PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW Ohio

z51l9889
02-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi. I'm new to the G8 world. I just picked up my 09 Stryker Blue GT with Premium Package a few hours ago.

These cars have to be one of the best kept performance and value secrets in history! I drove the car away for 26500 + TTL. My wife wasn't real excited about taking on a car payment, but the car is so comfortable that she changed her mind about 2 miles into a test drive.

This car will be an excellent stable mate for my 89 Corvette that is currently receiving a 500+ HP 383.

I drive 40 miles one way to work in a carpool. The interior space and comfort is a major reason for my purchase (not to mention RWD and the LSx motor :)). I'm coming out of a 2002 Lexus IS300 which gets 23 MPG on 93 octane with three 200+ lb guys in the car. I should easily be able to beat that based on what I've read and on 87 octane to boot. I'm actually looking forward to next week's commute.

My dealer told me that they have sold 7 GT's in the last week, so the news on this fine auto is finally starting to get out.

Featherburner
02-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Welcome. Nice color choice. It's the fastest color.

r33pwrd
02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
welcome from the Northwest! I work in Boise for a few days a month!

MANOFSTEEL69
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome!

GRRRR8
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome!

bigtreepu
02-27-2009, 10:27 PM
welcome neighbor....I'm from SW Ohio as well. 30 min north of Cincy. enjoy your new ride.

-Ray-
02-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

NWOG8
02-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Welcome!

GM_Fan
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Welcome.

EC-Ryder
03-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! :prostock:

99-LS1-SS
03-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome!

Tate
03-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Howdy and welcome!
Tate

SRG963
03-04-2009, 04:38 AM
WeLcOmE:D

foreosu
03-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Welcome - I'm a fellow SW Ohioian as well. I'll be on the lookout for your BEAUtiful Stryker Blue on the road (I'm glad that color wasn't out when I bought mine because it would have made for a very tough decision).

Don't get your hopes up about the mpg vs your IS300. Just my opinion, but I doubt you'll acheive it. With a few people in the car and highway driving, I'm guessing you'll get about 21mpg. Mixed driving I get about 18-19.

Congrats on your car. You're gonna love it

r33pwrd
03-04-2009, 08:23 AM
I did a drive last week (all freeways about 100 miles each way) with 2 BIG buys in the car and we got 23.X doing 64-73mph with cruise control! On my way back with just me I got even better!

z51l9889
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I've run one tank of gas so far and I averaged 17.8 (the DIC was the same as actual) with about 60% highway and a bunch of idling. I figure I need to get 3-4K miles on it before the mileage figures really mean anything, but I'm not unhappy at all with the first tank averege.

Foreosu -- you will probably see my car sooner than you think. I live in Centerville in the neighborhood across from Planet Ford (up on the hill behind the condos). I'll be watching for yours too.

TooManyHobbies
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey! That is my car 09 Stryker Blue with Premium.
Hey! I live in SW Ohio as well.
In Monroe, but commute to West Chester every day.
I will keep an eye out for my twin car.

foreosu
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I've run one tank of gas so far and I averaged 17.8 (the DIC was the same as actual) with about 60% highway and a bunch of idling. I figure I need to get 3-4K miles on it before the mileage figures really mean anything, but I'm not unhappy at all with the first tank averege.

Foreosu -- you will probably see my car sooner than you think. I live in Centerville in the neighborhood across from Planet Ford (up on the hill behind the condos). I'll be watching for yours too.

Wow, small world! My mom lives on Edel Weiss (sp?) and I live just down the street from Five Seasons off Possum Run. I look forward to runnin into you sometime.

That Marathon there on the corner of 725 and Wilmington has a great touchless car wash, in case you're looking for one and have never used it. It works well for getting the salt/grime off when its too cold to handwash outside yourself.

z51l9889
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM
That Marathon there on the corner of 725 and Wilmington has a great touchless car wash, in case you're looking for one and have never used it. It works well for getting the salt/grime off when its too cold to handwash outside yourself.

I used it yesterday. :)

z51l9889
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey! That is my car 09 Stryker Blue with Premium.
Hey! I live in SW Ohio as well.
In Monroe, but commute to West Chester every day.
I will keep an eye out for my twin car.

Our paths may cross. I work in Hamilton ...

Actually, I saw a Stryker Blue GT at the Kroger MarketPlace Gas station on Cin-Day Rd. at 129 about 7:15 Monday Morning. You, perhaps?

TooManyHobbies
03-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Our paths may cross. I work in Hamilton ...

Actually, I saw a Stryker Blue GT at the Kroger MarketPlace Gas station on Cin-Day Rd. at 129 about 7:15 Monday Morning. You, perhaps?

Not I, but I have filled up there. That makes 3 in the area, but I have never seen another one on the road.

