PDA

View Full Version : My Stock G8 vs. SRT8 Challenger

LastMohican
06-23-2009, 05:14 AM
So, on Satruday, I'm rolling to the benefit for ChadMod (Any of you in Houston probably know this sad story) and as I'm hitting the ramp for Beltway 8 off of I-10 I see a black SRT8 Challenger a few cars ahead.

As we flatten out on 8, we've got a light traffic pattern so I pull even with him; he's in right lane and I'm two over. We're at about a 60 roll. The second he looks over and sees me; he jumps.

Obviously, this is nothing more than a "top end" comparison but here's the good news: he only slowly; and I mean slowly, walked me. I was very surprised. I figured he would flat leave but it just didn't happen. I don't know (obviously) how he geared but I KNOW he went wide open.

Bottom line: once I add the Vararam and a dyno tune; I'd run him again in a second.

For what it's worth.

cobrakid
06-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Those Challengers are pretty quick from a roll, but a dog off the line.
I am a bit surprised you hung that good from a roll. Cool though!

They have like 3.08s or something in the rear. They suck!

If they woulda gave them 3.73s, they would have been really quick.

They are supposed to be the flagship......3.73s would probably make them run 12.9s in the quarter instead of the weak 13.3s-13.5s they are turning.

fiveoh
06-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Nice race but post up on the racing forum next time!

MANOFSTEEL69
06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
MOPARs are GRRRR8 snacks! :)
BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Mike P
06-23-2009, 10:00 AM
So, on Satruday, I'm rolling to the benefit for ChadMod (Any of you in Houston probably know this sad story) and as I'm hitting the ramp for Beltway 8 off of I-10 I see a black SRT8 Challenger a few cars ahead.

As we flatten out on 8, we've got a light traffic pattern so I pull even with him; he's in right lane and I'm two over. We're at about a 60 roll. The second he looks over and sees me; he jumps.

Obviously, this is nothing more than a "top end" comparison but here's the good news: he only slowly; and I mean slowly, walked me. I was very surprised. I figured he would flat leave but it just didn't happen. I don't know (obviously) how he geared but I KNOW he went wide open.

Bottom line: once I add the Vararam and a dyno tune; I'd run him again in a second.

For what it's worth.

Nice story. Yep, get your Vararam & ECM/TCM tune and you should be able to hand him his lunch. :)

StandFast85
06-23-2009, 11:37 AM
A couple days ago I watched an SRT8 Challenger run 14.5's in 1/4 all night long...

It was hot as piss though....

LastMohican
06-23-2009, 02:51 PM
A couple days ago I watched an SRT8 Challenger run 14.5's in 1/4 all night long...

I ran a 13.9 and it was hotter than all get out!

G8U
06-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Mohican, I ran an identical one and we were dead even till about 110 and I had him by about a car right at our limiter. I just have exhaust removal with test pipes

LastMohican
06-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Mohican, I ran an identical one and we were dead even till about 110 and I had him by about a car right at our limiter. I just have exhaust removal with test pipes

THAT is what I'm talking about!:spank:

LEETHL
09-02-2009, 01:16 AM
THAT is what I'm talking about!:spank:

LastMohican you like livin on the edge. I have read a couple of posts of yours and you are rollin up on everyone. Isnt the penalties for Street Racing in Texas pretty stiff? I do it but man you seem to be at it like crazy:urock:

LastMohican
09-08-2009, 08:24 AM
LastMohican you like livin on the edge. I have read a couple of posts of yours and you are rollin up on everyone. Isnt the penalties for Street Racing in Texas pretty stiff? I do it but man you seem to be at it like crazy:urock:
I was sick with it when I first got the car. I'm better now but I'm not cured!:nah:

I'm trying to behave and save it for the track. We'll see.

Sycosis
01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
We have both cars except my challenger has the six speed. I have also owned a 06 Charger SRT8 and it ran 12.91 with only diablo tune. While the G8 is quick I have no doubt the Challenger will easy beat the G8 in the 1/4 mile. Both are awesome cars. Its amazing that the G8 has even more rear seat room and is more comfortable then either the charger or challenger.

-Ray-
01-03-2010, 05:48 AM
We have both cars except my challenger has the six speed. I have also owned a 06 Charger SRT8 and it ran 12.91 with only diablo tune. While the G8 is quick I have no doubt the Challenger will easy beat the G8 in the 1/4 mile. Both are awesome cars. Its amazing that the G8 has even more rear seat room and is more comfortable then either the charger or challenger.

I'm now reconsidering my New Years resolutions.

AZG8GT
02-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I tried racing a challenger the other day but he didnt want to play :(

wnt2gofst
02-25-2010, 02:28 PM

I dont know i handed a srt8 challenger his ass at the track and on the street. Now stock he would beat me with the right driver. The one at track had cold air, tune, and udp. he ran constant 13.1.

LastMohican..Nice story. ya when i first modded my car i was street racing every thing. now once been to track i am slowly getting out of it. has to be something worth racing..

familycaronROIDS!
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
G8 is an overachiever..

Most SRT8's in my opinion are underachievers..

m1tankr
02-25-2010, 06:29 PM
G8 is an overachiever..

Most SRT8's in my opinion are underachievers..
Very true, at least as far as the drivers go. It seems more often than not, the SRT badge is sort of like the M badge for BMW. The cars are quick, not necessarily the driver & they are really proud of the badge.

JoeSyko
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm so torn by this thread.

IcePickFreak
02-27-2010, 02:47 PM

Got any pics of the Challenger other than the sig? I didn't know they were doing plum crazy on them at all.

familycaronROIDS!
02-27-2010, 03:13 PM

LOL :boxing::nutkick::cheers:

I was waiting for your response...... I hope to see you tomorrow not to race just to hang out..:cheers:

PMD G8
02-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Still......

CenTexSS
02-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I dont know i handed a srt8 challenger his ass at the track and on the street. Now stock he would beat me with the right driver. The one at track had cold air, tune, and udp. he ran constant 13.1.

LastMohican..Nice story. ya when i first modded my car i was street racing every thing. now once been to track i am slowly getting out of it. has to be something worth racing..

There's a couple quick Challenger R/T's that go to Academy, but I think they're both S/C, and only turning higher 12's.

There's a bumblebee srt8 charger of whatever they call them that goes to academy, with bolt ons, stall, and DR's and I've only seen him run low 13's :facepalm2:

deputycrawford
03-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I would love to have a Challenger SRT8. I actually would have bought one if I could afford it. They are beautiful and have possibilities. I love my GT and my GTO. I would add a Challenger but not trade for one at this point. I guess I just love all cars.

Jerry