PDA

View Full Version : Cannibalism

TuefelG8
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
A few days ago blackoutgt called me up and told me he wanted to show me a curvy road out in the country by Navasota and try out his new vararam. Since I just got my Pedders track II I wanted to see what is could do so we met up and I followed him out there. It was about 104 outside and after 40min or so of absolutely insane driving we headed back to town. The cars needed to cool off as my brakes were practically worthless by this point. I don't know exactly how far we went, but I do know that I was 100+ on most straightaways and was flying around curves at nowhere near the posted recommended speeds. I had no idea where the road was going at times so was a little hesitant to push it too hard at points but this drive was about fun not who finished first.

When we got back into town the first chance we got Sam lined up his mostly stock GT next to me and as soon as the light turned green my little extra torque helped me immediately pull a couple lengths. We couldn't go far as traffic was starting to pick up but he put up a noble fight, and probably caught a little mod bug. Sorry Sam...
But I will say that his car handled very well bone stock through the twisties. Props to Sam on his driving skills too. It was a great road with only a couple other cars on it that were both coming the other way. A jeep that pulled out in front of me and as soon as he did a dead dove flew out of the back. He turned around to go get it. I'm sure he wasn't poaching or anything...

GeoffA
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
It was dinner, are you sure it wasn't a Penguin?

DewieJr
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Penguin tastes gooooooood!

01350ta
06-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Amazing what a few mods can do.

blackoutgt
06-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I think I was amazed most at how much nick's G8 squatted down and flew out from the light, I now know the potential power of these cars, and let's say, well, my list of mods just got a little longer. Congrats on a cannibalistic kill, I know I had fun :boxing:

austin
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
i think i have rode my bike down that road does it go from north of Navasota to Carlos FM 3013 i think goes right by yankee's tavern if so a very cool road lots of hills and tight corners watch the DPS out there!!!

blackoutgt
06-26-2009, 09:02 PM
sounds like the one. True on the po-po, although I didn't see any that day. When I went out there the first time I saw a guy on his bike pulled over... poor fellow...