PDA

View Full Version : Atari Gauges on GXP

MoonPie
07-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Got the GTPrix hacked atari gauges in the mail and had them installed today. Here's some pics. I have some questions. How do I go into stealth mode and adjust the brightness? Also, would my brightness adjustment for everything else, the one right above the headlights/foglamps controls, work still? Mine only works now in my dark garage, haven't tried to see if is a nighttime only control feature which I am beginning to assume. I guess I may need a beginner's course in our instrument brightness controls and such. Be gentle as I am allowed the simpleton questions, I had a brain injury. Thanks guys.

MoonPie
07-03-2009, 07:04 PM
through trial and error I have figured out how to go stealth, push the two dimmer buttons at the same time. I have no idea how to switch between metric and american. When I turn the car on its metric, I restart the car and its american, I know there's a trick i'm not privy to. Thanks.

solty
07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I am about to start that install, anything to look out for? any tricks, lessons learned would be appreciated.

Looks really good,

MoonPie
07-03-2009, 10:02 PM
well, do what I did and have an audio/car accesories store put them in. I figured I'd be willing to pay to save myself some time and headache. The place I went to had a GM certified guy. He did it in about two hours, the only hiccup was removing the radio faceplate, you gotta pull a little more than is comfortable for what the object being pulled off is. It takes a good bit of effort to get off, not a simple pry and pull like the rest. You may feel like your'er going to break it, as long as you do it firm but gently it should come off with no problems. Good Luck.