PDA

View Full Version : Vibration noise

svtcobra
07-03-2009, 07:42 PM
I have what seems to be a vibration noise coming from either passenger front door or rightr rear door. When I drive over some bumps in the road it sounds like something is ratteling in the door. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the cause? I am going to take off the door panels to see what could be the problem but it would be great if I had some sort of starting point. Thanks

pokey
07-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Check your door strikers. Mine are/were loose. I had my drivers door fixed a couple weeks ago.

To check push down then pull up on the striker and see if it makes a sound, they should be tight. I have 2 more loose and will be taking it in to the dealer this week.

svtcobra
07-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks will check them.

svtcobra
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Door strikers are tight. Just noticed sound today when friend turned radio volume up. Can the speaker be lose? Def. something inside panel ratteling against something.

Panzer Leader
07-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Speaker could be vibrating.

svtcobra
07-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Found where vibration was coming from. It was coming from switch area for sunroof. I pulled switch out with backing plate and inserted a piece of foam from a camera case that I trimed to be the same dimension of backing plate. No more vibration sound what so ever. I had friend drive car while I listened for noise and it sounded like it was coming from drivers door now, he said it sounded like it was coming from passenger door. That is how we figured vibration was coming from somewhere in between us. Glad it was a simple fix.

Crazy_A
08-22-2009, 08:23 AM
That's interesting because I don't have a sunroof, but I've recently noticed a similar rattling sound near my front passenger door area. Combined with the squeaky noise of my shifter and the occasional squeaks of what I believe to be the dash, my car sounds like it's got more miles on it than 6k. :(

ClassicPhysique
08-26-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm having the same ratteling sound in both the driver and rear drivers side door. It's very annoying, I have a 64 Buick Electra sport coupe and it doesn't have those sounds.

Crazy_A
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
My door rattle noise isn't noticeable until I get to around 40 or 45 mph. It gets worse up through 60 or so and stays about the same above that. The weird part is, I feel more vibrations at 20-40mph, due to running in 4 cylinder mode, but I don't hear it at that speed. When I go into the shop next time, I'll ask them to check it out. It might be trim vibrating with the wind. It's rather annoying because my old '99 Intrigue didn't make this much noise at 120k miles.

guinner
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
have the same rattle/vibraton in from passenger door. dealer cant figure it out and its driving me crazy. door strikers seem to be tight. Anybody have any ideas?

Call-Me-D
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
That's interesting because I don't have a sunroof, but I've recently noticed a similar rattling sound near my front passenger door area. Combined with the squeaky noise of my shifter and the occasional squeaks of what I believe to be the dash, my car sounds like it's got more miles on it than 6k. :(

Completely agree. But I don't love my car any less because of it:) Just a lil annoying.

guinner
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
think i found my passenger door rattle. Part of the heat shield below the car was flapping in the wind and hitting something. Pulled it back a little and so far so good.