GrandPrix98GT
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome! You're not too far down the road from me, I live in the Riverside/Beavercreek area. I also have a stryker blue GT.

bigtreepu
03-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Hey All...
I live in Hamilton...and my car is in West Chester daily. I have seen a stryker on Muhlhauser Rd.....my buddy has seen it in his blue GTO as well when coming down I75 from Monroe. Do you work in the Contech building? Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys around. I've seen an IOM around here @ bridgewater falls @ the Target as well, more than once, but it has Indiana plates from Kokomo.

~Matt

forgot to add I have a MGM

bigtreepu
03-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Welcome! You're not too far down the road from me, I live in the Riverside/Beavercreek area. I also have a stryker blue GT.

I have a buddy I visit in the Beavercreek area occasionally, so hopefully I may bump into you guys! He lives off of Indian Ripple/Dorothy Lane.

~Matt

foreosu
03-06-2009, 05:30 AM
This is pretty cool - so many other G8s near me, but I very rarely see any. The 3 times I've been side-by-side with one on the road, its always some old guy who pays no attention to me as I'm flashing my lights and honking my horn! lol, probably thinks I'm nuts.

SLVRG8GT
03-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Excellent choice of cars! :) Congrats and :welcome: to a GRRRR8 forum!

TooManyHobbies
03-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Hey All...
I live in Hamilton...and my car is in West Chester daily. I have seen a stryker on Muhlhauser Rd.....my buddy has seen it in his blue GTO as well when coming down I75 from Monroe. Do you work in the Contech building? Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys around. I've seen an IOM around here @ bridgewater falls @ the Target as well, more than once, but it has Indiana plates from Kokomo.

~Matt

forgot to add I have a MGM

That was me! I work in the building right next to the Contech building off of Muhlhauser. I also remember eyeing that blue GTO a week or two ago as I was going to work.

GrandPrix98GT
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
This is pretty cool - so many other G8s near me, but I very rarely see any. The 3 times I've been side-by-side with one on the road, its always some old guy who pays no attention to me as I'm flashing my lights and honking my horn! lol, probably thinks I'm nuts.

I've done that to. I've rolled my window down to wave at a silver GT before and it was a middle aged lady. Another time, it was for a red V6 and was an elderly lady.
I am in Bellbrook maybe twice a week, so maybe I'll run into you there, if not somewhere else around here.

GrandPrix98GT
03-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I have a buddy I visit in the Beavercreek area occasionally, so hopefully I may bump into you guys! He lives off of Indian Ripple/Dorothy Lane.

~Matt

Yeah hopefully.. I have yet to see another G8 enthusiast here. I work in Beavercreek, just off of North Fairfield Road, so maybe I'll see you around.

bigtreepu
03-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I work in the back of the huff realty/Mesh building if you ever wanna see mine back there....parked daily M-F..... Msg me and we can meet up for a beer sometime. My buddy w/ the GTO works w/ me too, and he drives it only in the summer. You'll probably see a lot more of it in the coming months! He has it lowered w/ a Pedders suspension. Very clean car.
~Matt

bigtreepu
03-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I've done that to. I've rolled my window down to wave at a silver GT before and it was a middle aged lady. Another time, it was for a red V6 and was an elderly lady.
I am in Bellbrook maybe twice a week, so maybe I'll run into you there, if not somewhere else around here.

maybe we should have a GRRRR8 sticker we can identify other board members with....I have flagged down random old people as well...that have no idea what I'm doing. There is a bright red G8 in my neighborhood as well, but upon closer inspection, it's a V6 driven by a Granny. One of my neighbors does have a Dodge Magnum and a CTS-V in his garage. I'm trying to figure out a normal way to meet him w/ out seeming stalkerish! lol. Long rant. :threadjacked:

mark
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Matt,

I'm pretty sure I saw your G8 last weekend. It would've been sunday afternoon(i think) out on the corner of princeton and bypass 4. I was headed to home depot in my wife's highlander, and there was an mgm a few cars in front of me in the left lane. It pulled in at the light by hh gregg when I pulled into the depot.

If that wasn't you, there's another mgm lurking around the fairfield twp and liberty twp area. I did see an mgm maybe a month ago or so at the corner of lesourdesville west chester rd and hamilton mason, at the 4 way stop. That also may have been you. I was in my G8 that time.

I know we talked about being near each other at that other board, as I'm just a few miles down the rd. from you. I still haven't seen many other G8s around the area though, even though, according to this thread, they're migrating down from the dayton/centerville area daily.

I still haven't seen the IOM around bridgewater falls though.

