PDA

View Full Version : Aeroforce or Dashhawk?

chuckwi11
06-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Opinions from those that have used either or both... have a Dashhawk in my 2008 TBSS. Have used it in the GXP but there aren't any mounting options. Seems that both do the same things and there is a cubby mount for the Aeroforce.

-Ray-
06-27-2009, 07:20 AM
There are a couple ways to go with the Dashhawk mounting.
I've seen guys use a windshield mount for an ipod or phone that will hold the dashhawk.
Charlie also has a mount for the cubby hole that works good.

VegasNate
06-27-2009, 09:50 AM
I have the Aeroforce set installed in the double hump pod. I love this setup and it looks factory with matching red/black display. I've never had a Dashhawk to compare it to though. If I had to find a dislike, it would be that in the daytime it can be difficult to read at times. On the plus side, each one has 2 analog inputs so you can monitor additional parameters from the Aeroforce gauges.

The Commodore
08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Where can I find a thread on what mounts I can use for the DashHawk?

GTPprix
08-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Dashhawk is a dead program that is no longer supported by its manufacturer (and I'm one of the guys who helped develop it lol) Get the Aeroforce.

GT-610
08-11-2009, 03:36 AM
Dashhawk is a dead program that is no longer supported by its manufacturer (and I'm one of the guys who helped develop it lol) Get the Aeroforce.

wow,good to know.So many members use it,though....hmmm.
I'm gonna check out this aeroforce...

Mike P
08-11-2009, 06:14 AM
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Aeroforce-SRT4-gauge-demo_143967.htm

The Commodore
08-13-2009, 12:10 PM

I love getting info like this after I have purchased an item. :/

GTPprix
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I love getting info like this after I have purchased an item. :/

That info is VERY old, this happened quite a bit ago.

nathanf2009
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I haven't read all what the Dashhawk/Aeroforce can do but what about the Scangauge II? http://www.scangauge.com/ When I had my xrunner they were all the rage. I've never personally owned one, but I heard great hings

Mlozano
08-13-2009, 02:31 PM
can you data log with the aeroforce, and play back with graphs?

GTPprix
08-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Scangauge sucks for any heavy vehicle specific support.

G8GT594
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Get both like i plan on doing LOL. I'm going to have Sellers install the gauges.

Mlozano
08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't think scanguage has the same features the dashhawk does:

-Playback Graphs on computer
-Read engine warnings
-clear engine warnings
-Same data log capabilites not just perforamance data

Mike P
08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Get both like i plan on doing LOL. I'm going to have Sellers install the gauges.

Good idea, I think I need to get at least one type of scan gauge. And I'll definitely have Sellers do the install............

nathanf2009
08-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Scangauge sucks for any heavy vehicle specific support.
Oh ok, didn't know

I don't think scanguage has the same features the dashhawk does:

-Playback Graphs on computer
-Read engine warnings
-clear engine warnings
-Same data log capabilites not just perforamance data

SCAN TOOL
The ScanGaugeII allows you to troubleshoot your own car, read error codes, and the conditions present when the error occurred. You can also turn off the “Check Engine” light and avoid those costly trips to the mechanic.

* Reads Trouble Codes
* Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code
* Clears Trouble Codes
* Turns off the "Check Engine" light
* Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing
* Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes
to send to the vehicle computer

:thumbsup:

Blackrider
08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
The Support of the DH has ended and I doubt I'll ever buy an MSD product again after they way they went about it, but I still like my Dash Hawk it still has its use.

Mlozano
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
BTW i don't think you can run dashhawk program on windows Vista or certain versions of it, i know for sure it doesn't work on my 64 bit machine.

The Commodore
08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
BTW i don't think you can run dashhawk program on windows Vista or certain versions of it, i know for sure it doesn't work on my 64 bit machine.

Seriously? Cause I am having a problem getting it to work on my 64bit program.

Well now I should of done more research instead of following the trend on this board. But, then again, the AeroForce are gauges and I really don't feel like buying an overpriced gauge cluster.

G8GT594
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Seriously? Cause I am having a problem getting it to work on my 64bit program.

Well now I should of done more research instead of following the trend on this board. But, then again, the AeroForce are gauges and I really don't feel like buying an overpriced gauge cluster.

Mine works just fine on 64 bit. If not run it in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode.

Mlozano
08-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I've tried it all and can't get it to work, there's a few people on dashhawk forum that posted on this, no one from MSD gave 3 fcks.

I just get and error "USB Interface Utility for the DashHawk has stoped working."

I have it running as XP SP2 and as admin. Nothing works.

The Commodore
08-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I have a Vista 32 bit system as well and will try it on that. I also have a XP sp2. Will try that if the 32 bit does not work.

Greg@PacePerformance
08-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Anyone interested in the Aeroforce gauges can shoot me a PM for prices. They are all custom ordered so it takes about a week to get them in stock.

I didn't know that about the Dashawk either. Thanks for info. I guess I really didn't need one anyway.

mi04se1
12-04-2009, 12:03 PM
The DH works on my 32 bit desktop, but not my 64 bit laptop.