PDA

View Full Version : DashHawk thinkin'.

R.Penguin
09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
When I started seeing 0-60 times in the mid to low 4 second range my first thought was "well, that thing must not be that accurate". Then I thunk about how it gets it's inputs. A clock is a clock and the MPH, etc. is coming off the CAN bus, which seems to report very reliable numbers on all funtions that the DHawk can report. I've had one for months and every funtion I monitor seems to be spot on. But still, 0-60 in 4.5 sec in a 2 ton sedan just seems too frikkin fast. So, I started to do some spot checks on my own car as I added mods. Got the exhaust system done last week, along with modified New Era CAI, ECM/TCM tune for 91 and over 7K on the car now.

So, fu*k me! Without disabling Traction control and starting on a shoulder with a bit of loose gravel I got 4.6 sec. I was surprised! So next week I'll fuss with it a bit more & see.

I know I'll never get down to the 3.9 sec. that Wreckwriter got, but WTF? We're getting into some serious 0-60 times here with headers & a cam on top of the usual milder mods. Still with a 4000LB sedan! If I can do under 4.4 sec. I'll be really shocked and very impressed.

So whatta ya' think? Is the G8 just frikkin' amazing or are the DashHawks lying to us???

COMMENTS WELCOME! :p

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I have checked it against a G-Tec pro and it is on. Not to mention the Vettes and other cars that are mid to low 4s that I beat!

GeorgeInNePa
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
When I started seeing 0-60 times in the mid to low 4 second range my first thought was "well, that thing must not be that accurate". Then I thunk about how it gets it's inputs. A clock is a clock and the MPH, etc. is coming off the CAN bus, which seems to report very reliable numbers on all funtions that the DHawk can report. I've had one for months and every funtion I monitor seems to be spot on. But still, 0-60 in 4.5 sec in a 2 ton sedan just seems too frikkin fast. So, I started to do some spot checks on my own car as I added mods. Got the exhaust system done last week, along with modified New Era CAI, ECM/TCM tune for 91 and over 7K on the car now.

So, fu*k me! Without disabling Traction control and starting on a shoulder with a bit of loose gravel I got 4.6 sec. I was surprised! So next week I'll fuss with it a bit more & see.

I know I'll never get down to the 3.9 sec. that Wreckwriter got, but WTF? We're getting into some serious 0-60 times here with headers & a cam on top of the usual milder mods. Still with a 4000LB sedan! If I can do under 4.4 sec. I'll be really shocked and very impressed.

So whatta ya' think? Is the G8 just frikkin' amazing or are the DashHawks lying to us???

COMMENTS WELCOME! :p

WTF did I miss?

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I missed that! I think Wreck said his goal was 3.9 sec, because he has been taking it easy until the break in is done.

jnak
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I saw someone with a 4.2, but didn't know anyone was sub 4 seconds!:eek:

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
George has a 4.2 and I have done a 4.22.