By the way, it looks like this is my first official post over here, despite lurking around for quite a bit.

bigtreepu
03-07-2009, 03:42 AM
Matt,

I'm pretty sure I saw your G8 last weekend. It would've been sunday afternoon(i think) out on the corner of princeton and bypass 4. I was headed to home depot in my wife's highlander, and there was an mgm a few cars in front of me in the left lane. It pulled in at the light by hh gregg when I pulled into the depot.

That was definitely me!!!!

If that wasn't you, there's another mgm lurking around the fairfield twp and liberty twp area. I did see an mgm maybe a month ago or so at the corner of lesourdesville west chester rd and hamilton mason, at the 4 way stop. That also may have been you. I was in my G8 that time.

Fairly certain that was me if it was Monday night. Can't believe I missed your G8. I keep an eye out. I play basketball on Monday nights, and pick a friend up who lives off of Hamilton Mason, right before the hill, probably about half mile from where you saw me(Lakota Ridge subby) :)

I know we talked about being near each other at that other board, as I'm just a few miles down the rd. from you. I still haven't seen many other G8s around the area though, even though, according to this thread, they're migrating down from the dayton/centerville area daily.

I still haven't seen the IOM around bridgewater falls though.

By the way, it looks like this is my first official post over here, despite lurking around for quite a bit.

The very bright blue one around my office is very hard to miss, but other than that, not really many sightings here either......
Anyway, hope to catch up w/ ya soon.

~Matt

bigtreepu
03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
and also.....welcome to the forums. i rarely visit over there anymore, so I'm sorry if I may have ignored any msgs.....not sure if i told you on the other forums, but i live behind home depot in Walden Ponds.
~Matt

-Ray-
03-07-2009, 03:46 AM
You guys need to set something up in the regional section.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-07-2009, 04:18 AM
How about we move it to the Midwest section! ;)

-Ray-
03-07-2009, 05:06 AM
There you go. Now you can continue your thread here.

kevinm0131
03-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome and greetings from o-ville...hope to see some of ya around the area soon.
I get into the Hamilton, West Chester, Fairfield areas pretty regularly so be on the look out for my Sport Red GXP!
Kevin

bigtreepu
06-19-2009, 09:09 PM
cool! Would love to check out your car. I haven't been in a ride in a GXP. I'm curious of the difference. I live off of Bypass 4, work in W. Chester, so I'm always traveling to and fro between those two places.
~Matt

kevinm0131
06-21-2009, 07:14 PM
bigtree,

What type/color of G8 do you have? I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Kevin

bigtreepu
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
2009 GT MGM - Sport & Premium package.

kevinm0131
06-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I'll keep me eyes peeled for ya!
Kevin

G8 GT V8
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
I'll keep my eyes open for you guys. I live in Fairfield and have a Maverick Silver GT with "G8 GT V8" on my license plate.

kevinm0131
07-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey Lake,
I'll keep an eye out for you. G8 as described in my sig oh plate GR8 GXP.
Cheers,
Kevin

G8 GT V8
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Kevin,

Cool plate. Hope to see that beautiful GXP running around here. Just don't blow my doors off :)

Marty

bigtreepu
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
We oughta get a meet setup. There are like 5 of us within 10 minutes of each other. When we goin' out for beers?

G8 GT V8
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
There's typically a cruise-in every Tuesday night at Jungle Jim's on the south end of the complex near Wings n Rings by Barbeque City (I think that's what it's called). The cruise-in typically has newer vettes there so it's not restricted to just older cars. Might be a good place to meet up. I know wings n rings sells beer :)

Also there's a cruise in on the west side of Hamilton on Saturday evenings on Main street across from Sonic.

So we have a few scheduled options, but I'm pretty much game anytime.

Marty

G8 GT V8
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Any of you guys have an aftermarket axle back exhaust system? I'm in the market, but would like to hear some different ones (in person) before doing multiple $500 experimental exhaust changes. Just curious...

Marty

bigtreepu
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
awesome. I only live 10 mins from Jungle Jim's. I'm out of town next week, but I'm gonna try to start making it down there. Hope to see you guys there.
(I live on east side of Hamilton) (Walden Ponds)

mark
07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Any of you guys have an aftermarket axle back exhaust system? I'm in the market, but would like to hear some different ones (in person) before doing multiple $500 experimental exhaust changes. Just curious...

Marty

I've got the magnaflow axle backs. They started out fairly loud and drone-y, but have calmed down quite a bit as they've been broken in. I think they're a good balance. It's a nice rumble now. I didn't want anything too loud, and the interior drone is manageable, but could be bad on long highway trips--but I can always put the stock mufflers back on for those.

mark
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm also only about 10-15 minutes away from jungle jim's, so that would be a good place to meet up.

