PDA

View Full Version : stock airbox mod?

conipc
09-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Saw the thread about the lower panel mod; what's the other part about cutting the bottom of the airbox, and would this improve things without the lower panel mod?
Also have seen reference to opening up some rectangles on the intake airhorn---what's with this?

Chewy
09-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Many who can't afford a CAI system will pull out the stock filter and drill holes on the bottom of the filter box to allow the engine more air. Then right below the box behind the front bumper people will cut some of the plastic away to allow cold air up into the engine bay. You can drop a K&N into the stock box too if you like.

Some guys have cut away their intake mufflers and then fiberglassed over them to close the gaping hole.

IMO I would just save up and get a CAI. You'll gain more without all the damn hacking.:thumbsup:

wreckwriter
09-15-2008, 04:59 AM
IMO I would just save up and get a CAI. You'll gain more without all the damn hacking.:thumbsup:

100% agreed.

SRG963
09-15-2008, 05:51 AM
On the lower part of the stock air box there is a snorkle with 2 rectangles formed at the bottom. If you cut thoes out and cut out the lower panel, your stock box will have much more air flow.

Drilling holes into the bottom of the box, IMO, allows hot air from engine to get in. I suggest only the snorkle mod with LPM.

See the DIY section for picture