PDA

View Full Version : Have a dyno question

antonio31
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I got dyno tune today and i figured i would go to the track to test out the new tune the same day i got it. The car shifts really strong and i can feel it wanting to get away from me when i floor it. only thing that bothers me is that even though it was in the high 70's this evening and the humidity was bad the best time i could get was a 13.6 at 102 and 13.7 at 104 i mean the car pulling like hell down the track and it feels like my time should be lower. I did let my car sit for about 45 mins to help cool the intake and engine cool down. does it take awhile for your car to learn the new dyno tune or adjust to it? right now i just have a nep cai and tune. o yea my 60's time was average around 2.1

blackbirdws6
06-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Did you get a baseline run before it was tuned? Temperature, humidity and track elevation can all play a part to slower times/mph than expected. I would expect your times to be better but again, I don't know the specifics of your track.

The 60' could come down a little bit to the 2.0 range which rule of thumb gets you a couple tenths reduction down track.

Also, did you let the car shift into 4th? For your mods, I would keep the car in sport mode up to around 80 mph and then tap into manual mode to keep the car in 3rd gear for the rest of the run.

Improving your 60' and doing this trick could be worth 4 tenths which brings your times down dramatically.

antonio31
06-20-2009, 03:30 AM
my hp was 296 i forgot what the tq was for the baseline, all said and done he was able to get me at 323 and i think tq was 337 have to find my read out. I always do the 3rd gear trick, but i hope it was the temp. i did check the forecast temps was at 86 to 92 degrees with 65% humdity lastnight, so i'll try again with cooler temps.

fiveoh
06-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Look up your da here:
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Has a big effect on times. Also try to get your 60's closer to 2.0.

GNSS
06-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Last night was a hot night for racing in Orlando, Damn near 90 degrees at 8:00 pm.
Sounds pretty good for the temps and all.

Jeff

antonio31
06-20-2009, 08:56 AM
yes it was hot lastnight (only in the south), but i couldn't help but test the new tune out. Just didn't think my numbers would be that high. But thanks for the link. i input my info in and it showed a corrected et time number looked alot better.

WARLOCK
06-27-2009, 07:00 PM
See.. this is exactly why I don't EVEN want to hit the track right now.. South Mississippi in the summer.. forget it.. its like a steamroom outside. I swear i seen a tongue hanging out from the front of my car today.

R.Penguin
06-27-2009, 07:34 PM
See.. this is exactly why I don't EVEN want to hit the track right now.. South Mississippi in the summer.. forget it.. its like a steamroom outside. I swear i seen a tongue hanging out from the front of my car today.
Just like water injection! :p