PDA

View Full Version : In case this has not be talked about.

namewastaken_o_O
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I bought my g8 used. 8k miles.

I ran up onto a parking bump and scratched my front bumper. I was pretty mad so I checked it out and there was a LOT of play in the bumper.

So I went back to the dealer, asked them to tighten it. They could not, so we went to check out an 09 and it was stiff as a board (mines an 08)

So we found an 08.....loose as a prom night whore.

After a bit of research this is what I found.

The first run production used rivits sp* to hold the bumper in. Due to loading/off loading the bumpers became loose. The last production run of 09's used bolts. So I now have a set of those bolts in my car waiting to be put on.

So if anyone has this same issue. Tell your dealer you want these 4 bolts. Install was no charge to me, but I am waiting as I may have some work done to my car and it would be a waste to install then have to take the bumper off again for work.

Just throwing that out there!

PS: the bottom of my front and rear bumper are torn to shreds as I am sure most of yall's are too :(

oh well~

MANOFSTEEL69
06-29-2009, 04:30 AM

I ran up onto a parking bump and scratched my front bumper. I was pretty mad so I checked it out and there was a LOT of play in the bumper.

So I went back to the dealer, asked them to tighten it. They could not, so we went to check out an 09 and it was stiff as a board (mines an 08)

The first run production used rivits sp* to hold the bumper in. Due to loading/off loading the bumpers became loose. The last production run of 09's used bolts. So I now have a set of those bolts in my car waiting to be put on.

So if anyone has this same issue. Tell your dealer you want these 4 bolts. Install was no charge to me, but I am waiting as I may have some work done to my car and it would be a waste to install then have to take the bumper off again for work.

Just throwing that out there!

PS: the bottom of my front and rear bumper are torn to shreds as I am sure most of yall's are too :(

oh well~

What you had was a shitty carhauler :(....(I'm a former non-shitty one :)). Not a scratch on mine, but I know all the places to look that get damaged at times by the haulers when they are being loaded and off loaded.

Mike P
06-29-2009, 09:34 AM

I probably have the rivots holding my front bumper on. Because from day 1 there has been a lot of "play" in it.

Where did you get the bolts from? The dealership?

It's not a big issue, but it's wierd when you can wiggle that front bumper so much......

R.Penguin
06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=5997&highlight=skid+plates&page=2

:p