PDA

View Full Version : Vid with Non DOD cam

Blackdevil77
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Now my eyes aren't great but it looks the new rev limiter with the cam is around the 7000 area. Not to mention the car looks from this vid, MUCH faster. And about the kooks mufflers, couldn't hear much of a drone, can't really rely on the vid for that but does anyone have them? If so, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XitFhojPLLc&feature=related

Chewy
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
That's Manofsteels car. He took the KooKs off as it was too loud I guess...

Blackdevil77
09-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Really? Maybe Manofsteel will chime in. Got ALOT of questions for him lol

GRRRR8
09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Thats Jay's car(MANOFSTEEL69) and he already took the muffs off and put the stockers back on.

MANOFSTEEL69
09-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes, I put the stock mufflers back on. The drone was terrible from 65-75, and it would get a weird twangy sound at certain RPMs (vibration through the pan of the mufflers). Look, I don't mind a loud car. The drone I could've lived with. The sick crotch rocket sound that made you feel like you were in the dentists chair.........No. These mufflers weren't as researched as people are being led to believe they were. Kooks will never get a dime of my money again in life.

wreckwriter
09-12-2008, 12:23 PM
I haven't had mine on the highway yet but I'll admit the sound is not what I was hoping for either. Its VERY loud in the car, definitely drones even at low speeds. I have yet to experience Jay's crotch rocket sound but if I do I expect I'll be looking for another solution too.

Chewy
09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Most systems are pretty much off the shelf when they can be IMO. Magnaflow and all the others use what they have before reinventing the err... muffler. Only the real high dollar ones make custom one off from model to model.

I wonder if there axle backs were designed more for stock cars???

Blackdevil77
09-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, I put the stock mufflers back on. The drone was terrible from 65-75, and it would get a weird twangy sound at certain RPMs (vibration through the pan of the mufflers). Look, I don't mind a loud car. The drone I could've lived with. The sick crotch rocket sound that made you feel like you were in the dentists chair.........No. These mufflers weren't as researched as people are being led to believe they were. Kooks will never get a dime of my money again in life.

Oh, well in that case, F*&$ the Kooks lol. Now I really LOVE the sound of Borla. What exhausts do they have for the G8 and do they have a rep for drone? Also, someone recommended to me SLP exhaust. What you think of this?

Just out of curiosity, were does your car shift now at WOT?

MANOFSTEEL69
09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, I think it's funny their (KOOKS) video clip didn't go over 45 MPH, because that's where they are quieter. I actually think I'm faster with the stocks. Even my wife thinks the car runs stronger.

MANOFSTEEL69
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I shift at 6400 right now. When I get my HP Tuner, I'll set it at 7000 for the track.

Blackdevil77
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I shift at 6400 right now. When I get my HP Tuner, I'll set it at 7000 for the track.

DAMN! With the cam there's more power up there in the rpm range? Does that run the risk of damage? Who installed your cam and what do you think of the job they did? Unless you did it yourself. If that's the case then :worthy:

MANOFSTEEL69
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Mike at New Era Performance and his crew, in Rochester, NY did all my work. His shop is well known for it's LS engine knowledge, and he has build some pretty wicked cars. One of which is a 1250HP ZR-6 that's bad as hell, lol. Mike believes our engines have alot of potential to push the envelope w/out causing serious harm. If it does I'll be stepping up to the LS7 ;)

Crazy Paul
09-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Speaking of Kooks Drone.
Turn your speakers up to 11 at 5:15 till 5:20 into this vid
......it will rattle all the dirt off your house windows.

OVsbU93OOx4

SFC
09-14-2008, 02:05 PM

I don't think that's a very fair statement. With the FULL kooks system I have NONE of the issues you stated above.

I highly doubt kooks tested their system with an ARH system before sale. Before you run around blaming kooks, perhaps you should get the full story...

And I am NOT one to defend them *just because*. They did a fine job of keeping my car off the road an extra 4 days by sending me the wrong o2 extension.

SFC
09-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Most systems are pretty much off the shelf when they can be IMO. Magnaflow and all the others use what they have before reinventing the err... muffler. Only the real high dollar ones make custom one off from model to model.

I wonder if there axle backs were designed more for stock cars???

I'd say their axlebacks were designed for the full system only. There was more drone with just the axlebacks than the full system for me.

MANOFSTEEL69
09-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I don't think that's a very fair statement. With the FULL kooks system I have NONE of the issues you stated above.

I highly doubt kooks tested their system with an ARH system before sale. Before you run around blaming kooks, perhaps you should get the full story...

And I am NOT one to defend them *just because*. They did a fine job of keeping my car off the road an extra 4 days by sending me the wrong o2 extension.

Their mufflers, according to them, were advertised to work with "any system". I was told by George (KOOKS) that the ARH is not believed to be the cause of the problem, and that they were already working on another muffler. Perhaps you should get the full story.....I spent $535.00 on a product that did not perform to standards, voiced my disatisfaction to the Kooks Company, (before I posted anything BTW), and got nothing but "we thought their might be some issues". That's where I have a problem....I'm glad your system works to your satisfaction, I am not satisfied and voicing my disatisfaction in the hopes that others will not be so quick to make the same mistake, just like people with the Magnaflows.

99-LS1-SS
09-24-2008, 01:00 PM
More tattoos and corn please. lol j/k

Nice car. I like the way it sounds. I hope to run LT headers with the factory mufflers if the GXP will ever come out.

GRRRR8
09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
The LTs and factory muffs is what I run and it is stealth! If my camcorder will get figured out I will have a video for everyone.

99-LS1-SS
09-25-2008, 04:25 AM
The LTs and factory muffs is what I run and it is stealth!
This is what I plan on shooting for too.