PDA

View Full Version : Pedders XA's FINALLY on.

Kermit
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Well after getting my XA's back in March along with my STB, I was finally able to get around to putting them on myself in my own garage over the last two days. I had to also put in my front radius rod bushing. I waited to do those until I could do my struts so I only would have to get an alignment once.

I took two days so I would not be rushed and could just take my time and do it right.

Special thanks to Rob at Wretched for answering all my questions and finding out the answer if he did not know. Also a shout out to Jaysin for his write up he put online which helped a lot. Between them two and going to the Pedders forum to see their write ups, I would say it was not bad. Now just have to drive it around a bit to make sure I'm not too low. Been reading that those of us with headers, need to be careful we don't go too low. :wacko:

How does it look?

VENOM
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
that looks great man! i want to lower mine too, but maybe just a half inch. do you know measurement wise how low you went? NJ has tons of steep driveways that I pray going down on now.

Kermit
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the complement. :)
I started with 649mm up front and now it is sitting at 613mm. So that is lowed by 36mm which is about 2 3/8's I believe.
I have to be sure to go SLOW down my driveway or I will hit. Just will have to learn to drive more cautiously now. :puke:

WhiteDeathLSX
06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks perfect. Congratulations!

p71
06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Terrible. Box them up and send them to me.

Jaysin
06-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Great Job there Steve! Looks beautiful! You will have everybody on the streets checkin it out now.