G8 GT V8
07-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Mark,

I'd love to see and hear your car. I should be able to make it to Jungle Jim's on Tuesday.

mark
07-11-2009, 06:49 AM
What time does the cruise-in usually start? I should be able to make it out there tuesday, as long as the weather's nice.

G8 GT V8
07-11-2009, 07:59 AM
I believe it starts around 5:00 or so and typically lasts until 8:00 or later. I've been a few times with my old camaro and sometimes there's a good turn out and sometimes not so good.

Yeah, if the weather is bad, I wouldn't be going either. I probably wouldn't be able to get there until 6:00.

kevinm0131
07-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Hey Guys,
If weathers good tommorow night I may try and make it too. Probably be after 6 by the time I get home, and get back on the road headin towards JJ's. Only probably is based on how I feel. made a left coast junket Thursday - last night...
Kevin

DewieJr
07-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Hey guys, I'm just a bit north of you in Centerville, Ohio. We have meets up in this area with a group that runs 13's and faster every Saturday night. We meetup around 10pm at a approved parking lot adjacent to a Sonic. Fast cars and good car guys! I'd love to meet you guys down that way, and would also love to have you guys come up our way.

TooManyHobbies
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
We oughta get a meet setup. There are like 5 of us within 10 minutes of each other. When we goin' out for beers?

I know I work near where you work. There is the new Irish pub near us with the unfortunate name. They have good food and a fantastic beer selection. Since the building they are in has been slow to fill up there is a wide open parking lot as well.

Just a suggestion. I could do JJs sometime too. Do they put up a barrier for shopping carts? :)

kevinm0131
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Dewie,
Your welcome to come down this way. Looks like several of us are going to try and make it down to Jungle Jim's tommorow evening. Now as far as the trip up north, sounds fun except I am supposing I will be in the mid, maybe low 13's only. Would we slow pokes get a special section of the lot? Sort of like the short bus? LOL!
Thanx,
Kevin

mark
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't get home from work until 545pm or so. It will probably be about 630-645 by the time I make it out there. Weather forecast looks good.

TMH: Sounds like we meet up closer to wings 'n rings, so carts shouldn't be a problem over there(hopefully).

G8 GT V8
07-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Mark is exactly right...no shopping carts on that side of the facility (at least I've never seen any over there). The weather looks like it's going to be sweeeet today too, so I plan on being there between 6:00 and 6:30.

Just remember that it's on the south end of JJ's huge complex by Cici's Pizza, Wings-n-rings, and Rib City Barbeque. Technicall, it's in the parking lot next to Rib City (see map below). You can also access the cruise-in from N Gilmore Rd.

http://mglphotography.smugmug.com/photos/590831964_J5cBz-X3-0.jpg

kevinm0131
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey,
It was great meeting up with Matt and Mark and sharing some of our G8 fever. Greta little cruise. Wide variety of vehicles mostly older, but some late models too. Had few folks wander over to check out the G8's and chat a while. We will have to do this again, or maybe even arrange a seperate meet.

Cheers,
Kevin

tacwhoc
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome....enjoy the ride!!!!

DewieJr
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I'll have to meet up with you guys next time! I was dead tired from working 3rd shift this week and just couldn't muster up the energy.

You all are always welcome up here, regardless of what time you run....just most of the cars are at LEAST a 13.99 or under some in the low low 9's.

If any of you guys are interested in joining our forum, PM me with details. We have memebers from Dayton, Cincinnati, to Cbus areas. Lots of good car guys and car talk. Its a good local site for car guys.

kevinm0131
11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
bumpin

MIEngineer
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd drive down for a meet, I was just in Ohio a few weeks ago [Hudson area this time]

bigtreepu
12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Sweeet!! If you PM me your email address, we can add you to our local list, and keep you updated on events.

~Matt

-Ray-
12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Monday I spotted a Black G8 heading East on I70 just before the 270 bypass. I think the license plate said fast G8.
Anyone we know?
I was in the Silverado, so I didn't bother trying to catch up.

travis gore
12-04-2009, 04:03 AM
welcome

bigtreepu
12-04-2009, 10:46 AM
there aren't any black g8's I know of in our area that I know of.....but can't wait to meet 'em if they're local!

-Ray-
12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I guess you would call it Mid-Ohio?

kevinm0131
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
SW Ohio stand up!

Kevin

TooManyHobbies
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Present and accounted for :cheers:

wnt2gofst
02-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Im origanilly from Sidney ohio about 20min or so north of dayton. AND a DEDICATED BUCKEYES FAN...Bulldog name is BRUTUS, cats name is BUCKEYE!

Tigws6
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
This thread is like the twilight zone. I'm in Canton (NE Ohio) right now, but grew up in Beavercreek. I'll have to keep an eye out for some G8's next time I visit my parents (who still live down there). Glad to see Ohio represented so well.