PDA

View Full Version : The Lynnwood gtg thread is kinda FUBAR!

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I'll try to recover somewhat here! :nah:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg156/pingucof/12g8s1.jpg

12 GXP's/G8's all in a row!
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=107530&posted=1#post107530

That looks good. For sure no dealer ever had a row like that.

So, to add insult to injury to the deadbutt SW guys in Texas who probably spent their Friday evening in the back yard kicking road apples around, I will now throw out a very (what else?) obnoxious challenge.

To wit. Sooooooooo, here we are, up here right next to Alaska where there are maybe 13-14 total G8's in the entire 4 Northwestern states. And, in a driving torrential mist, the likes of which would have had the 'Texas boys' scurrying to get their cars under cover :rofl:, the brave, handsome, stunning, well behaved (of course our women & children were with us! Duh??) and intrepid NW gang manage to put an even dozen (count 'em - 12) spectacularly modded and polished G8's, GXP's in a perfect row! All this while being tempted by the smell of cheap greasy tacos and burritos (burp) and having to chase 'stanger wannabe's' out of our hard won territory! The 'stang boys were so in awe of our numbers and cars, they finally fled the scene making those odd, raspy noises that Ford toy engines make.:p Even more daunting, although some of the clan drove for hours in a monsoon to be here, as any true NW G8 aficionado would do, we were forced to wait for hours OUTSIDE Red Robin in order to feed our familys.:windy:

(OK, I would have had second thoughts about letting this rowdy gang inside too.)

Finally, after putting up a large stack of dinero as a bond, we were allowed inside, ordered and, after allowing other customers to leave or move far away, ate just short of starvations door.

No doubt I missed many interesting and dangerous episodes since penguins always arrive fashionably late.

I hope others will post some of the dastardly deeds attempted by the competition, and some of the openly hostile incidents that occured.

In closing, I must allow the SW contingent an out, since we all know that they could never pull anything like this off. They are, after all, fellow Grrrr8'ers. :nah:.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?p=107738&posted=1#post107738

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know wha happened? :no:

grandmacpubah
06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
written as only the penguin can write it. He fails to mention that there was a collective mob running to meet him as he came to see if he was real. It was like celebrity arriving lol

GRRRR8
06-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I would expect a BIG Texas meet late this summer. Its too hot to do shit here this time of year. :hang:

grandmacpubah
06-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know wha happened? :no:

huh? what happened?

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 05:56 PM
written as only the penguin can write it. He fails to mention that there was a collective mob running to meet him as he came to see if he was real. It was like celebrity arriving lol
Frightened the sh*t out of me too! I thought we were being car-jacked! :p

My real people disguise holds up fairly well. :rofl:

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I would expect a BIG Texas meet late this summer. Its too hot to do shit here this time of year. :hang:
Aw Charlie, I really expected better.:p But since such weather is inconceivable to us here in the polar regions, um................................................ ..............OK. :(

grandmacpubah
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM

it's what we call in software...vaporware....:nah:

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM
huh? what happened?

I don't know!! Some of the posts seemed to jump to another thread with 17-18 pages. I got so effing confused I had to take a nap.:p

ANY excuse for a nap is a good excuse!:sleeping:

R.Penguin
06-21-2009, 06:07 PM
it's what we call in software...vaporware....:nah:
I'm glad someone said that! :rofl:

MissNaySimon
06-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes. Penguin is a real person. :D

Don't worry, we still one advantage over the SoCal/texas people - We had a GXP at our meet. :)

Executor999
06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Nice turn out! I'll definitely try to make the next one. It's a little farther out for me. If it's on a weekday I'll take work off. Perhaps my cam and header upgrade will be done by then! :devil:

Ben2009GT
06-22-2009, 05:56 AM
I had a great time meeting 10 other G8 GT and Yes 1 GXP. It was nice to meet people who had the same respect for there GT's as I do. Great turn out even from a Texan who doesn't like bad weather.

08G8V8
06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
I had a great time meeting 10 other G8 GT and Yes 1 GXP. It was nice to meet people who had the same respect for there GT's as I do. Great turn out even from a Texan who doesn't like bad weather.

Hey Ben, I saw you yesterday in Puyallup driving down the main strip there. I was going to honk, but I was in my truck and you probably would have had no clue it was me! I also saw a black GT getting off of HWY 167 just north of Puyallup.

Jeff

Ben2009GT
06-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey Ben, I saw you yesterday in Puyallup driving down the main strip there. I was going to honk, but I was in my truck and you probably would have had no clue it was me! I also saw a black GT getting off of HWY 167 just north of Puyallup.

Jeff Hello Jeff you should have tried to get my attention, There's a Black GT thats always parked across the street from Arby's during the week here on South Hill.

BobtheMonkee
06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
man, what a good time that was....nice write up there penguin...glad you didnt mention anything about my hamburger at RR ;)

looking forward to the next meet!!! hopefully we'll have MORE next time!

Now pass them cards out!

'02 ws6
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow, that's pretty remarkable! Nice pic. What were the local's responses like?

R.Penguin
06-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Wait Ben!!!!! What bad weather?? You mean that mist? :p

R.Penguin
06-28-2009, 06:59 PM
man, what a good time that was....nice write up there penguin...glad you didnt mention anything about my hamburger at RR ;)

looking forward to the next meet!!! hopefully we'll have MORE next time!

Now pass them cards out!
That was a hamburger? I thought you had the "Side 'o beef" platter. :rofl:

R.Penguin
06-28-2009, 07:07 PM

Don't worry, we still one advantage over the SoCal/texas people - We had a GXP at our meet. :)
Iz feexed Miz Nay!

R.Penguin
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheMonkee
I'll even let you stick your finger in my ranch.

I fear that no good can come from this quote.:p