PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in 'bama got a g8?

13 QTR
06-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I've seen a few,but only talked to 2 other people with one. Just wondering if I was the fastest in the state. My previous ride was the fastest srt-4 in the state...still hold that record at the track...

So post up if your from 'Bama....shizzz...aint got anybody to 'talk shit' with local.....

penguin
07-05-2009, 07:26 PM
located in Huntsville. Stock '09 GT Gun-metal Grey. It's my daily driver. My 'fun' ride is a '05 Yamaha FZ1.

R.Penguin
07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
located in Huntsville. Stock '09 GT Gun-metal Grey. It's my daily driver. My 'fun' ride is a '05 Yamaha FZ1.
I didn't realize that there were any cars in 'bama that weren't up on blocks in the front yard. :rofl:

I don't think I am aware of any relatives in the SE, so you must be from a different tribe.

Ennyway, welcome. :p

Robert@KBXPerformance
07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I've seen a few,but only talked to 2 other people with one. Just wondering if I was the fastest in the state. My previous ride was the fastest srt-4 in the state...still hold that record at the track...

So post up if your from 'Bama....shizzz...aint got anybody to 'talk shit' with local.....

There is a fella with a Red GT that has boltons and nitrous that a friend/business associate tuned who is near Montgomery, AL. I do not know what exact ET's he is running but the car should be good for low 12's if he is hooking it right. Might be some competition for ya.

Mike P
07-05-2009, 08:49 PM

How fast was your SRT-4 & what mods did you have done to it?

13 QTR
07-06-2009, 03:48 AM
How fast was your SRT-4 & what mods did you have done to it?

It ran a 11.8@119 ....had a slightly worn 3rd gear syncro at that time...had too lift to go into 3rd.
It had blueprinted and balanced engine... .40 over wiseco pistons with raised compression at 8.8to 1,eagle rods,ported polished heads,ported tb,2.5" piping. A PTP super60 turbo...a custom setup...a 70trim housing with a borgwarner extended tip compressor wheel,garret center section and a turbonectics stage 3 exhaust wheel.
Upgraded fuel pump,860cc injectors with a 1260cc dual nozzle methanol injection setup. Custom laptop tuning software,greddy profec b boost controller and a stage 3 clutch with a fidanza lightweight flywheel.

Many more...but that's the good stuff. just your basic 444whp/406wtq at 24psi skittle. I screwed up and used a oem head gasket....anything over 24 psi...it would blow by and pressurize the cooling system....blew it out.

As for the guy in montgomery....Low 12's...nice. On spray...I guess..he's faster.....all motor...I'll take him....

Mike P
07-06-2009, 03:59 AM
It ran a 11.8@119 ....had a slightly worn 3rd gear syncro at that time...had too lift to go into 3rd.
It had blueprinted and balanced engine... .40 over wiseco pistons with raised compression at 8.8to 1,eagle rods,ported polished heads,ported tb,2.5" piping. A PTP super60 turbo...a custom setup...a 70trim housing with a borgwarner extended tip compressor wheel,garret center section and a turbonectics stage 3 exhaust wheel.
Upgraded fuel pump,860cc injectors with a 1260cc dual nozzle methanol injection setup. Custom laptop tuning software,greddy profec b boost controller and a stage 3 clutch with a fidanza lightweight flywheel.

Many more...but that's the good stuff. just your basic 444whp/406wtq at 24psi skittle. I screwed up and used a oem head gasket....anything over 24 psi...it would blow by and pressurize the cooling system....blew it out.

As for the guy in montgomery....Low 12's...nice. On spray...I guess..he's faster.....all motor...I'll take him....

Damn nice SRT-4! You put a lot into that. Do you still have it? Looks like you had a lot of Stage 3 stuff on it.

High 11's...... Bad@ss! :)

13 QTR
07-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Damn nice SRT-4! You put a lot into that. Do you still have it? Looks like you had a lot of Stage 3 stuff on it.

High 11's...... Bad@ss! :)

No...I traded it for the G8. I got the meth kit and some of the suspension mods off first. After the gasket problem and the 3rd gear starting to go..I decided it was time to start a new project.
A 19 year old,working at the dealership bought it. About 2 months later..he tore out the clutch and grenaded the tranny. He got it covered under warranty...so new clutch and tranny. 2 days later...he missed a shift and snapped the crank and sent the reluctor wheel threw the oil pan....he traded it back to the dealership. They put in a stock short block with all the other stuff. The new owner is taking better care of it. I taught him how to tune it with the laptop.
If I wasn't trying to buy a new house...the G8 would be in the 11's. I think with a 'charlie' cam....it would be there...

penguin
07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I didn't realize that there were any cars in 'bama that weren't up on blocks in the front yard. :rofl:

I don't think I am aware of any relatives in the SE, so you must be from a different tribe.

Ennyway, welcome. :p

Moved to AL because of work. Originally from NJ. So, yah, not considered to be from the local tribe ;)

mario1956
09-13-2009, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE=R.Penguin;114083]I didn't realize that there were any cars in 'bama that weren't up on blocks in the front yard. :rofl:

Left Coast asswipe......................:poof: