PDA

View Full Version : Mustang story from today

edmanet
06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Here's a Mustang story from today:
Its a rare occurrence that I'll run with someone on the street. But today going down this two lane road[one lane for each direction] I got stuck behind this old fart driving 20 mph under the speed limit. So there was a bunch of cars stuck in line behind us.
As as he gets ready to turn right this blue Mustang with white stripes and those big fog lights on the front and Shelby written all over the place pulls up next to me in the other lane going the wrong way. And the dummy wants to race. I mean I'm in my car a CD is playing Kid Rock, the a/c is running, and I'm not bother a soul.

He wouldn't let me alone so we go at it and I pull at least 15 cars on him before he knows what hits him in the face. I mean my car was running like crap. My IATs were at 113, my trans temp was at 205, and it was just hot out. He hangs back and turns.

Then about a mile down the road I turn onto a two lane road and start heading home. I'm just cruising at about 50mph. This pickup truck pulling a Ski-doo pulls up next to me and starts beeping at me. I look
over and he shows me a badge. And I think I'm f..ed.
But he slows us down and starts yelling out his window, You f..ing smoked that Mustang over and over and I can't believe you smoked him that bad.
What kind of pontiac is that ??
He's telling me how he loves Pontiacs and hates Mustangs while we're driving 30 in a 50 and holding up traffic. I don't know if he was serious but he said If I would have lost he would have pulled us over.

That's another reason I don't run on the streets.

fiveoh
06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Its a rare occurrence that I'll run with someone on the street. But today going down this two lane road[one lane for each direction] I got stuck behind this old fart driving 20 mph under the speed limit. So there was a bunch of cars stuck in line behind us.
As as he gets ready to turn right this blue Mustang with white stripes and those big fog lights on the front and Shelby written all over the place pulls up next to me in the other lane going the wrong way. And the dummy wants to race. I mean I'm in my car a CD is playing Kid Rock, the a/c is running, and I'm not bother a soul.

He wouldn't let me alone so we go at it and I pull at least 15 cars on him before he knows what hits him in the face. I mean my car was running like crap. My IATs were at 113, my trans temp was at 205, and it was just hot out. He hangs back and turns.

Then about a mile down the road I turn onto a two lane road and start heading home. I'm just cruising at about 50mph. This pickup truck pulling a Ski-doo pulls up next to me and starts beeping at me. I look
But he slows us down and starts yelling out his window, You f..ing smoked that Mustang over and over and I can't believe you smoked him that bad.
He's telling me how he loves Pontiacs and hates Mustangs while we're driving 30 in a 50 and holding up traffic. I don't know if he was serious but he said If I would have lost he would have pulled us over.

If he was pulling a ski-doo I doubt he was on duty and would have pulled anyone over. Nice kill thou. I hate this heat it kills my car.

UGotSmkd
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
If he was pulling a ski-doo I doubt he was on duty and would have pulled anyone over. Nice kill thou. I hate this heat it kills my car.

You're not lying. It hit 106 on my way home from work today, but the car still ran strong.

Punisher
06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
The clouds looked promising today but nope not a drop...well at least the area where I work at...290 and 43rd

Mike P
06-25-2009, 10:49 PM

That's an awesome story Roy..... Very funny too! :)
You put that Mustang in it's place! :)

DewieJr
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Awesome that you killed that mustang.

Cop couldn't have pulled you over with his truck/sea doo....reported you at best is all he could have done.

p71
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Awesome that you killed that mustang.

Cop couldn't have pulled you over with his truck/sea doo....reported you at best is all he could have done.

Dunno about that... lots of jurisdictions allow first responders to have wig wags and lights on their POVs. You have lights come on behind you and you are required to yield even if it is not a marked unit.

My buddy was a volunteer firefighter. He had a pink 4x4 regular cab s-10 with a red light on the roof. Everyone stopped for him.

01350ta
06-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Good story, nice kill on the tang.

BigRob
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
nice kill! i dont know too much about stangs, was it supercharged?

jimmytt6
06-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Nice kill of that sh!tstang!!!

catalina421
06-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Even if i were to get beaten by a mustang I at least know i have the better looking car.