PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results, ARH,Vararam, HSRK

mtolivecracker
06-14-2009, 06:04 PM
So about two weeks ago I took a trip across the concrete jungle to a wonderful place:

There i packed my car full of serious stainless steel piping:

When i laid them out on my garage floor, i was learned what true love was:

The install presented a slight challenge for me, mainly because i dont have much experience with cars, and i did it from the ground. But overall it took me about 4 hours to get the old rusty exhaust off:

Ewww:

the O2 sensors were not a good time, pretty high up and hard to get to next to the trans.

Putting the ARH on was like butter. Look about an hour.

I threw on an Vector HSRK:

Then i was off to see Matt down at Tune Time Performance in Toms River, NJ. This was my first time down there, and when i pulled up, the parking lot was full of TB SS's, all blown, Matt's brand new silver Camaro SS(gorgeous), and a bunch of other sick cars. Matt did his work on my car and I put down some pretty sweet numbers on the mustand dyno on a pretty hot day:

357 RWHP and 369 RWTQ....love it!!! Thanks GRRRR8 Forum, for emptying my wallet and giving me some great insight into the best mods.

Blackdevil77
06-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Very nice! Nick and Mike at ARH are awsome aren't they? What size primaries did you get?

blackbirdws6
06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Exhaust sounds great buddy. Thanks for stopping by and taking me for a ride. Car certainly packs a punch! Idle was nice and subdued and when you nail it, the V8 really awakens. Can't wait until mine get here and then I'm off for another tune. Very very solid numbers on a Mustang dyno.

Tips are beautiful. Where did you get them?

mtolivecracker
06-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Very nice! Nick and Mike at ARH are awsome aren't they? What size primaries did you get?

I went with 1 3/4. Must....stop....modding....

Brian,

The tips i got from streetimports.com. Ive seen people talk about them on this forum before. I took off the stock muffler today to see if i could just hacksaw the old tips off and strap these on. NOPE. these new ones are not long enough. need to cut off the old, and add about 2 inches of piping there. I might have to give it to a shop to play with while i ride around with no mufflers for a day.

Blackdevil77
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM

lol. Your at a good place to stop. Your already decently faster than stock now and you should lay the smack down on them hemi's lol. 1 3/4 you went with huh. That must explain my torque numbers lol.

GeoffA
06-14-2009, 07:57 PM
So... American Racing Headers, Vararam, and a Tune, 357 at the rear, I can't wait!!!!

mtolivecracker
06-15-2009, 04:47 AM
That must explain my torque numbers lol.

Yeah, i told myself this just about as far as i would go, basically give the car what it was meant to have from the start. Thats why i went with 1 and 3/4. But you can go much further with yours.

So... American Racing Headers, Vararam, and a Tune, 357 at the rear, I can't wait!!!!

Isnt it amazing. I sat back, read this form religiously, watched everyone go in their different directions, and learned that this was the best way to go for my car. I am more than happy about it.

Blackdevil77
06-15-2009, 05:31 AM
Yeah, i told myself this just about as far as i would go, basically give the car what it was meant to have from the start. Thats why i went with 1 and 3/4. But you can go much further with yours.

Thats why I ended up going with the 1 7/8's. Car's getting cammed as we speak :) But if your sticking with bolt-on's, 1 3/4 all the way!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
06-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Very nice numbers. good job!

mtolivecracker
06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Very nice numbers. good job!

Thanks! Im sure that HSRK pulled some weight

blackbirdws6
06-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Brian,

The tips i got from streetimports.com. Ive seen people talk about them on this forum before. I took off the stock muffler today to see if i could just hacksaw the old tips off and strap these on. NOPE. these new ones are not long enough. need to cut off the old, and add about 2 inches of piping there. I might have to give it to a shop to play with while i ride around with no mufflers for a day.

The exhaust shop I mentioned could bang this out but I would recommend bringing the car with you since you want these to be perfect. I want the stock muffler sound for my car once I get the ARH setup on but I don't love the stock tips. I'm going to have to have them replaced...hmm. Maybe I should make an early trip.

mtolivecracker
06-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Let me know if you go down there, i kind of wanna drive around without mufflers for a day to see what my PM FLs would have sounded like with this setup

jimmytt6
06-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice numbers!!!
I want get me some ARH to hook up to my Borla's..

DewieJr
06-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Congrats on great numbers and your new found power!

Tom@ARH
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats on your gains. have a good summer

Devilish34
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Congrats..Hopefully I'll see similar numbers if I can ever get on a dyno