PDA

View Full Version : Florida Owners Question

zosoboogie
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I was thinking of tinting my windshield in the lightest tint which I think is 35% what do you guys think!! I can get away with it because I just go to my eye surgeon and get a note and take that note to the DMV and they give me a special issued "doctors" note that says that I can have it or something or another!!
Today it hit 98 degrees in my car and it wasn't the band on the radio I could barely touch the steering wheel!!
I think the only issue would be night driving, Does anyone have their windshield tinted??

g8gxp
06-18-2009, 04:22 AM
tinted windshields absolutely suck at night. you'd be better off with just using the reflective pop up covers. they don't call it the sunshine state for nothin.

Vertical
06-18-2009, 04:43 AM
+1 on the covers vs. the windshield tint. The tint reduces your night vision quite a bit.

On a side note, a buddy of mine had 50% tint on his front winshield and it lasted him a week or so before he was pulled over for it. I know you mentioned having a vaild excuse for them but you still have to get pulled over to show it. Or, with your power, you could run.........lol, j/k

Rich@pm-fl.com
06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Arthur-

I have my entire windshield tinted in 70%. Its not dark at all, but it has enough protection to keep out the UV and some of the heat. If you need a place to do it, let me know, the shop in clearwater did a great job.

zosoboogie
06-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Arthur-

I have my entire windshield tinted in 70%. Its not dark at all, but it has enough protection to keep out the UV and some of the heat. If you need a place to do it, let me know, the shop in clearwater did a great job.

what is this place and I was thinking or between 35% and less than 70% I would tint 4 cars if that's the case!!

Rich@pm-fl.com
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
PM sent

r33pwrd
06-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I have me C43 done and I loved it but on rainy nights it was a pain to see much of anything! Mine where at %35 on ALL windows and it looked killer but I would not do it again.

zosoboogie
06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I have seen rich's car and I couldn't tell the windshield was tinted so I think I will go with 70% for the front.
It gets so damn hot in the summer my chevy trailblazer one August day it hit 110 feel like temp and it rain all of a sudden the windshield shattered

GNSS
06-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I have just the top few inches tinted on the windshield at 5% and the rest of the car is 5%.
It does suck at night because when I make left or right turns I have to roll down the windows to see good.
But I have done several of my vehicles over the years and will continue to tint them here in Florida because of the heat.

Jeff

mikesgt
07-01-2009, 02:36 AM
In FL you can have 35% on front sides, 20% on rear sides and 5% on rear window. I put 35% on the fronts and 20% on everything else including front window strip. I can see fine and it helps cut down big time on our FL sun. I had put 5% on the rear window of my Comp G, but it was way too dark. I just don't think 75% would do much down here.

zosoboogie
07-01-2009, 04:21 AM
75% does alot and it looks stealthy

Mlozano
07-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm a little confused don't you guys mean darkest? the darker it is the lower the % which is the light allowed to flow through. Your right about the 35% 20% thing for florida, if your down south no one will pull you over for tints unless your acting stupid, i was pulled over for another reason and the cop just said i should take them off, no ticket or anything, as for up north, i don't know. I'm running 3M CS 20 which is 16% all around.

It does decrease your night visibility but you get used to it, if your in a really dark area you can just bring your windows down. If your more intrested in cutting heat than being dark, go with the new 3M crystallin which doesn't come darker than 40% (i think). It doesn't need to be dark because it does an amazing job at going after UV light instead of visible light like all other tints do.

EDIT: Oh wait u meant the windshield, ditto!

BSmith
07-04-2009, 06:49 AM
Did you end up getting the 70%? I had that on my 96 Impala and no one could tell it was there. I felt it helped with the heat issues.

When I get around to doing the G8 windshield, I'm going to go a little darker with 50%. Until then, remote start!

stryker g8gt
07-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I have a buddy that had his front truck window done in 70%......you could hardly tell it was there, but it helped on the heat and cut some glare down from on coming traffics at night......still contemplating doing the G8....bought a front window foldout sun blocker but is to short.......lol

zosoboogie
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
got an appointment on Tues for the front windshield