PDA

View Full Version : Mechanism error on cd player?

jadesboutique
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Has anyone had this error on their cd player? I rarely listen to cd's but I have a couple in there just in case I feel like listening to them. But now whenever I start the car it says mechanism error and the cd's won't load nor eject. My closest dealer is about an hour away so I thought I'd ask here first - and it sucks because I'm about to store my car for 2-3 years. Just wondering if its a common problem(I searched for mechanism error but didn't find anything...) or I just have bad luck lol:hang:

h34d
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
This is a new one on me, sorry. Sounds like something for the dealer to take a look at, warranty FTW...

MANOFSTEEL69
06-29-2009, 04:59 AM
You didn't put a CD in with one of those home made paper labels on it by any chance?

jadesboutique
06-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Nope sure didn't - I have 3 cds in there, one is a cd-rw no label at all and the other 2 aren't burnt - even when I don't have it on cd player mode when I start up the car with xm on it still says the error. ugh. guess I will call the dealer just sucks because they are so far away, the chevy dealer close to me closed a few months ago ha. Hope they don't have to get a new cd player or something my car is going in storage friday.

jadesboutique
06-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Just an update, after messing with it alittle bit(smacking it a bit when it was trying to read a cd it finally spit them out, I guess it was stuck and couldnt read them for some reason, weird.)

Greg@PacePerformance
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
I would get that fixed before you store it and the warranty expires. Trust me you don't want to have to buy a new one from the dealer.

Redwood
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM
My CD changer is giving the Mechanism Error message as well. It just started today. I unloaded a CD and that's when it started. It wouldn't get ready to load a new CD and wouldn't load any other CDs. I tried the wait 45 seconds after shutting off and removing the key/opening the door and hitting eject. It tried to eject all, but that didn't happen and it gave the error again. I tried restarting the car several times, then waiting a while before trying again. The sucky thing is that I just got it back from having a bad gas cap replaced THIRTY MINUTES EARLIER. It has impeccable timing.

Redwood
07-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Update: It started working the next morning, which wasn't surprised based on what I've read. After backing up my new CDs, I put them in and they seem to work fine. I even ejected one of the CDs that was in there. Go figure.

95_9C1
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
THIRD!!!

I got the "Mechanism Error," tonight.

Player won't eject or play.

Perhaps, I'll get lucky, like the guys above, and it'll just start working, again.

What's odd is that the CD was in the middle of playing the 5th track of 10, and it just stopped.

This is my first problem with the car...

95_9C1
09-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Finally, got back to the car.

Started it up, hit eject on the player, and it spits out both discs.

I loaded one disc back into the player, played half a song, and shut 'er down.

Should I expect this mechanism error to happen, again?

Or, was this just a "fluke?"

RODAN
09-04-2009, 09:40 PM
FWIW, I've had the same issues... CD player goes TU, then works the next day, then goes TU again. I'm waiting for the dealer to get a new unit in for warranty replacement. Seems like it's a fairly common problem.

95_9C1
09-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks, RODAN

I'm thinking I should call the dealer and let them know this has now happened once, and after a third time, I'll plan to take it in...

:mad:

95_9C1
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
this has now happened twice :mad:

95_9C1
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
confirmed fail

radio on back order

no ETA

could be "weeks"

:eyeroll:

RODAN
09-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Ours took about 2 1/2 weeks to get in...

icantdrive55
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
My 6 disc changer has a mechanism error after ejecting 1 of the 6 discs. After checking different sites on the net, it looks like a pretty common problem. Anyone have any ideas how to fix w/o taking back to dealer, and likely waiting for the unit to be fixed or replaced?

icantdrive55
10-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Go figure - this morning I leave the house and after a short drive the cd changer decides it will eject the rest of the discs. These things must have minds of their own. I wonder how many more times this is gonna happen before I decide to have the dealer work on it. OR, maybe I'll just put all my CD's on my iPod and plug that in.:charlie2:

bigwillys58
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I would get that fixed before you store it and the warranty expires. Trust me you don't want to have to buy a new one from the dealer.

that sucks. i tried the :secret:"smack it":secret: thing and broke the glass now the whole screen is fucked nor will it play or eject cds... doubt theyll warranty mine now :hang:

Modhauler
11-07-2009, 02:32 AM
We got the same error on ours with 2 cd's loaded: tried to eject both one after another. Tried a few times and no luck. Then I played a cd (can't remember if it was the 1st. or 2nd. that was loaded) and THEN tried ejecting that one and worked fine. Was then able to eject the other. Seems like trying to eject all at once confuses it...

Gordon Freeman
01-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I don’t know is this Friday the 13th or what? This morning when I took my G8 GT to the car wash that I just took delivery on day before yesterday the fuel door came off now my gf puts in 2 CD’s later one ejects okay the other displays mechanism error! Don’t mind me I’m just a little pissed @ my dream car right now….

:wtf:

polo
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
I don’t know is this Friday the 13th or what? This morning when I took my G8 GT to the car wash that I just took delivery on day before yesterday the fuel door came off now my gf puts in 2 CD’s later one ejects okay the other displays mechanism error! Don’t mind me I’m just a little pissed @ my dream car right now….

:wtf:

Sorry to hear that. I read about your fuel door flying off this morning. The good news is it's still under warranty if it screws up again. All cars are gonna have their issues, so hopefully yours are limited to these minor ones.

Gordon Freeman
01-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Yea polo you’re right I’ve owned other cars and they too had issues I just happened to have 2 in the same day and within 48 hrs of delivery of my dream car. I guess it’s a small price to pay to have the privilege of being lucky enough to own a G8 GT. Hey thanks for the reply though, I suppose I just needed to vent. :thumbsup:

GT-610
01-17-2010, 05:47 AM
happens to me every now and then too...

hflores3
01-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Mine wont even accept the CD. Called dealer already. Taking it in for a warranty fix.

Gordon Freeman
01-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Don’t know what happened but we got in the car yesterday and the CD started playing! So I pressed the eject button and the CD came out. Now I don’t know if I want to chance putting another one in. BTW is a store bought CD too. I guess the car has a mind of her own…hflores3 let me know what the dealer says & good luck.

RODAN
01-19-2010, 09:14 AM
It will happen again...

t-mac
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Mine got to the point of beeping and displaying mechanism error every 5 minutes. Got the radio replaced. Here is what the N/C invoice read...

Scanned for codes-B1248-Tested and found internal failure in CD player-replaced and reprogram radio assembly and tested OK.

mrj88
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
mine to

vanarnd1
09-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Sorry to refresh this thread, but I have a 2009 kia spectra and had this problem happen with a cd I loaded. The player was working before, but I ejected one cd and tried putting in one and it gave me a mech error message. It is reading it like a cd is in there trying to load but there is nothing inside. Does this problem go away or does would it need to be fixed?

-Ray-
09-27-2014, 01:36 AM
The question I have, is why are you driving a Kia?