PDA

View Full Version : G8 gone, oil leak dx

sweetair
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I brought my G8 back in today for the oil leak to be diagnosed. Perhaps Charlie wants to chime in here. I was told that there is a cover on the back of the L76 motor and that is where the leak is coming from. Needless to say, I know the Service Manager and the Shop Foreman (Dennis)personally and totally trust this tear down and repair. I was told that they want to take their time, need some special tools and will get it back in a few days as the Shop Foreman wants to do this himself to get it right.

So I am cruising around in a Sierra Super Crew pick-up that is very nice, but no G8. My two recalls are going to be taken care of as well, and I am trying to get my cracked chin piece replaced under warranty as well. I swear this was cracked proir to my getting the car. It was on the lot for a month or so and had 22 miles on it. No way I hit something.

Upon hearing exactly what the cause is of the leak this is all I have. Any others out there where this cover was the issue??

BTW------Dennis totally agrees that a Catch Can is a good thing. Soon mine will be ordered.