PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 mile run log

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm still learning how to read these things. Those who are better at it, see anything glaring in this one? Its a 1/8 mile run. Air temp was over 90 which accounts for a few of the issues. ET was around 7.80.

norm8332
06-21-2009, 05:47 AM
You need a better config for your VCM scanner. Give this one a try. I captures allot more parms. It's the one I use.

I can see something happen at the top of 1st. Looks like the RPMs bounced.

Had to zip it for the board to accept.

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks, I'll check the config out!

Yea, it tapped the limiter at top of first.

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 07:38 AM
The chart doesn't show all parameters. I KNOW I saw somewhere how to make it do so but damn if I can find it.

norm8332
06-21-2009, 07:49 AM
The chart doesn't show all parameters. I KNOW I saw somewhere how to make it do so but damn if I can find it.

Did you record a scan with that config? It won't show additional data for your old scan because the params weren't recorded.

I think there are also some configs also posted on the HP Tuners forum.

I got that one from another user, I liked it bacause it showed the absolute throttle position instead of tps% and requested AFR among other things.

Devilish34
06-21-2009, 07:49 AM

I can't open that file what was it logged with?

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Did you record a scan with that config? It won't show additional data for your old scan because the params weren't recorded.

I think there are also some configs also posted on the HP Tuners forum.

I got that one from another user, I liked it bacause it showed the absolute throttle position instead of tps% and requested AFR among other things.

Not yet with yours. I'm looking for IAT, I saw it before and it shows on the gauges view. I'm just dummying something....

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't open that file what was it logged with?

HPTuners.

Devilish34
06-21-2009, 09:10 AM
HPTuners.

Wasn't sure if some how you got a working version of Vectors scanner that we're all waiting for

wreckwriter
06-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Wasn't sure if some how you got a working version of Vectors scanner that we're all waiting for

No but I'm sure Kirk has been working hard on that and will have it done soon.

g8_795
06-27-2009, 05:37 AM
Wreck,
I am gone for a month and I come back and you went with HPTuners. That is great. I love mine. Get that to the track to dial in that 1st->2nd shift point if you haven't done it already. I had to set my shift point all the way down to 21.3 MPH to get it to shift right.

You timing seems very low but maybe that is where it should be since your not NA????

I attached a log of my run.

How are you liking the tuning software?
-Robert

wreckwriter
06-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Wreck,
I am gone for a month and I come back and you went with HPTuners. That is great. I love mine. Get that to the track to dial in that 1st->2nd shift point if you haven't done it already. I had to set my shift point all the way down to 21.3 MPH to get it to shift right.

You timing seems very low but maybe that is where it should be since your not NA????

I attached a log of my run.

How are you liking the tuning software?
-Robert

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Its great to be able to make tweaks on the spot and test right then! I've got 3 trans tunes waiting to be tested, maybe today but rain is likely.

I haven't messed with timing or any of the other big engine stuff. Jeremy set it up to be very safe so he left a bit on the table. That's ok, I'll be in the 11s next run anyway :)

shane
06-27-2009, 10:46 AM
where and how are u guys getting times off the logs?

norm8332
06-27-2009, 11:05 AM

Wreck has a blower. Yes the timing is normally lower with a blower.

shane
06-27-2009, 11:42 AM
NVM figured it all out

wreckwriter
06-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Here's 1/4 mile version: