PDA

View Full Version : Old GXP and New GXP

MoonPie
06-22-2009, 02:52 PM
The red one is my first GXP I totalled, RIP, the MGM is my current G8 GXP, and hopefully only G8 for awhile...

tacwhoc
06-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Shit!!! What happened!!!

GT G8
06-22-2009, 07:04 PM
+1. Do tell.

Pictures of said "total" please.

MoonPie
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Well I can't remember what happened, spent three days in a coma, bruised my frontal lobe and broke my lower lumbar; barely remember the month of may. I had Bridgestone Potenza's on the car, absolutely shitty on anything other than dry pavement. Now I have Goodyear Eagle RSA's, and I can say I have noticed a difference, especially when driving in the rain. I think I went through a puddle, started fishtailing and caught on dry pavement and shot towards the gutter. I have one pick of the wreck and thats from an online newspaper article about it:

JerzeyGT
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Holy shit!!!!!!!

Mbower
06-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Holy shit!!!!!!!

Holy shit is right.

bobyoung
06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah these cars are not real good in rain even with traction control on and I have the 18" all season tires on mine. I had the traction control off one day and it started fishtailing as I shifted into third somewhere between 60 and 80 mph while the road was wet pulling onto a highway after work. I expected it as I went around the sharp corner onto the highway in 2nd but the 3rd gear fishtail scared me as I didn't expect it. I will not shut off traction control unless it's dry now, (or if I want a little fun taking off on a wet day going straight), it's too hard to control once it breaks out from under you when it's wet. Good thing you're still with us.

shaunfin24
06-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Found the link to article with a little searching if you dont mind me posting it

http://www.winchesterstar.com/showarticle_new.php?sID=6&foldername=20090502&file=accidentpic_article.html

izayn
06-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Wow that MGM GXP is really saying something...I'm going to have to say its the best color on that Model....
The others look okay but the gray really gives it a different life.....

On the other side I'm happy your okay and still driving enjoy and be safe!

MoonPie
06-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Found the link to article with a little searching if you dont mind me posting it

http://www.winchesterstar.com/showarticle_new.php?sID=6&foldername=20090502&file=accidentpic_article.html

think that'll just buff right out?

MoonPie
06-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Wow that MGM GXP is really saying something...I'm going to have to say its the best color on that Model....

mmm, a fellow MGMer eh....i like the color, not arrest me red anymore...

shaunfin24
06-23-2009, 09:23 AM
think that'll just buff right out?

yea it will come out with no time haa glad to see you are ok looks like pretty bad crash

99-LS1-SS
06-23-2009, 09:33 AM
mmm, a fellow MGMer eh....i like the color, not arrest me red anymore...

I wish I had the will power to wait for the gray GXP's to come out. That is my favorite color.

MoonPie
06-23-2009, 04:12 PM
yea it will come out with no time haa glad to see you are ok looks like pretty bad crash

Yeah, I'm glad and mad I don't remember it. On one hand I wont have any reservations about driving while its wet out, on the other I wish I new what happened so I can prevent it in the future. But, the important thing is I'm walking, talking and still driving a G8. I didn't kill anyone (mysefl included) and will soon return to work (July 6th). I'm lucky as all I did was lose my car, It could have been much worse.

AL@G8R
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Amen, glad you made it out in one piece!:boobs:

There are only 78 MGM GXP's! So you're one of the few and proud!:space:

WhyteSS
06-24-2009, 09:06 AM
I liked the red one better, but a GXP in any color looks great !!! Glad you made it out of that still intact, WOW.

'02 ws6
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah these cars are not real good in rain even with traction control on and I have the 18" all season tires on mine. I had the traction control off one day and it started fishtailing as I shifted into third somewhere between 60 and 80 mph while the road was wet pulling onto a highway after work.

Not to be a dick, but this was more your fault then the car's. Shifting into third between 60-80 means your were on it pretty good, which is not a very smart idea in wet conditions, in ANY car.

Eyemuffs: Good to see you're back on your feet and recovered, and still in a G8 no less!