PDA

View Full Version : Sportwagon?

christiancoach
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Lot's of people have talked about getting, creating, or building the Ute here in the US. I am not a huge fan of the Ute, but I am a fan of Wagons. Go ahead, laugh!
I really like the SSV Sportwagon. From my initial research the wheelbase is the same. Anyone know if the doors are the same? How hard would it be to graft a Sportwagon back end onto a G8 front?

Feel free to flame, if you also have something constructive to say!

r33pwrd
07-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I agree with you 10 thousand times! the Wagon is cool but the STE should have been displayed first on broke back Mountain....

As far as putting the wagon back on a G8 I think you would be better off buying a complete wagon from Australia and importing it.. I can get it licensed for you for about 1500 bucks :) done it a few times with the nissan skyline back in the late 90's

christiancoach
07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
As far as putting the wagon back on a G8 I think you would be better off buying a complete wagon from Australia and importing it.. I can get it licensed for you for about 1500 bucks :) done it a few times with the nissan skyline back in the late 90's

If it is that simple why are people trying to import whole body shells to build Utes? Why don't they just import the entire car?

jnak
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
If it is that simple why are people trying to import whole body shells to build Utes? Why don't they just import the entire car?

Maybe to keep the car LHD?

Steve
07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I love wagons! I would've gone with the Wagon over a GT/GXP if that would've been available. One ofMy previous rides was a, 850 T-5R with a stick... that thing was the shit... lol for a while was seriously debating the V70R before getting my G8... Still like how the previous ones (pre 2009) look, especially all blacked out with those silver 5 spoke 'R' wheels. (that + having 5 cylinders is just cool ;) )

r33pwrd
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Well its not that simple... I have a way to license cars and honestly back in the day I made 10K per car just to license them (I originally did a few for 3K but to many people wanted them and I didnt want DMW to catch on and put a stop to it). I have not done it in 8 or so years but my method should still work and is 100 percent legal........ PM me if you want more info.

Slizzo
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I too like the wagons, the G8 as a sportwagon would have been awesome. I always preferred the Magnum over the Charger, you just don't expect a wagon to have that much motor under the hood.

GrandPrix98GT
07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I love wagons! I would've gone with the Wagon over a GT/GXP if that would've been available.

x2. I was hoping GM would bring the wagon over..