRRR8
07-07-2009, 05:44 AM
No it wont effect your warranty. Only the warranty for the lower arms. Yes get the car aligned after installing.

fiveoh
07-07-2009, 06:42 AM
No it wont effect your warranty. Only the warranty for the lower arms. Yes get the car aligned after installing.

Thanks!

Ktlplxm
07-07-2009, 07:31 AM
The installation of the rear control arms should change the alignment, but if you want to do it for safety's sake, it surely will not hurt. My car didn't need to be aligned till the bushing on the top of the front shocks collapsed. I ofc course had it checked but nothing was out of specs. I'm not sure what other mods you were planning on doing to the suspension, but if you haven't purchased springs yet, i would be wary of the Eibachs. Mine have been installed since last october I believe, and they have started sagging noticeably. In the past Eibach has always been great to deal with on the few complaints we've had; this time the tech guy I'm dealing with is being a dick..Just a heads up

BMR Sales
07-07-2009, 09:43 AM
We have many local guys running around with these and they are having no isses with warranty stuff. Most places have bigger issues to deal with.

Devilish34
07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
So you need have get an alignment or you don't after the trailing arm install???

BMR Sales
07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
An alignment is not necessary after installation of our trailing arms, but it never hurts to have the alignment checked. Our shop car has had them for many months without an alignment and shows no unusual tire wear at all.

Devilish34
07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the quick response...

the driver
07-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I did not have mine aligned, either. My car is within factory alignment spec.