PDA

View Full Version : VERY pleased with Vector

G8V8
09-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I just got my new tune after the dealer overwrote my TCM tune. I set it up so I could clear all the TSBs on my G8. Anyway. I got the FXP and it worked great, as usual. I asked for the TCM tune to be a bit agressive and it was a little more than i wanted so I called them and talked to Kirk. He made a few changes and sent me another TCM tune in what seemed like no time. i loaded it. drove a bit to let it learn and it is great. I chirp tires on 1-2 WOT shifts and set my personal best 0-60 times 4.65 in sport mod and 4.69 in normal.

VMS is great and they really KNOW our tranny!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/65524/4p69-mod1.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/65524/4p65-mod1.JPG

GRRRR8
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
That is why they tune more G8s then anyone out there. Once you understand that it can be tuned by them long distance its kind of a no brainer.

G8V8
09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Amen Bro!!!

JMorris
09-16-2008, 09:28 PM
So do you have the standard tune now or is it still more aggressive? I ask because I'm in line for the flash express. I will only be able to get the 91 tune as I'm in CA. If there is some thing you guys are liking other than the standard please let me know. I still have time to make a request.

G8V8
09-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Actually, I asked if the shifts could be a little faster and firmer than i asked for originally. My first tune, one of the early ones, was pretty conservative because I asked for it that way. I think my tune now is more like the normal VMS tune.

G8V8
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Did i say "pleased"? I am extremely pleased. I did a 0-60 this morning of 4.50 sec.

jnak
09-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Are those charts generated by the Dashawk?

DrivenVA
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Great times G8V8!

I have a quick question about the VMS tune. I saw on their site that they have a stealth tune upgrade listed separately from the CAI + tune package. Is the tune in that package detectable by the dealership? Can you get the $20 upgrade on ANY tune to make it undetectable?

I'd like the power and mileage increase of the Premium fuel tune, but don't want to worry about voiding my warranty.

Chewy
09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
I have only bought the HSRK and Dash Hawk from them so far but they are going above and beyond and trying to get me info on my car. Like what's wrong with it if there IS anything wrong with it...

Top blokes me thinks! :theman:

G8V8
09-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Yes. You can scan, data log and see it on your computer. The photos are screen captures.

Great times G8V8!

I have a quick question about the VMS tune. I saw on their site that they have a stealth tune upgrade listed separately from the CAI + tune package. Is the tune in that package detectable by the dealership? Can you get the $20 upgrade on ANY tune to make it undetectable?

I'd like the power and mileage increase of the Premium fuel tune, but don't want to worry about voiding my warranty.

They can make any of their tunes Stealth, I think. I don't know the level of checking the dealer would have to do to detect it if stealth. I guess it depends on how much time they want to spend looking. I KNOW I can tell by driving it that something is "special". I guess knowing and proving are 2 different things.

For the ECU, a second unit with VMS tuning lets you pop in the OEM unit for dealer visits. Of coarse when you motor takes a crap and you put the stock ECU back in with no codes, etc. they might ask what is going on.
:surprise:

-Ray-
09-17-2008, 05:30 PM

That's actually the software you can download to view the logs created by the Dashhawk.

Deviant
09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I plan on getting my ECM tuned soon by VMS, Im wondering do you have to tell em if you want an aggressive or semi aggressive or conservative tune. I guess im wondering how aggressive is the default one they make.

R.Penguin
09-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I plan on getting my ECM tuned soon by VMS, Im wondering do you have to tell em if you want an aggressive or semi aggressive or conservative tune. I guess im wondering how aggressive is the default one they make.
Perfect for me.

R.Penguin
09-26-2008, 06:21 PM
That is why they tune more G8s then anyone out there. Once you understand that it can be tuned by them long distance its kind of a no brainer.
Yep! :p

Deviant
09-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Thx appreciate it

R.Penguin
09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
NP

GRRRR8
09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
NP

Where have you been? I thought I was going to have to start a MIA thread. lol

bobyoung
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM

Couple of questions:

1. How is it done long distance, would I need to pull the ECM/TCM? I would want both the VMS ECM and TCM tunes. Are they done together or separately?

2. What kind of gains could I expect to see in an otherwise (for now) stock 2009 G8 GT?

3, How much dough would we be talking for their stock stealth tune approximately?

4. Will the car still be everyday driving friendly?

4. How difficult is it to do?

GRRRR8
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Couple of questions:

1. How is it done long distance, would I need to pull the ECM/TCM? I would want both the VMS ECM and TCM tunes. Are they done together or separately?

2. What kind of gains could I expect to see in an otherwise (for now) stock 2009 G8 GT?

3, How much dough would we be talking for their stock stealth tune approximately?

4. Will the car still be everyday driving friendly?

4. How difficult is it to do?

1. Flash Express done at the same time
2. Trans shifts night and day difference
3. $ Go to their site
4. Will drive just like it does with more power, better shifts and better fuel economy.

bobyoung
10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
One more question, how easy is it to pull the ECM and ship it to them? I don't own a lap top.

GeorgeInNePa
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
One more question, how easy is it to pull the ECM and ship it to them? I don't own a lap top.

The ECM is under the hood and easy to get out.

You are going to need access to a computer to do the TCM (trans computer) tune, The TCM is located inside the transmission, no way to remove and ship.

I've done the FlashXpress with my house computer. You could do that, or borrow a laptop.

bobyoung
10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
I'll have to borrow a laptop then I'm on the second floor here.

Panther 2
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
VMS flash expressed my ecm and tcm while my car sat on the dyno in New Jersey. Drove 20miles from the dyno to the track and the car ran the fastest it has SO FAR 12.89@109.64 with a full tank of gas. I'm a believer in what they do !